JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
See my other thread. Video available.

While capital punishment is law in oregon she was part of a group forcing a moratorium on executions.

Protestors in 2011 took over a usps office. She dropped all federal tresspassing charges.

Closest i could find about her relationship with rev knutson who authored 114 is they donate to the same causes. Will check on her relationship to the rabbi on 114.
Thanks - found that thread a minute ago, https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/judge-immergut-on-guns.433212/

Well, my morning and early afternoon has been good. Got a bunch of the "high cap"(lol) mags I've been looking for. Also got a guy from the Oregonian kicked out of Sportsman's today, not sure which made me happier.

Well I picked up some 9mm and 40S&W mags for S&W 9/40 and for my CZ P-09. 15, 17 and 20rd mags. Tell you where to get them if you want.

As for the Oregonian guy, he was going around asking what people thought about 114 and the current court case trying to stop it while they were waiting for the gun counter. What I found funny was that he was searching for someone that would tell him what he wants to hear and not someone pro 2A. How I know this you might ask? well let me tell you. I know this because he was avoiding anyone who seemed pro 2A including me. This was likely because I was open carrying and have been since mid November, I must have scared his little mind.

Though I did find it funny the 2 older guys that he tried talking to, one told him to shove off and go pound sand. The other one told him to go fu*k himself and to fu*k off, not sure which response I liked better.

Well I picked up some 9mm and 40S&W mags for S&W 9/40 and for my CZ P-09. 15, 17 and 20rd mags. Tell you where to get them if you want.

As for the Oregonian guy, he was going around asking what people thought about 114 and the current court case trying to stop it while they were waiting for the gun counter. What I found funny was that he was searching for someone that would tell him what he wants to hear and not someone pro 2A. How I know this you might ask? well let me tell you. I know this because he was avoiding anyone who seemed pro 2A including me. This was likely because I was open carrying and have been since mid November, I must have scared his little mind.

Though I did find it funny the 2 older guys that he tried talking to, one told him to shove off and go pound sand. The other one told him to go fu*k himself and to fu*k off, not sure which response I liked better.
Did you happen to catch his name?

So, we can expect this "professional objective journalist" to report the facts of what he experienced.

Don't worry, won't be holdin' my breath ....

Got this at 10:11pm Sunday night:

10.04 PM 12.04.2022

The following is the text from a press release just sent out by the Oregon Attorney General:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
December 4, 2022
State Will Ask for Postponement of Permit Requirement for Gun Purchases​

SALEM, OREGON—The Oregon Department of Justice (DOJ) informed U.S. District Judge Karin Immergut today that the state will seek a postponement of some of the provisions in Oregon Ballot Measure 114 that require a permit to purchase a firearm. Measure 114 passed on a majority vote of the people of Oregon in November's general election. The decision to make this request was made only after local law enforcement clarified that they would not be able to process permit applications as soon December 8, when Measure 114 takes effect.

DOJ's letter explained that other parts of the measure should take effect as scheduled, including the process for applying for permits, the restrictions on large capacity magazines, and the requirement that background checks must be completed – and not just requested – before firearms can be transferred (this fixes the 'Charleston Loophole,' a gap in the federal system that allows a gun sale to proceed after 3 days, even if the background check has not been completed.)

"Postponing the permit requirement by approximately two months should give Oregon law enforcement time to have a fully functional permitting system in place. If Judge Immergut agrees to the postponement, then starting in February anyone who purchases a gun in Oregon will be required to have a permit," said Attorney General Rosenblum.

In their letter to Judge Immergut, lawyers for the DOJ noted that leaders of the Oregon State Sheriffs' Association and the Oregon Association of Chiefs of Police had submitted sworn statements to the court stating that, on December 8, no one in the state will be able to complete the in-person firearm safety training required by Measure 114. Their statements also discussed other practical difficulties that sheriffs and police, who are responsible for handling permit applications under Measure 114, expect to face.

So in short, they claimed in court that the whole system would be ready by the 8th and now they are back peddling saying they won't be ready. Shocker!, ok not really.
Does anyone here recall a BC being an optional request? Far as I was aware it's mandatory in Oregon.
Though I will say, their optimism of getting the new system working in 2 months is cute. The IT stuff alone will likely take 6 months minimum.
The "Charleston Loophole" wouldn't be an issue if they hadn't basically stopped doing BCs.

In their letter to Judge Immergut, lawyers for the DOJ noted that leaders of the Oregon State Sheriffs' Association and the Oregon Association of Chiefs of Police had submitted sworn statements to the court stating that, on December 8, no one in the state will be able to complete the in-person firearm safety training required by Measure 114. Their statements also discussed other practical difficulties that sheriffs and police, who are responsible for handling permit applications under Measure 114, expect to face.
How was this even a shocker to them?
They've knew for months that this was not doable and basically every LE department told them that.

So in short, they claimed in court that the whole system would be ready by the 8th and now they are back peddling saying they won't be ready. Shocker!, ok not really.
Does anyone here recall a BC being an optional request? Far as I was aware it's mandatory in Oregon.
Though I will say, their optimism of getting the new system working in 2 months is cute. The IT stuff alone will likely take 6 months minimum.
The "Charleston Loophole" wouldn't be an issue if they hadn't basically stopped doing BCs.
Do you remember the rollout of the Obamacare website in Oregon (spent $400M and it never worked)? How about the unemployment website where people still haven't received benefits from during the scamdemic? How about the Oregon DMV website that's been plagued with problems? These clowns could F-up a wet dream.

My only scramble was for the Grandkids. We don't have any yet, but better safe than sorry.

My last 2 lowers that I ordered before Thanksgiving are showing "In town" by UPS, but not "Out for Delivery" yet.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top