JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I know, not 1972 but in 1966 I took Hunters Safety from the Math teacher in a class room after school . That was Meadow Park Jr High in Beaverton. My shooting partner is a couple years older than me and was on the Benson Polytechnic High School Pistol team in Portlandi in the late 60's and early 70's.

I'm surprised his mom isn't burning a heater since it's'72. They used to have ashtrays at the end of the aisle in the Bales Thriftway in Aloha by where I grew up. I remember my mom's girlfriend mixing potato salad for a party with a cigarette hanging out of her lips and the ash fell in. She just looked sideways at me and said, "Pepper." And continued mixing :s0112:.

Also I was on the Aloha High School rifle team in 83 and 84. Yep things have changed. We practiced at the Sunset High School range that was in the basement. With an armory and stacks of ammo no less haha😳.

Looks a lot like the first gun I shot with Grandpa. Still have it today, '62 Colt Frontier Scout.

20210417_080833.jpg

??? you sure thats a dog? looks kind of like a Chicken. lol
It was the 70's. My family did/does not spend money on certain things. I have personally cut my own hair for over 30 years. Underneath that mop is a Pekinese Poodle.

No Doggie Groomer action back then. The 'vet' was a gun and a shovel.

Stay healthy, My Friends!

It happens at Caveman's place, in the spring/summer/fall weather permitting I clean my guns outside. My neighbors aren't pussies. :D
Same here Caveman. My neighbors all shoot in their yard. If they saw me outside with a gun all they'd so is come over to check it out and take a couple shots themselves. The only complainers we get are recent newbies in town that came up from The People's Republik of Kalifornya to escape that state. Now they want to change this place.

Same here Caveman. My neighbors all shoot in their yard. If they saw me outside with a gun all they'd so is come over to check it out and take a couple shots themselves. The only complainers we get are recent newbies in town that came up from The People's Republik of Kalifornya to escape that state. Now they want to change this place.

Yep, mine like to come check out the AR's that I build. :D

I've been seeing that happen slowly over the 30 years that I've been here. I call what they're doing "insanity", doing the same thing, voting for the same clowns (D's) and getting the same results up here.

They aren't too smart and should return to sleep in the bed that they made!!!

Around this time Sunset Highschool still had a range in the basement, and students brought their rifles to school and kept them in their gun racks.

Last Edited:
Around this time Sunset Highschool still had a range in the basement, and students brought their rifles to school and kept them in their gun racks.
We used to bring our rifles and shotguns in to wood and metal shop for extra credit projects at Aloha high in the early '80s. Try that now :(. I almost always had a full gun rack in my rig. It just wasn't an issue.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top