JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Do you apply for a bighorn sheep tag

• Yes every year

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Some years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never again I've already drawn the tag

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it's a waste of money

Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No offence to anyone that hunts. I admire the hell out of hunters. Ethical hunters anyway. It all comes down to me too lazy to be a hunter. Takes to much work for this guy. I would have loved to go with the hunters, and stay in camp! You guys to do all that hard work. I'd sit comfy in camp, keep the fire going and prep the meals. I was one of those crazy fishermen. Might sill be if the costs didn't go so high, and stocks drop so low. Fishermen have their own crazy. I did most of that since I was a little boy.
I hope you end up drawing something good. Just come back and tell the story of success, or lack of. :s0155:
I'm like that about fish too Mike😄. Hell yeah I bet you'd be a fun dude to have at camp or on the beach fishn.

I'm like that about fish too Mike😄. Hell yeah I bet you'd be a fun dude to have at camp or on the beach fishn.
I think I used to be pretty fun. Between aging, the rona and seeing a once far-out city turn to crap, I'm pretty jaded these days.

The minions wait an entire lifetime and may never get this hunting opportunity, but Oregon decides to sell tags to the highest bidder for $345,000.
That's the most elitist government program I've ever seen, and in a supposedly "progressive" state.
Does their hypocrisy have any limits?
Is this a trick question?

So the hypocrisy is lost on you?
No its not lost on me, and it would not bother me if they did away with them and raised tag prices slightly to cover the lost revenue, i just dont really think its such a travesty since they also provide sheep and goat tags to the public and are affordable for residents at least. I was just pointing out that if you are from WA, that they do the exact same thing and seattle is no less progressive than portland and they seem to be in a race to total destruction of society lol. Oregon is no montana or wyoming for sure, but its got better hunting opportunities and gun laws than WA and CA for the most part in my opinion

I have not seen the "duke death" I'll take your word on it and not watch. Yeah it's probably gonna be some douche that they carry around that spent the 345k.
Please dont they dont deserve the clicks. Opening scene is a pan of the guys expensive ostritch skin boots, not off to a good start lol.. skip to the "hunt" him and guides rush the shot at 400ish yards, shoots it in the back ham while its moving and quartering to, then completely misses twice and runs out of ammo. The guides rip the rifle out of the blue collar dudes hands that actually drew a tag(sheep mountain outfitters is the only ones with rights to this unit so he was forced to use them or go DIY for his once in a lifetime hunt) and gives his rifle to rich dude. Then he misses again, sheep continues running away, then he shoots it once again while its on the move right up the butt from behind and due to the amount of editing we are left to believe that was the final shot.

Then at the end they have the audacity to breeze right over all the piss poor shooting sequence and say things like "wow so glad i had this precision rifle" and "well we always knew it was gonna be a gunfight"

I guess they also edited out the part where the ram shot back at them. It was the main promotional video at the 2020 idaho sheep foundation banquet the following year. Amazing ram no doubt, idk if they should be proud of anything besides the fact that they miraculously recovered it tho 🙄

Kryptek sponsored it and released it on youtube, made me wanna throw out my kryptek seat covers since thats all i own from them and it will be the last thing i buy with kryptek on it, i can promise you that. The CEO came on rokslide attempting to defend it but gave the dumbest excuses

Please dont they dont deserve the clicks. Opening scene is a pan of the guys expensive ostritch skin boots, not off to a good start lol.. skip to the "hunt" him and guides rush the shot at 400ish yards, shoots it in the back ham while its moving and quartering to, then completely misses twice and runs out of ammo. The guides rip the rifle out of the blue collar dudes hands that actually drew a tag(sheep mountain outfitters is the only ones with rights to this unit so he was forced to use them or go DIY for his once in a lifetime hunt) and gives his rifle to rich dude. Then he misses again, sheep continues running away, then he shoots it once again while its on the move right up the butt from behind and due to the amount of editing we are left to believe that was the final shot.

Then at the end they have the audacity to breeze right over all the piss poor shooting sequence and say things like "wow so glad i had this precision rifle" and "well we always knew it was gonna be a gunfight"

I guess they also edited out the part where the ram shot back at them. It was the main promotional video at the 2020 idaho sheep foundation banquet the following year. Amazing ram no doubt, idk if they should be proud of anything besides the fact that they miraculously recovered it tho 🙄

Kryptek sponsored it and released it on youtube, made me wanna throw out my kryptek seat covers since thats all i own from them and it will be the last thing i buy with kryptek on it, i can promise you that. The CEO came on rokslide attempting to defend it but gave the dumbest excuses
Yeah that sounds worse than I thought actually jeez.

At the end of the day, if a millionaire's accountant calls them up and tells them they better donate X amount of money to a non profit otherwise they will have to pay it in taxes, and they hunt and chose to pay for one of these governor's tags through their "donation" its fine by me. I just want them to hunt ethically, and i certainly dont want them lobbying for more of these tags than are already out there. Which is exactly what the guy doug sayer from the duke video tried to do in idaho, to the point of asking his buddy the governor remove wildlife 2 commissioners who opposed his idea to replace them with people more receptive to his proposal, which in the turn the governor actually did! They thankfully forced doug out of his position on the idaho wild sheep foundations board after the emails got released via a FOIA request. This guy is not good for hunting i dont care how much money he puts into conservation

How come you feel like that? I don't get disappointed and throw a fit if i don't draw a sheep tag, i dont expect to win and the money goes towards conservation. Its only 8 bucks per application. I seem to draw at least one tag per year because i dont always aim for the stars so to speak. When i dont draw i just do over the counter hunts since oregon is an opportunity state. Now if i was a non resident there is absolutely no way i would be putting in for oregon since there is only a couple goat/sheep hunts they can even apply for, and for all other tags they only give up to 5% to nonresidents so the odds are terrible and the prices for tags and license are 10x
The money goes towards the PERS accounts of government workers…..

Got any proof? Thats a disgrace if its true.. This is what they claim in the koin 6 article this whole thread is about:

"100% of the proceeds received from the special auction team will go toward bighorn sheep management"
This may be true, but Stomper's point may also be true. In other words, 100% of the proceeds can go to bighorn sheep management, but that doesn't mean they aren't diverting the equivalent amount in that same account through the back door to fund some other pet program that Brown the Clown needs money for.

This may be true, but Stomper's point may also be true. In other words, 100% of the proceeds can go to bighorn sheep management, but that doesn't mean they aren't diverting the equivalent amount in that same account through the back door to fund some other pet program that Brown the Clown needs money for.
Im not too naive to believe that corruption isnt a huge problem in any government, but my understanding is that the money from stuff like this is monitored and spent in conjunction with with non profits doing projects for the sheep. If he has any proof what so ever i would appreciate it. I would try to get someone to audit that spending somehow if he provides something

Im looking through their spending and funding report and im doing my best, yet im probably entirely too dumb to make sense of it haha. Hopefully that was just a wild theory with no proof

I already don't drink woka-cola, stopped watching proffesion football baseball basketball, don't go to certain stores, won't watch certain actors, I'm sure the money is mismanaged just like our licences and fees but I can't fix everything and fight every fight. Especially if I don't know for sure. Lars Larson was talking about this subject of auction and believed it to be legit so I'm ok with it the guys usually right on. But I hear ya if you feel that strongly about it I respect your decisions sometime making a stand sucks.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top