JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So I finally got my chl and Ive known some friends who have had them in the past. They weren't really firearm guys just kinda wanted a gun for self defense, and took everything the class instructor told them as fact.

Are the sunglasses on the hat this month's style? Or was it last months?
Or is the hat supposed to be backwards, with the sunglasses on it?
If the hat is backwards, which way do you wear the sunglasses on the hat? Front or back?

Excuse me for venting, but I see it at flea markets and gun shows all the time, now: A whole generation that doesn't know what it wants to look like (to include weird tattoos on weird parts of their bodies, along with earrings in their faces), from month-to-month.

And people wonder why I'm a Survivalist. We're just not going to make it.

Last Edited:
If the hat is backwards, which way do you wear the sunglasses on the hat? Front or back?

Excuse me for venting, but I see it at flea markets and gun shows all the time, now: A whole generation that doesn't know what it wants to look like (to include weird tattoos on weird parts of their bodies, along with earrings in their faces), from month-to-month.

Ever watch "Failsafe" the movie? Near the end, Walter Matthau asks the question of who would survive a nuclear war: people living in concrete structures like convicts and file clerks.... catastrophic events seldom improve the herd through survival of the fittest, but they do change the genetic line. So who are you betting on, the convicts, the file clerks, the survivalists, or the reavers? The world doesn't miss dinosaurs, I doubt it will care when we go.

AHHAHA yeah I would take offense if I was one of those people you describe who goes to gun shoes or shows off at the range. Im just a disabled veteran who loves my country and those Oakleys have been with me since I joined. Im also 26 so Im not an old fudd driving around with an infidel sticker on my car. regardless of the amount of tattoos I have I dont see how that would inhibit my survival instincts but I guess you should probably stay out in the woods surviving instead of getting on a computer if you cant even have the common decency to profile someone correctly. Also talking smack on a message board with 12 cases of MRE's, a tent in your basement and a benchmade on your hip doesnt make you a survivalist regardless of how bare skinned and hatless you may be.

so easy to survive 2017, anyone can do it with 12 easy payments of 24.99$

Glad you could contribute to this thread and stay on topic though. No wonder were F'ed.

Wow! 50 posts and fewer "likes" and you jump all over somebody for not living up to your lofty standards. My advice would be get a life, and you might try getting that life somewhere else.

I heard two rumors that I have done a small amount of searching the web for answers to but still haven't figured out the exact answers. Anyone know these?
-When driving, having a CHL gives the authorities the right to search your vehicle without cause.
-When driving, having a CHL does not allow you to have anything above a 0.0 BAC. I know drinks and guns don't mix but lets say you are returning from a restaurant after having one beer, would this really be considered against the law?

Thanks

Be advised that while the OFF book is very good, it is not perfect. Lots of black areas. Lots of grey areas. Particularly in the area of NFA firearms or machine guns. Also on current Federal law orientated to Oregon Carry laws especially when carrying temporarily in neighboring States and just passing through. Be advised. Respectfully.

The search issue is wrong, for now. The Dems are pushing a bill to change that so that you can be searched at any time. There isn't anything in the Oregon code about impairment. There are several states that have severe alcoholic problems that do make it illegal to be in a bar with a firearm.

Sign up for OFF alerts and become familiar with pending gun control legislation, This session is getting close to the short strokes and we will get clobbered by the gun control libs if we don't take some action.

A couple of my favorites came from state patrol on traffic stops over the years.
-No such thing as a non-resident carry permit. (He was stumped and had to call a senior trooper)
-Your permit doesn't cover the car just your person. (If backup had not known the law I would have taken a ride that day)
-You have to inform LEO about legally carrying regardless of them asking. (OR and WA you don't unless asked)
-Your permit isn't a license to speed.:p (Really nice trooper let me be for VBR when running along with traffic)

The CHL instructor I took my class from was spreading some of these rumors - had I not been researching stuff on my own, I would've believed him. He was still spewing crap like

"If you have a CHL, you can never open carry or you loose your permit" - patently false.

"You can't carry into a school or onto school grounds" - patently false

The guy was a good ol' boy type - and was an dealer in machine guns (quite the collection on his walls, but not "priced to sell" unless you were Phil Knight rich) but man was he wrong on some stuff.

There was a time when gun laws made sense and everyone understood what you could and couldn't do.

Now they pass whatever they can get away with at the time, no logic involved, just hate. No one can possibly know them all.

watermerc: ...Contact Oregon Federation Of Firearms. OFF. They have the specific court rulings in Oregon. My communication with OFF indicated the Courts in Oregon have ruled that if a person has a CCL in Oregon any peace officer who suspects you are carrying because he knows you have a CCL still does not have PC to ask if you are carrying a concealed weapon. What I understood.

Edited: critical wrong words.

Last Edited:
The CHL instructor I took my class from was spreading some of these rumors - had I not been researching stuff on my own, I would've believed him. He was still spewing crap like

"If you have a CHL, you can never open carry or you loose your permit" - patently false.

"You can't carry into a school or onto school grounds" - patently false

The guy was a good ol' boy type - and was an dealer in machine guns (quite the collection on his walls, but not "priced to sell" unless you were Phil Knight rich) but man was he wrong on some stuff.
And must be from some place like California.

#1 on the list of questions would be correct in California and some other states--no show if concealed carry. Otherwise, the CHL give wide latitude. Can use force for protection of others and, I am pretty sure (would reread codes before trying) in prevention of a felony. No go zones are Federal property, including as noted above, the post office parking lot and Social Security office (I got stopped for pepper spray), and courts.

wetermerc: please provide some contact information for that Federal Court ruling. Was it Federal District Court? Was it the Federal Court of Appeals? Are We in a different Federal jurisdiction? If so, then moot? Dunno.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top