JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
You r correct. Lots of stupid people up there; you can see how well the state policy and governance outcomes are working and the quality of life in the big cities.
What I'm wondering mostly is, why the hell did there need to be a law for this, a voter approved law. If you don't want a gun just don't buy one, it's that simple.

What I'm wondering mostly is, why the hell did there need to be a law for this, a voter approved law. If you don't want a gun just don't buy one, it's that simple.
The leftist totalitarian mentality: I don't like your opinion, therefore you should be censored. I don't like guns, therefore you shouldn't be allowed to purchase them. Exercising my rights conflicts with exercising your rights, therefore your rights should be denied. Rules for thee but not for me. It is a completely illogical world view which is why they will never listen to logical debate.

We need to pressure the legislature to ensure there's no exceptions to these rules/laws. We must hold the other sides feet to the fire on this one. And none of this "always on duty". When the shift is over, drop the standard capacity mags and insert the 10 rounders, we're all equals at that point…

Except for gang bangers, they're above the law…

And none of this "always on duty". When the shift is over, drop the standard capacity mags and insert the 10 rounders, we're all equals at that point…
Given that police are there to deal with the same criminals that target civilians, they should not be allowed any different arms than civilians are allowed.

If they don't need then off-duty, than they don't need them on-duty for any weapons.
Forcing this is the only way to get the state to give up on doing a mag ban. This might sound harsh but it's not, the moment they claim that LE can't do their job of protecting people without them. That will likely be the death of the ban as the same can be said of the public.

We need to pressure the legislature to ensure there's no exceptions to these rules/laws. We must hold the other sides feet to the fire on this one. And none of this "always on duty". When the shift is over, drop the standard capacity mags and insert the 10 rounders, we're all equals at that point…

Except for gang bangers, they're above the law…
Unfortunately in the current two-tier justice system we aren't equal. The law will never be applied to those enforcing it. Or some activist judge will legislate from the bench and carve out exemptions.

We should hold their feet to the fire, but I don't think they care what we think anymore. And I know the aren't scared of losing votes anymore. With media carrying water for them, bad press is no longer a deterrent either. That doesn't leave a lot of polite ways to hold them accountable.

After listening to the hearing today, the only objection the judge had to the permitting process was the fact that it wasn't anywhere near ready for implementation.
If it were to be made law before it was ready, it would cause "irreparable harm" to Oregonians' trying to exercise their constitutional rights (legally acquire a firearm).
The TRO remains in effect (for sections 1-10 of BM114) until the state can prove to the judge that it's 100% ready to go. This could take months.

The hearing in 10 days (Dec 23) is to address the possible removal from the TRO the 3-day release option for FFL's when a customer's BGC has been open for 72hrs+ with no decision. This is sections 6-9 of BM114.
The state attorneys filed late yesterday (after 5pm on Mon, 12/12) a request to have sections 6-9 of BM114 considered separate from the permitting portion of hearing/TRO's impact. Judge wasn't very impressed with the late nature of the request. He did grant them a hearing on Dec 23 to address sections 6-9.

Judge will issue an opinion letter this week regarding the magazine ban (section 11), no later than noon on Fri, Dec 16.

I was disappointed that there was little pushback (no discussion) on the constitutionality of the permitting process in general.
Also, never was it mentioned/challenged that BM114 creates a searchable database (possibly public??) gun registry.
These two points are very important IMO, but were never so much as mentioned??
I guess the judge is waiting to see exactly what the permitting process looks like before he dives into these topics.

Last Edited:
So the Oregon Judge has granted an additional 10 day pause on 114. While this is nice, it's not a good sign for killing this thing.
This could be read a couple different ways! I'm not so ready to throw in the towel just yet!, It could be, the Judge is waiting to see how messed up the "System" is, what ever the state comes up with, or, he is waiting to rub the states face in this mess once they come out with their system! Or, he could let things go into effect, knowing that the system is broken right at the start, hoping the fed cases take over and shut this all down! It's risky, but that's my thoughts on this! It could be, he is giving the State a chance to screw themselves with an unworkable system that is completely against the states constitution, which would end things right then and there! We won't know until we know!

This could be read a couple different ways! I'm not so ready to throw in the towel just yet!, It could be, the Judge is waiting to see how messed up the "System" is, what ever the state comes up with, or, he is waiting to rub the states face in this mess once they come out with their system! Or, he could let things go into effect, knowing that the system is broken right at the start, hoping the fed cases take over and shut this all down! It's risky, but that's my thoughts on this! It could be, he is giving the State a chance to screw themselves with an unworkable system that is completely against the states constitution, which would end things right then and there! We won't know until we know!
Don't get me wrong, I'm hoping that this 114 crap dies and that we can finally bury it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm hoping that this 114 crap dies and that we can finally bury it.
For what it's worth, I'm not hopeful this will work to our benefit, at least not in the short time we have with it before a Judge! I was hoping the Lawyers would have done more, made more points, had more info to argue, but we get what we get!

I believe yesterdays decision also made the Sportsman's Warehouse request for injunction complaint moot. Theirs was about loss of revenue from not having the permit system ready yet requiring a permit.

Anyone know the status of the Eyre/NSSF (NRA) case? Is it on hold because the judge is making decisions on the OFF & FPC cases?

1671056998635.png

Think mag sales are a go again at PSA according to this.

Edit,

Ok or maybe not, I keep getting this stupid error which is completely contradictory to the above image statement. W T F
1671058118747.png

I've sent an email asking for clarifications on this and have been given a number so hopefully I will hear back. Until then they need to reword this otherwise its pretty blatant false advertising to claim you'll ship magazines with priority but then when I confirm my address you cock block me with the above message.

Last Edited:
View attachment 1330261

Think mag sales are a go again at PSA according to this.

Edit,

Ok or maybe not, I keep getting this stupid error which is completely contradictory to the above image statement. W T F
View attachment 1330298

I've sent an email asking for clarifications on this and have been given a number so hopefully I will hear back. Until then they need to reword this otherwise its pretty blatant false advertising to claim you'll ship magazines with priority but then when I confirm my address you cock block me with the above message.
I think it's likely that someone forgot to update their site to allow it, which is why it doesn't show a reason for the denial of sale. You could call and likely place the order if you wanted.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads