JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why not just outlaw studded snow tires? That would drastically increase the life of our infrastructure.

Brb driving around Portland suburbs in April and hear full size 4x4 suvs with studded snow tires :mad:

Why not just outlaw studded snow tires? That would drastically increase the life of our infrastructure.

Brb driving around Portland suburbs in April and hear full size 4x4 suvs with studded snow tires :mad:

AMEN to that. get rid of the dang things. Coming from Minnesota, They are illegal there. And it gets to -30 degrees. The pitting that the ice studs do to the road, actually makes the roads worse. So when there is moisture or light rain, and then in the winter the 6 hours in early morning when IT MIGHT get below Zero, all of those holes are frozen, creating and nice, shiny, icy surface. In the Midwest, the roads are perfectly flat, any ice that grows on it, cannot adhere to the surface long enough to last. And that is not including using Salt. Smooth roads are better. BAN STUDDED TIRES AND THE DRIVERS WHO THINK THEY NEED THEM, YET NEVER LEAVE THE PORTLAND SUBERBS.

I for one would rather be able to have a separate bike path from the road/parking spots and separate from the sidewalk... I can't trust the lot of drivers in Portland or Salem for that matter; when I ride my bicycle... and most places, not allowed on sidewalks because of the pedestrians.

(as opposed to bike lanes between parked cars and the roadway)

Then figure out how to get Bicycle riders to pay for it. You have sure gotten your share of the gas tax for long enough.

Am old very flawed study suggests that the state spends approx. 11 million a year on damage caused by studs.

Oregon is spending about 350 million to straighten 5.5 miles of Hwy 34 near Eddyville

Pretty good reviews on this one

gps_jammer__48411_std.jpg
Vehicle Protection

Last edited by a moderator:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class