JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I haven't found anywhere that this has been rescinded. It states that if an elected official receives more than 10% of their campaign contributions from out of their district, (I would also assume state) their office is forfeit. Sec 3 states that entities that pass money through from out of district are committing a felony!! (Everytown??) Our Governess received approx. 22M in donations, 7M of which were from out of state. Anybody got any ideas???? (To Mods: this relates to criminal behavior, and should be non-partisan)

Section 22[edit]

Political campaign contribution limitations.

Section (1)[edit]
For purposes of campaigning for an elected public office, a candidate may use or direct only contributions which originate from individuals who at the time of their donation were residents of the electoral district of the public office sought by the candidate, unless the contribution consists of volunteer time, information provided to the candidate, or funding provided by federal, state, or local government for purposes of campaigning for an elected public office.
Section (2)[edit]
Where more than ten percent (10%) of a candidate's total campaign funding is in violation of Section (1), and the candidate is subsequently elected, the elected official shall forfeit the office and shall not hold a subsequent elected public office for a period equal to twice the tenure of the office sought. Where more than ten percent (10%) of a candidate's total campaign funding is in violation of Section (1) and the candidate is not elected, the unelected candidate shall not hold a subsequent elected public office for a period equal to twice the tenure of the office sought.
Section (3)[edit]
A qualified donor (an individual who is a resident within the electoral district of the office sought by the candidate) shall not contribute to a candidate's campaign any restricted contributions of Section (1) received from an unqualified donor for the purpose of contributing to a candidate's campaign for elected public office. An unqualified donor (an entity which is not an individual and who is not a resident of the electoral district of the office sought by the candidate) shall not give any restricted contributions of Section (1) to a qualified donor for the purpose of contributing to a candidate's campaign for elected public office.
Section (4)[edit]
A violation of Section (3) shall be an unclassified felony.[annotations 8][notes 4]

I haven't found anywhere that this has been rescinded. It states that if an elected official receives more than 10% of their campaign contributions from out of their district, (I would also assume state) their office is forfeit. Sec 3 states that entities that pass money through from out of district are committing a felony!! (Everytown??) Our Governess received approx. 22M in donations, 7M of which were from out of state. Anybody got any ideas???? (To Mods: this relates to criminal behavior, and should be non-partisan)

Section 22[edit]

Political campaign contribution limitations.

Section (1)[edit]
For purposes of campaigning for an elected public office, a candidate may use or direct only contributions which originate from individuals who at the time of their donation were residents of the electoral district of the public office sought by the candidate, unless the contribution consists of volunteer time, information provided to the candidate, or funding provided by federal, state, or local government for purposes of campaigning for an elected public office.
Section (2)[edit]
Where more than ten percent (10%) of a candidate's total campaign funding is in violation of Section (1), and the candidate is subsequently elected, the elected official shall forfeit the office and shall not hold a subsequent elected public office for a period equal to twice the tenure of the office sought. Where more than ten percent (10%) of a candidate's total campaign funding is in violation of Section (1) and the candidate is not elected, the unelected candidate shall not hold a subsequent elected public office for a period equal to twice the tenure of the office sought.
Section (3)[edit]
A qualified donor (an individual who is a resident within the electoral district of the office sought by the candidate) shall not contribute to a candidate's campaign any restricted contributions of Section (1) received from an unqualified donor for the purpose of contributing to a candidate's campaign for elected public office. An unqualified donor (an entity which is not an individual and who is not a resident of the electoral district of the office sought by the candidate) shall not give any restricted contributions of Section (1) to a qualified donor for the purpose of contributing to a candidate's campaign for elected public office.
Section (4)[edit]
A violation of Section (3) shall be an unclassified felony.[annotations 8][notes 4]
Any attys respond?

And, what would it take for the State's Attorney General to pursue this?:rolleyes:

I have sent a query to the deputy AG, and also the new SOS, with no response yet. I am going to call the deputy AG tomorrow, and try to find where I can get audit info.

Beyond that, probably an act of Congress. (fat chance) Maybe a few well placed arty rounds??? (figuratively, of course, they took my 105 away from me!) :s0019:

Fat chance of that happening, the Governor has the AG in her pocket... Wouldn't expect much from the new SoS either... Hand picked...

this is the problem. "They" work for "Us". we are told they are untouchable. WE pay the salary. WE need to stand our ground and demand that laws are upheld.

go for it ..........but know that Oregon is the 11th most corrupt state of the union because its run by democrats that openly take these out of state political contributions

TAINT BROWN & BLOOMBERG

If you are serious about it, first get some legal advice to make sure your interpretation is correct. You might reach out to groups like Oregon Catalysts or Taxpayer Association of Oregon to bridge the gap between finding people to interpret the language, and what to do next.

If you just send it to the AG, that will be the end of the story. If there is actual teeth in it, she won't act unless there is outside pressure to do so. i.e. media starts reporting on it and asking questions. Especially the ones running stories on Oregon campaign financing.

The AG referred me to the Ethics Commission. I was then referred to the SOS Elections Division. Awaiting a call back.

Art 2, Sec 22, is a result of an initiative petition 6, in 1994. Specifically limiting campaign contributions from out of candidate's district.

I am just looking for any way I can to cause grief to those that wish to attack my Civil Rights. If it weren't for their unconstitutional attacks, I wouldn't really give a darn.

I seriously doubt that most of them down in Salem are worried about the Oregon Constitution, or the US Constitution for that matter.

I finally got hold of a 'Michelle' at the elections division. 503-986-1518. She said they are getting a 'LOT' of calls about this issue. And, essentially, they haven't formulated a response yet!!! They will call back, tomorrow or Monday!! :s0048:

I finally got hold of a 'Michelle' at the elections division. 503-986-1518. She said they are getting a 'LOT' of calls about this issue. And, essentially, they haven't formulated a response yet!!! They will call back, tomorrow or Monday!! :s0048:
Time to hold their feet to the fire. Nothing would make me happier than to see the marble nuthouse cleared out of some of these vermin. Feed it back to Soros and Bloomberg...

Time to hold their feet to the fire. Nothing would make me happier than to see the marble nuthouse cleared out of some of these vermin. Feed it back to Soros and Bloomberg...

I hope others will call them. If this has legs, they brought it on themselves by attacking our Civil Rights!! It is time to stand up in any and all ways possible!! :s0085:

I hope others will call them. If this has legs, they brought it on themselves by attacking our Civil Rights!! It is time to stand up in any and all ways possible!! :s0085:
I would highly encourage everyone who reads this, pick up the phone, take the five minutes to twenty, and make the call!!!

Let's get them on the ropes, time for Oregun gun owners to go on the offense!!!!

I think Salem is going to find out what Asymmetrical warfare is like in the modern age. When the gorillas your fighting against are on the internet and the telephone.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top