JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've just returned from the show. This is my favorite show of the year; nothing but collectors stuff. Heavy this year on lever guns and wheel guns. I almost dropped a G on an 1895 Winchester 12 gauge Trench gun but I didn't feel it was worth it without the M1917 bayonet. I almost got away without buying anything until I heard this little voice calling out from a table. It sounded like Czech but with a German accent and lo, I saw this pretty little P 27(t) on the table looking all forlorn among the top break S&Ws. After a little haggling I walked away with it AND another Czech bayonet to go with my vz24 I'll be picking up this week. So now I have another caliber to play with. The show continues tomorrow at the Airport Holiday Inn exhibit hall on N. Columbia. admission is $6 and parking is free.

IMG_20150822_145713_zpstu0zqaqd.jpg

I drove up for this show. The smoke almost made it not worth wild. Holy cow, I couldn't see more than 1/2 mile or so.

I was hoping for more parts dealers. There were several very impressive displays. The two that stuck out to me were the High Standard displays (I'm biased, I know one of the guys displaying) and the U.S. Combat shotgun display. Also, I loved the display of Italian rifles. No one seems to like carcano rifles much and to see so many on the table made me smile.

The problem I have with this show, and I take the same issue with many of the good, small shows that are left, is that a good number of the vendors seem disinterested in the customers/patrons. I saw several sitting in chairs reading novels while customers streamed past their tables.

The guns were definitely priced like it was a collector show. I did see a 1903 NRA sporter that had sadly been pretty molested. But it was reasonably priced given its "issues".

Overall, it was worth going. 6$ is reasonable for entrance. Free parking is definitely a bonus. It isn't my favorite show, that would still be the independent Redmond (non-Wes Knodel) show and the Rickreal show. Still definitely worth checking out!

Thanks for the post, Qaolin! I'll check it out tomorrow! Be nice to see some wood and steel guns!
Your new pistol looks like it's in good shape, enjoy!

apparently the word hasn't gotten there yet. C&R still accepted.

Ok, so school me. I thought under the new law, a transfer between two C & R holders would require a background check since neither is "licensed" under the new law.

I think that a transfer from an FFL to a C & R would not require it but that's just my interpretation.

Ok, so school me. I thought under the new law, a transfer between two C & R holders would require a background check since neither is "licensed" under the new law.

no one knows for sure. ATF, Attorney General, OSP (calls x6) wont answer the question. both my senator and rep wont respond to my calls anymore.

Its a risk to take. Since you have to document the C&R purchase in your book, you have evidence of the transfer. since all transfers are now registrations with OSP for 5+years, they could look and see if you did a background check.

So Im not risking it.

I drove up for this show. The smoke almost made it not worth wild. Holy cow, I couldn't see more than 1/2 mile or so.

The problem I have with this show, and I take the same issue with many of the good, small shows that are left, is that a good number of the vendors seem disinterested in the customers/patrons. I saw several sitting in chairs reading novels while customers streamed past their tables.

Overall, it was worth going. 6$ is reasonable for entrance. Free parking is definitely a bonus. It isn't my favorite show, that would still be the independent Redmond (non-Wes Knodel) show and the Rickreal show. Still definitely worth checking out!

I went just to look, for the most part. I have (had) a couple of old Winchesters, in pretty rough shape. I'm always trying to figure what they're worth as I'm wanting to sell them. There was a guy there with a line-up of old Winchesters....He had a Henry and a couple down a m66 Yellow Boy dated 1872 for $8,500.00. I questioned the (disinterested looking) kid and he knew nothing, but pointed to a guy. I started talking to the guy about condition vs worth of these old Winchesters, (I have an M66 dated to '70, '71) the guy started climbing down my throat about what do I expect from something-or-other, just angry I was bothering him is what it felt like. I raised my voice and said something to the effect that his gun here is $8,500.00 and all I wanted was to get an idea what my gun might be worth! With that I turned and walked away, pretty disappointed and ready to walk out.

Skip ahead....i stayed for another isle, came to a table where the guy said "How ya' doing", so I told him. He was surprised I ran into a dick and he had some old Winchesters on his table. He told me I should talk to another guy there that was real good with Winchesters. So this guy ended up walking up while I'm still talking and he introduces me, and the guy says he will give me a price!

I had to drive home to get the M66, I'm only 15 min round trip though. Before I got to the door, gun in hand, I had a guy stop me and offer $3000.00 for the gun. This going to be a good day after all! When I told this nice old guy inside that I'd had an offer of 3K outside he said "Oh it's worth more than that". So, I got "More than that"! That made my day. This gun was in pretty bad shape...Missing front sight, initials carved in receiver, missing/buggered screws, rotted barrel in front of the chamber.

I read this guy as someone that does this for the love of the gun. He's not into the buy low fix up and sell high. He went on to explain that the musket length was the least desirable of the Yellow Boys, and how much it could be worth if it were a different configuration. Heck, while I was talking to him he had guys from the other tables coming over to get HIS opinion on worth of other Winchesters!

So with all that money in my pocket I went back to the guy that put me on to Denny and bought a mid '50s Chiefs Special from him. Now I've got enough to get that AK 47, guilt free!

Mike

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads