JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
According to OFF, when you have a CHL you do not lose your right to carry openly. I have a Bladetech paddle holster i carry my .45 in. Ive been told by a couple people recently, who also carry, that I cant carry my gun the way I do. They say since i hold a CHL I HAVE to keep it completly concealed all the time. When I wear a jacket or sweater you cant see it unless the jacket swings open or the sweater comes up. Does it really matter if its completly concealed or not? I can still carry openly. Whats the difference if its concealed or open depending on how I move?

There is no requirement for you to carry concealed just because you have a CHL. As a practical matter, there is not a whole lot of an advantage to your gun only being concealed partially or sometimes. If you want to carry concealed, why not find clothes and a holster that works for that purpose? :)

I have clothes and the holster, but if I bail down to the store or something like that, its quicker to just leave my house with what im carrying. Ive tried different ways of carrying but this is more practical to my situation. If im gonna be in public for any significant amount of time, thats when i wear clothes and a holster to compensate. I dont live in town, it takes me approx. 20-30 min to get to the closest store. Im at home most of the time so I have my gun on my side, in the open, and WAY quicker to draw. Thats why I carry the way I do. If im down in town and the wifle needs me to make a few more stops, where does that leave me?

I would be more inclined to take OFF's word for it than anyone elses. If they say it, it's true, and they'll back it in court! I doubt you'll get that kind of service anywhere else.

<broken link removed>

I would be more inclined to take OFF's word for it than anyone elses. If they say it, it's true, and they'll back it in court! I doubt you'll get that kind of service anywhere else.

<broken link removed>

I think it would depend on who said it on OFF. If it was one of the "higher ups" or OFF officials, then maybe I'd look into it. But if it's just people chatting who just happen to be members of OFF... not so much. Considering in the link I posted one of our members cited the pertaining laws, I would be more apt to believe that.

I think it would depend on who said it on OFF. If it was one of the "higher ups" or OFF officials, then maybe I'd look into it. But if it's just people chatting who just happen to be members of OFF... not so much. Considering in the link I posted one of our members cited the pertaining laws, I would be more apt to believe that.

I hope it's plane to see that I did not mean just any o'l member of OFF had my unfailing trust nor that just any member of OFF would back what they said with defending your rights. Maybe I should be more specific next time, but words can be misunderstood always no matter what i guess.

<broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top