JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As the title says, I was wondering if anyone has any up to date and verified information concerning how Oregon Conceal Carry Permit holder background checks work? I know for a while they had stopped putting CHLs "to the front of the line" when doing a background checks, But they did put me to the front of the line earlier this year and my FFL told me they were doing it again. But today when doing a private transfer from another user on this site, despite having an up to date Oregon CHL, I was thrown back into the queue (5K+ something people I think right now, so 2ish week wait?). Does anyone know if they are not putting Conceal Carry permit holders to the front of the background check queue anymore? Or just a fluke?

I bought a pistol just a couple weeks ago. Hillsboro. Took longer to fill out the paperwork than it did to get approved.

The salesman specifically said "You're ahead of 3-thousand-something people without a CHL."

I bought 2 glocks a couple weekends ago and the background took less than 5 minutes. I do have a CHL. I have buddies who also have CHLs and have been put on hold or at the back of the line with no explanation. I think it just happens. It's the government. They are guaranteed to F—k up.

Here's another data point. I've been helping a co-worker buy his first pistol. He actually got his CHL first. Then ordered a glock that arrived at A Cut Above Pawn. He just went there with his CHL like 5 minutes ago, and was told it'll be two weeks.

I wanted to orfer a lower today but i have a chl and was tossed to the back last transfer. Not sure if that is the intended result to inconvienence folks and they wont buy as many.. prob not but just hate waiting lol. I hope anybody waiting for their backgrounds have their purchases asap!

Here's another data point. I've been helping a co-worker buy his first pistol. He actually got his CHL first. Then ordered a glock that arrived at A Cut Above Pawn. He just went there with his CHL like 5 minutes ago, and was told it'll be two weeks.
I bought a shotgun from Velzey less than two weeks ago. I started out at #10 with over 5600 people in the queue. Every other firearm I've bought since November (4) has been less than a 20 minute wait, with the exception of a transfer in Washington where I was delayed. I blame that on Washington.

With numbers stacking up like that, you tell me "The People" want firearms restrictions...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top