JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I see way too many idiots at the range that have absolutely no clue about safety and should not own guns. They take a 30 min online class and now they have a concealealed carry license? These are the people that make ALL responsible gun owners look bad! These people are the biggest threat to my rights to own and carry a gun! These online CHL classes are a huge disservice to responsible gun owners!

I bet these "idiots" you observe know the safety rules but choose to ignore them. I have ran into too many good old
boys who shot guns there whole life "Know how to handle a gun". Like pointing the muzzle at everyone and
handling a gun with the finger on trigger.:s0035:

I am VERY much against the online classes and do not believe it should be an option... I don't care what your experience level is. If you can't afford two days to go to an actual class taught by and actual certified instructor one time in your life you should not be given a CHL. I see way too many idiots at the range that have absolutely no clue about safety and should not own guns. They take a 30 min online class and now they have a concealealed carry license? These are the people that make ALL responsible gun owners look bad! These people are the biggest threat to my rights to own and carry a gun! These online CHL classes are a huge disservice to responsible gun owners!

I have taken the 2 day course not once but 3 times. First when I got my CHL 30 years ago, then when a friend wanted to get his, then when my gf wanted to get hers. I learned something EVERY time I took that class and the review was worth while and well worth the price of the class. I don't think everyone needs to take the live in person 2 day class three times but I think everyone should take it at least once before they are given a CHL!
I don't see in the "shall not be infringed" part of the 2A where a 2 day class is required.

My question is about CHL classes, do they count as a safety course? Can I do it online? Am I missing anything? Thank you in advance.
I just got mine, also from Washington County. I was surprised by the online course requirement, but it really was it.

Only downside was the wait time between the online course & application at the county office. I think it was about 3 months. Application appointment took only about 15 minutes & they handed me the license.

Edit: I agree with comments about the testing process being little easy. I've been shooting for while, but I can see someone not knowledgeable about guns or firearm safety getting their hands on the license quickly & be reckless with loaded firearms in public.

Last Edited:
I am VERY much against the online classes and do not believe it should be an option... I don't care what your experience level is. If you can't afford two days to go to an actual class taught by and actual certified instructor one time in your life you should not be given a CHL. I see way too many idiots at the range that have absolutely no clue about safety and should not own guns. They take a 30 min online class and now they have a concealealed carry license? These are the people that make ALL responsible gun owners look bad! These people are the biggest threat to my rights to own and carry a gun! These online CHL classes are a huge disservice to responsible gun owners!

I have taken the 2 day course not once but 3 times. First when I got my CHL 30 years ago, then when a friend wanted to get his, then when my gf wanted to get hers. I learned something EVERY time I took that class and the review was worth while and well worth the price of the class. I don't think everyone needs to take the live in person 2 day class three times but I think everyone should take it at least once before they are given a CHL!
Respectfully, not only no but h**l NO. Now is not the time to be gatekeeping and putting up barriers. Training should be encouraged, not required. 2 days of time off work could be a huge financial barrier to some folks, and if someone is not going to pay attention in an online class they aren't going to in an in-person either.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top