JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Looks like she issued a 30 day stay on the permit requirement, but upheld everything else :(

They get hung up on one aspect of mass shootings but it's never the goon that commits it. So many fallacies under the 10 round idea brought by people with no understanding of guns.

At the pace OSP has been processing BGC's and with the likely continued rush of CHL holders buying guns, even with an extra 30 days, it's not looking good for many non-CHL holders in the queue.
Very sad day for Oregon and the constitution.

Even at the ~600 a day they were doing it's about 60 days of waiting for whoever gets put at the end of the queue. At the ~50 a day they are doing now it's about 700 days wait time.

I just got an email from OFF, but no link to an actual story:

MOTION DENIED
Early this morning we were notified that Judge Karin Immergut has denied our motion to delay the implementation of Ballot Measure 114.

She did agree with the state's request to delay the permitting process for 30 days. A process the state assured the court will be ready by Thursday.

That will provide no protection for anyone who currently owns a standard capacity magazine or anyone who owns a common shotgun which will now be contraband.

It also does nothing for anyone waiting to take possession of a firearm they paid for but have not received, if that gun comes with a standard magazine.

Furthermore, come Thursday even security guards and off duty police will be breaking the law if they are in possession of a standard magazine.

This is a lengthy (and obviously disappointing) decision and we will have more information soon. But for now, unless something really unexpected happens, understand that your rights will be, once again, seriously eroded starting Thursday.

MOTION DENIED​

Early this morning we were notified that Judge Karin Immergut has denied our motion to delay the implementation of Ballot Measure 114.

She did agree with the state's request to delay the permitting process for 30 days. A process the state assured the court will be ready by Thursday.

That will provide no protection for anyone who currently owns a standard capacity magazine or anyone who owns a common shotgun which will now be contraband.

It also does nothing for anyone waiting to take possession of a firearm they paid for but have not received, if that gun comes with a standard magazine.

Furthermore, come Thursday even security guards and off duty police will be breaking the law if they are in possession of a standard magazine.

This is a lengthy (and obviously disappointing) decision and we will have more information soon. But for now, unless something really unexpected happens, understand that your rights will be, once again, seriously eroded starting Thursday.
Translation. Our inept lawyer fumbled and couldn't articulate how magazines are in " common use" I launched a poorly executed assault and Judge Immergut denied our request for a TRO. I wanted to be first to lay claim with a lawsuit. Now were SOL.

MOTION DENIED​

The issue of magazines here reads differently than previously stated ownership of standard mags on Dec, 8th.

Translation. Our inept lawyer fumbled and couldn't articulate how magazines are in " common use" I launched a poorly executed assault and Judge Immergut denied our request for a TRO. I wanted to be first to lay claim with a lawsuit. Now were SOL.
Inept lawyer not withstanding, it was a forgone conclusion.

Jack

My only scramble was for the Grandkids. We don't have any yet, but better safe than sorry.

My last 2 lowers that I ordered before Thanksgiving are showing "In town" by UPS, but not "Out for Delivery" yet.
Yes, I'm in the same boat. I might have what I need for now. But what about my kids. What if they want to get into shooting sports? Low capacity mags aren't going to do so well.

I still cant believe the OreGun State Supreme Court is actually Following the Damn Law, and our Constitution, along with Bruen now, Holy Sh!t Batman, is the sky falling, or the tides turning, the Oregon Supremes NEVER EVER follow the law, they ONLY ever rule from the bench, especially with K8 at the helm!
And Harney County of all places, I never would have expected this from Way the Hell out there in No mans Land, maybe they are trying to improve their image after what's been going on in that part of the state since before we were even a State! I'm gonna have an adult beverage now, Holy bubblegum!

They did not make a friend in that court room, I'm pretty sure that judge is going to rail on the AG. He basically called the judge an idiot and incompetent, not to mention they went over his head and failed, beautifully I might add, instead of just filing an appeal. I'm betting the AG is thinking the Federal Judge has more authority on this matter than the State Judge, which of course sucks for him cause that's not the case here. For this 114 BS, a State Judge has more power and say than a Federal Judge does.

I still cant believe the OreGun State Supreme Court is actually Following the Damn Law, and our Constitution, along with Bruen now, Holy Sh!t Batman, is the sky falling, or the tides turning, the Oregon Supremes NEVER EVER follow the law, they ONLY ever rule from the bench, especially with K8 at the helm!
And Harney County of all places, I never would have expected this from Way the Hell out there in No mans Land, maybe they are trying to improve their image after what's been going on in that part of the state since before we were even a State! I'm gonna have an adult beverage now, Holy bubblegum!
DON'T JINX IT!!!

I still cant believe the OreGun State Supreme Court is actually Following the Damn Law
my laymans guess is the last thing they want is this to go to SCOTUS, the law is so poorly written even from an anti-gun perspective. The law basically ended gun sales (tomorrow) in a state that has a RTBA in its own constitution.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads