JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just got back here from our annual three-week sojourn in the wonderful state of Oregon, mostly helping out a dear friend of ours whose husband had died suddenly last October.

As usual, we worked our way around the western end of the state, using Eugene as our base, visiting with friends in Port Orford, Salem and Cannon Beach, and a few others around our home-base, and once again, hit the lucky button in my quest for old, El Paso-made Weaver scopes to add to my collection.

It ain't 'zackly like new outside, but looking through it, well, it might have just come out of the box - an all-steel [except for the glass, right?] 3-9 V9.

For a nickel under twenty-five bucks.

Deal or what?

That baby is going right on one of my Swiss rifles - today.

The vendor has more stuff in the same price range, and you are guaranteed at least half an hour quality yakking before the deal is done - priceless, IMO.

He also has a VERY nice, if slightly costy, s/42 P08, as well.

PM me for a location i.d.

tac

PS - to those kind folks who offered me some shooting time, my deepest apologies, but we were so busy doing stuff that I still haven't gotten used to sitting down doing nothing. In the three weeks, less a few days being elsewhere, we weather-treated a newly-built pump-house, finished off a four-hundred square-foot deck, catalogued a moderately-large gun collection, ditto a guitar and ukelele collection, AND THREE model railroad collections, refurbed the paint on a nice '65 muscle car, looked at and bought a Subaru legacy runaround, did some general garden work, and more.

PPS - a spotlight on the recently-relocated Mazama Gun Room in their spiffy new store in Yoojeen. The head honcho there made me as welcome as a very welcoming person, and spent some time batting the breeze with this non-buyer, for which I'm very grateful. Tells me that they are taking over the next door premises as well - a same-size floor-space. Now THAT should be interesting to see - possibly the largest one-man gun-store in the state? I feel an application for a green card comin' on, me, AND I already speak 'gun', as well as pretty passable English. For those who need feeding as well as shooting - Carl Jnr's is about fifty meters away. They serve a Great Western burger that I recommend highly.

tac

Last Edited:
Pics -
upload_2016-7-4_12-31-12.png
upload_2016-7-4_12-31-40.png
upload_2016-7-4_12-32-12.png

and the all-important glass bit - look at that beeyootiful crosshair - in a scope made sometime around 1960 or so....
upload_2016-7-4_12-33-23.png

tac

Pics -
View attachment 300604
View attachment 300605
View attachment 300606

and the all-important glass bit - look at that beeyootiful crosshair - in a scope made sometime around 1960 or so....
View attachment 300607

tac

Nice scope and outdoor model railroad. Most of my boom stick and related purchases have been funded by selling of part of the HO collection...since I can't throw stuff as well as I used to if SHTF. Will miss my brass but with no garage in the immediate future...it's all about priorities and risk management.

Question, since you are an old glass aficionado, Your opinion on older Swift glass circa 60s-late 70s?

Brutus Out

V. kind of you to comment on my teeny trackage - see tac's trains on Youtube to see live-steam in action.

Sadly, I know nothing of Swift telescopic sights, but their binoculars have a well-served good rep. I had a pair of the 7x35 Audobon model from around '75, and they were wonderfully bright and clear, even after a full submersion in a lake when dropped out of a floating hide. The Swift dealers here in yUK didn't bat an eyelash when they received my poor weed-draped 'bins, just fixed then and sent them back FOC.

tac

I have the same exact weaver on an old marlin 57m. They're not the newest wizzbang scope so they can be had cheap and like you say those fine crosshairs are nice.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top