JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
SO I was in a Big R store here in Central Oregon the other day and an employee back at the gun counter(I think he was a retired cop) told me there is a separate permit issued by the state of Oregon to carry weapons other than a handgun, concealed? Is this true? He said my handgun permit wont cover a concealed knife and I knew that, but he said theres a special permit for carrying a switchblade or other forms of knives concealed. Not sure if he is ill informed or messing with me to break the law? Anyone know if such a permit exists? I tried googling it but I'm not a computer buff.:s0114:

I did a google search (Good at it). There is no such thing as a concealed knife permit as far as I can tell.

Copied from a post on Oregon concealed carry.com: Oregon state law says you can carry any knife concealed as long as it is not a dirk, dagger, switchblade, or butterfly knife. other than that you can carry what you want without any type of license.

There is only one concealed carry permit in Oregon. It only cover handguns. You cannot CC a rifle. As for autoknives, you can open carry them, but not conceal them. Generally, if the clip is visible outside your pocket that is considered open carry.

Chamelon, no it wasnt Cameron. I think Cameron is the dark olive complexion fellow from Europe somewhere, but looks more like from the middle east. Not sure. This guy that told me about the "special permit" looked like the typical white Eastern Oregon middle aged pot bellied wannabe cowboy with cop mustache. Sorta looks like John Kitzhaber, but heavier. I hadnt seen him before so maybe he is part time for the holidays? Anyway, thanks all for the clarification and keeping me on the right. Spengo, thanks for the added info as i was wondering if the clip of my HK switchblade qualifies for being the part legal for open carry. I'd hate to have a $200 knife fall off my pocket so its nice to know the knife can be in my pocket with the clip acting as the exposed part:).

I was a Custom Knifemaker for 14 years from 1982 to 1996 and in that time I never heard of any such permit. I made all forms of knives from little paring knifes to combat bowies that served with Recon Marines in the first gulf war. I made autos and everything in between.

And I haven't heard a thing about one since.

I call this Myth BUSTED

not in the state of oregon, some other states have permits that will allow you to carry things other than a handgun which are called a concealed weapon permit, but in oregon we only have a chl

And in Washington it's a Concealed Pistol License or CPL. Only cover pistols, nothing else.

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Trade Rating" is low by 3
Not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

my 10.5" barreled mk18 has an overall length of 25"... backpack, violin case, gym bag, etc.

course, i'm not a bubblegumin wacko, so i generally don't do this. but it's quite possible.. and for longer guns, too.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top