JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I believe the state raised the prices, and the counties are just following the new bill, Jackson county has the same prices as Clackamas.

If you're so broke you can't afford $75 every few years, show me your budget and I'll show you where a couple dollars per month can be cut. Probably on alcohol, cigarettes, coffee or lottery tickets.

While I don't like it or agree that we should have to pay anything, it's not very expensive. Certainly not budget busting.

If you're so broke you can't afford $75 every few years, show me your budget and I'll show you where a couple dollars per month can be cut. Probably on alcohol, cigarettes, coffee or lottery tickets.

While I don't like it or agree that we should have to pay anything, it's not very expensive. Certainly not budget busting.
I think it is more the principle of having to pay anything to exercise a right, and less of "well most can afford to". The permission slip itself is infringement. Then comes a fee for the permission slip. Then the fee is raised... oh then only by appointment.......compounding infringements. I bet there is a price point that every one of us would call out as infringement.
I gave my son a few bucks around his birthday to cover just such a cost. Young, figuring out work and school, this cost is more of a concern to him and the like.
Besides, I thought Oregon was in the black financially, so why the poke in the eye?

Meanwhile, there are 25 other states free of charge or permission to exercise your 2A rights.
I wonder if this will serve as an example to the states currently not a part of this number and maybe influence them to 'follow the leader' which is so typical of liberal 'groupthink' mentality - even if the issue is not supported by dem/libs.

Its not that someones broke. Its the fact you have to pay for a right that has already been paid in blood. By saying this it tells me a lot about you.

Last Edited:
I think it is more the principle of having to pay anything to exercise a right, and less of "well most can afford to". The permission slip itself is infringement. Then comes a fee for the permission slip. Then the fee is raised... oh then only by appointment.......compounding infringements. I bet there is a price point that every one of us would call out as infringement.
I gave my son a few bucks around his birthday to cover just such a cost. Young, figuring out work and school, this cost is more of a concern to him and the like.
Besides, I thought Oregon was in the black financially, so why the poke in the eye?

this

Here's Washington county's fees for CHL...
Screenshot_20220406-132005.png

I wonder if this will serve as an example to the states currently not a part of this number and maybe influence them to 'follow the leader' which is so typical of liberal 'groupthink' mentality - even if the issue is not supported by dem/libs.
We can always hope. I'm pretty sure that Covid and the libtard crime wave have fanned those flames as well.

Anyone else see this price hike. Its like they dont want broke people to be able to carry.
My shoebox size POB that I've had for 25 years doubled in cost in one go last renewal. From $80 to $160/6 months.
Thanks, Brandon!

Courtesy of SB 554:
(5)(a) Fees for concealed handgun licenses are:
(A) $15 to the Department of State Police for conducting the fingerprint check of the applicant.
(B) [$50] $100 to the sheriff for the initial issuance [or renewal] of a concealed handgun license.
(C) $75 to the sheriff for the renewal of a concealed handgun license. [(C)] (D) $15 to the sheriff for the duplication of a license because of loss or change of address.

A good number of folks we work with at the ranges are retired and on fixed incomes. It's $75 to $115 more than they need to be spending. I think we all agree that we should not need to pay anything for this. To me, they shouldn't have to choose paying for a CHL over a decent bottle of single malt from the highlands if that is their pleasure. Or eating a better cut of meat...etc.

Courtesy of SB 554:
(5)(a) Fees for concealed handgun licenses are:
(A) $15 to the Department of State Police for conducting the fingerprint check of the applicant.
(B) [$50] $100 to the sheriff for the initial issuance [or renewal] of a concealed handgun license.
(C) $75 to the sheriff for the renewal of a concealed handgun license. [(C)] (D) $15 to the sheriff for the duplication of a license because of loss or change of address.

A good number of folks we work with at the ranges are retired and on fixed incomes. It's $75 to $115 more than they need to be spending. I think we all agree that we should not need to pay anything for this. To me, they shouldn't have to choose paying for a CHL over a decent bottle of single malt from the highlands if that is their pleasure. Or eating a better cut of meat...etc.
Shouldn't, though in this state they do need to make that choice.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top