JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recieved this letter today.In a nutshell the clackamas co sheriff and some legal councel think they have a way to keep our chl file and our personal information private.Anybody with a clackamas CHL should go to the Clackamas co.Sheriffs website and read the letter...download the form...fill it out and send it in as soon as possable.Here is the link...
<broken link removed>
This seems to be good news...Robin

I filled out a similar form (for the same reasons) for Washington Co. The last newsletter I received stated 7000+ of the ~10000 Washington Co. CHL holders had returned their forms.

It says get it in by the 12th... I don't have my CHL number yet as I have not yet received it in the mail(Got all my paperwork filled out and turned in dec 16th)

It says get it in by the 12th... I don't have my CHL number yet as I have not yet received it in the mail(Got all my paperwork filled out and turned in dec 16th)

That may bring up a good point. What is gonna happen going forward for those of us that don't have a CHL yet and want one? Will we not get the choice in weather our info will be public or not?

That may bring up a good point. What is gonna happen going forward for those of us that don't have a CHL yet and want one? Will we not get the choice in weather our info will be public or not?

If I'm not mistaken, the Washington Co. application has the same questionaire on it. I'm not sure about other county applications.

If I'm not mistaken, the Washington Co. application has the same questionaire on it. I'm not sure about other county applications.

My wife renewed in Yamhill County a couple of weeks ago. The
form to keep info private was a part of the renew paperwork.

Whether it's a one time thing or has to be filled out at future
renewals I don't know.

While filling out paperwork for WA County, they informed me that the new forms have the option to make your information public or not. So you can choose to keep it private.

I got my letter Saturday the 10th. There was no way I could mail it in but luckily I live just blocks from the Multnomah sheriff's office so I just ran it over. A friend of mine took his by yesterday and said quite a few folks were there, mostly pretty upset. Apparently they were being told a meeting would be held Tuesday to address their concerns but given no other details. Supposedly this turned out to be a briefing open only to reporters and I havn't heard any media attention yet.

I live in clackamas county,my letter from sheriff Craig Roberts states that he intends to work with fellow sheriffs for passage of legislation that would exempet CHL files from public disclosure. He also states that it is his belief that CHL files should be private and not disclosed. Don't know about multnomah or washington county, but wouldn't count on the liberal press to help us much. Swoop

As far as I can see...If they release my chl info it would be the same as revealing that I am carrying.If everyone knows Im carrying then it no longer is concealed.So...they might just as well give up the concealed permit thing and just asume Im am armed at all times....

As far as I can see...If they release my chl info it would be the same as revealing that I am carrying.If everyone knows Im carrying then it no longer is concealed.So...they might just as well give up the concealed permit thing and just asume Im am armed at all times....

I'm with ya on that,but you need the CHL to carry, and the bad guy won't know you are packing concealed. Swoop

The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office had me fill out a non-disclosure form when I went in to renew a few weeks ago. They also mailed a form to my wife to fill out and return, and when she phoned them they recomended that she DRIVE IT OVER TO THEM! their fax and e-mail systems have been flooded with returns, and they are afraid that if you try to submit the form in that manner, your reply might not get through. Also, remember that the spot provided on the CWP form for your Social Security number is VOLUNTARY! Don't provide it. You will be much safer from identity theft, should your info be made public.

If you missed it in the news, the Multnomah Sheriff's office has extended the "deadline" for receipt of the non-disclosure letter to the end of January. There was a "clerical error" that delayed sending out the forms until the last weekend before the old deadline. They were flooded with ornery walk-ins so badly that the local news programs featured the issue, with good coverage for us! So the deadline is extended---if you gave up, it is not too late!.....................elsullo :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top