JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
They only say you can APPLY for the permit

They do not say ANYTHING about the rest of the required training/courses to get the actual permit.
Nor do they say anything about the investigation that must be conducted by sheriffs or local PDs to determine if the applicant is a threat to himself or the community. Criteria for the investigations have yet to be established.

does the update from OSP mean that all pending FCIS checks and incoming checks are put on hold until the new permit system is in place / after the 8th? I have a BGC in progress with my CHL started on Tuesday. My buddy was gonna start one tomorrow. Are we SOL. I have been buying in advance of this but was hoping to squeeze off one last buy prior to the 8th.

does the update from OSP mean that all pending FCIS checks and incoming checks are put on hold until the new permit system is in place / after the 8th? I have a BGC in progress with my CHL started on Tuesday. My buddy was gonna start one tomorrow. Are we SOL. I have been buying in advance of this but was hoping to squeeze off one last buy prior to the 8th.
Your buddy's options:
1) Pray for an instant approval
2) Pray for an injunction
3) Hope OSP can process 30k BGC by Dec 8 (lol)
4) Roll the dice with the nonexistent paper permit application (lol)

Good luck out there!

Sportsman's has already jumped ship on us.
Screenshot_20221202_171100_Samsung Internet.jpg

Sportsman's has already jumped ship on us.
I wouldn't be too hard on them. According to this article, they are a plaintiff in one of the lawsuits against 114.

"A fourth suit brought by the Sportsman's Warehouse Inc. and a Yamhill County gun owner landed by the end of Friday."

The California Federal Judge hearing the 10 round mag ban in Cali has documented cases where the 10 round limit resulted in the death of citizens. And, police frequently empty their 15 round mag in a gun fight. This is well known.

My understanding is your SOL, the shop I'm helping out in Lincoln City has a dozen phones going all day, a few have been hung up on but 75% of the time we get them to answer and phone in backgrounds to get same day or next day background checks done.

This part right here should be what kills the mag ban.

If the state is claiming we don't need "high cap" mags, than why are LEOs using "high cap" mags. They are only supposed to shot in defense of themselves or others. Therefor they don't need "high cap" mags since the state is claiming that's all you need.

Screenshot_20221202_173553_Samsung Internet.jpg

If the state is claiming we don't need "high cap" mags, than why are LEOs using "high cap" mags. They are only supposed to shot in defense of themselves or others. Therefor they don't need "high cap" mags since the state is claiming that's all you need.

View attachment 1323153
EXCELLENT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All pending BCs that remain as of the 8th will be placed on hold, until you can prove that you have the currently non-existent permit to purchase. Than they start your BC all over again and you wait for them to clear you, again.

View attachment 1323153
Come now! No fair using logic on gun laws.

That argument was tried against CA's 'Roster of Handguns Certified for Sale'. It's perfectly apparent that allowing LE to use 'unsafe' handguns is horrible public policy (if the guns were actually 'unsafe' in any meaningful way), but LE are the principal purchasers of such guns from FFLs. (Resale of off-Roster handguns from one CA resident to another is also legal, but the supply to them for resale is, of course, throttled.)

Roster is still there. CA, like other governments we could imagine, reflexively defends infringements.

I see INFRINGE in an unenforceable bill, and in interrupted sales, and in decimation of suppliers by imposing unmanageable obstacles, and in a 3-6-9 month hiatus for gun sales.

The California Federal Judge hearing the 10 round mag ban in Cali has documented cases where the 10 round limit resulted in the death of citizens. And, police frequently empty their 15 round mag in a gun fight. This is well known.
Judge Benitez is not an activist judge he follows the law. The Oregon judge immergut is an activist judge with a history of doing what she thinks is morally right and not following the law.

Would you please offer some occasions when Judge Immergut acted that way?
See my other thread. Video available.

While capital punishment is law in oregon she was part of a group forcing a moratorium on executions.

Protestors in 2011 took over a usps office. She dropped all federal tresspassing charges.

Closest i could find about her relationship with rev knutson who authored 114 is they donate to the same causes. Will check on her relationship to the rabbi on 114.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads