JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think the essence lies in the meaning of "lawfully directed". I've done a little googling and didn't come up with much (reading jurisprudence in English is still challenging, but I'm getting more used to the style of language used :)), but I think we can safely assume that being verbally instructed by someone in charge falls under it. If a sign falls under it, I would expect that sign to have to comply with regulations describing size, symbols, text and location. As long as that's not the case, I think it'll take a mediocre freshman summer law school intern to push back on your ambitious ADA. ;)

A week ago or so I went to Ikea (the horror!), which has a sign with a traffic-style symbol (handgun, red circle around it, red diagonal line through handgun) and the text "weapon free zone", or something along those lines. Does it mean they don't want to take a handgun inside (what about my pocket knife?)? Or do they just want to say they don't have any weapons in the building?

They are actually saying all weapons are free! It is a sale sign, 1 free M/45 with every purchase of at least a dozen meatballs!

A week ago or so I went to Ikea (the horror!), which has a sign with a traffic-style symbol (handgun, red circle around it, red diagonal line through handgun) and the text "weapon free zone", or something along those lines. Does it mean they don't want to take a handgun inside (what about my pocket knife?)? Or do they just want to say they don't have any weapons in the building?
Means it's free killing zone for the criminals, just like school grounds!

Oh gee.....imagine my dilemma...whether to bring my firearm with me to the mall, or movie theater, thus providing myself and my loved ones protection against those intent on doing harm, or...kowtowing to a 21 yo assistant store managers idiotic demand that I disarm myself in order to fulfill someone ELSE'S political agenda or liberal dislike...what, oh what am I to do??? Just threaten my family, and the answer (times twenty, if you count the one in the chamber) will manifest itself!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top