JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I heard the feds are looking into this, and didn't like the sound of it much, then did a little searching and found that Oregon is pushing the hardest to test (with the largest pilot program in the nation) and possibly implement "mileage and/or GPS tracking devices" in cars as an alternative to gas taxes (since road needs repairs and higher mileage/electric cars are resulting in less revenue being generated via gas tax). Interesting reading:

Oregon launching new program to tax drivers per mile | Fox News

<broken link removed>

A black box in your car? Some see a source of tax revenue - latimes.com

» Feds planning black box vehicle mandate to track, tax and even remotely control all personal vehicles Alex Jones&#039; Infowars: There&#039;s a war on for your mind!

This is just typical liberal policies. Let get everyone driving go karts with better mileage its for the planet and reduction of fossil fuels (talking points) then the kool aid drinkers do it then Now we have to pay for the roads because no revenue from reduced fuel sales raise taxes create new ways to have big brother watching increase costs. Results drive a less safe, cramped no room, no tow vehicle made out of recycled beer cans and pay more you think they will reduce the fuel tax. The gov never gets rid of anything even when they say we will just do a temporary sales tax and monitor the results before you know it it perimant and in the mileage and fuel tax both will be shoved up the Americans butt as its for the children.

you know what's more fair? put up tolls on the state highways for motor vehicles. as for city roads/county roads..leave those alone...or put them as part of the property tax packages....

yeah yeah yeah, no one is gonna vote for adding toll roads...that is clearly obvious ;)

I highly doubt with all the extra cars people have...that mileage tax thing with the black boxes will ever get mainstreamed, unless the entire state of Oregon implements DEQ testing like Portland does...

I got a better idea STOP WASTING GAS TAX MONEY ON STUPID CHOO CHOO TRAINS AND BICYCLE PATHS....and there will be plenty enough money to have people like me pave the roads and build new ones.

Who really cares how many miles you drive? If you drive a lot of miles, you're probably doing something for work thus adding to the states economy when you buy gas, beef jerky or Red Bulls on the long drive.
All this is a ploy staged by liberals to force regular people to ride the crime infested MAX trains when we go to Portland or buy an idiotic electric car. Again, the liberal morons who have completely screwed up the biggest city in Oregon wants to make policy for the entire state.
I'll stick with my 1-Ton Dodge Cummins Turbo Diesel thank you very much.

BICYCLE PATHS....

I for one would rather be able to have a separate bike path from the road/parking spots and separate from the sidewalk... I can't trust the lot of drivers in Portland or Salem for that matter; when I ride my bicycle... and most places, not allowed on sidewalks because of the pedestrians.

(as opposed to bike lanes between parked cars and the roadway)

now; if they made it mandatory to license a bicycle and register it as a road vehicle...then that could provide more money to put towards maintaining/making bike paths. This would make it far more easier to track stolen bicycles.....which..last I recall... Portland is 2nd in the nation, behind NYC in numbers of stolen bicycles?

What I want to know is will the State of Oregon tax me on miles driven in Washington or Idaho or anywhere else outside the state I travel? or will the Tax stop at the border.

And what are they going to do about my 1948 Willys Jeep with the 6volt battery and the closest thing to an electronic anything being a coil and a set of points.

And who's paying for these fancy little boxes? At work we just put this type of GPS tracking system in 5 of our trucks and it cost $1200.00 per truck Granted the guys can also do an electronic pretrip/posttrip inspection with the unit.

What I want to know is will the State of Oregon tax me on miles driven in Washington or Idaho or anywhere else outside the state I travel? or will the Tax stop at the border.

And what are they going to do about my 1948 Willys Jeep with the 6volt battery and the closest thing to an electronic anything being a coil and a set of points.

And who's paying for these fancy little boxes?

If the liberal idiots have their way, the hood on your Jeep will probably be converted to a solar panel.....

News Flash.....

if the state of Oregon needs more money in taxes, why doesn't Gov. Kitzbozo ensure all the illegals he's giving drivers licenses to are signed up with the state so they can pay.....how does Obama put it? Their "fair ( or fare?) share" in state income tax like the rest of us? ....

Problem solved.

And who's paying for these fancy little boxes? At work we just put this type of GPS tracking system in 5 of our trucks and it cost $1200.00 per truck Granted the guys can also do an electronic pretrip/posttrip inspection with the unit.

The most advanced vehicle I have has HEI and that is pretty damn fancy as far as I'm concerned.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top