JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This was the video that played following

Yep, the police will not be there for you.
Wow that is completely unacceptable. That frickin mayor removing the SROS. Then this year the school board voted to ban guns on school campuses. So criminals have free reign to do whatever they want and there is no one to stop them.

Thanks for the action and information covered in this thread.

In context of defense, it would appear that it would be legal under the proposed law to keep pre-ban standard capacity magazines available and loaded for your use on your own property. But not elsewhere. So using them in defense on your own property would be perfectly fine. Do you guys agree with my interpretation?

In context of defense, it would appear that it would be legal under the proposed law to keep pre-ban standard capacity magazines available and loaded for your use on your own property. But not elsewhere. So using them in defense on your own property would be perfectly fine. Do you guys agree with my interpretation?
Nailed it. :s0155:

Yes, OK on your own property, while hunting, or while at a range. However, to remove them from your own property, they need to be locked up inside the vehicle until you reach that destination. That means no concealed carry with anything greater than ten rounds and no shooting in public areas with a mag greater than 10 rounds. That means the magazine capacity, not how many are loaded. Take a look at your shotguns magazine. How many mini shells can it hold? Yep, greater than ten, that means no shotgun sales in Oregon either. Any other guns with tube type magazines holding greater than ten rounds will also be illegal to sell in Oregon. If you have such a firearm, you cannot even sell it to get rid of it in Oregon if this passes. Remember that it's a criminal offense to buy, sell, import, or manufacture these magazines. Criminal offense means you lose your gun rights.

IThe actual text of measure 114 does say we can use our grandfathered hi capacity mags at "private and public" ranges, so it's not so much that. Looks like ill still be able to go blasting with my AK at wolf creek.And if you already have a ccw permit, than getting a "permit to purchase" won't be too difficult(assuming they can get money to police to fund the required permitting) However I'm concerned about the impact on new gun owners, gun dealers and manufacturers. How do you make a Glock only hold ten? How do you show proficiency if you don't already have a gun? Alot of questions, and why I'm voting NO !

(assuming they can get money to police to fund the required permitting)
And the implementation, administration, designing the training programs, etc et al.

This is where I predict the clusterflop will take place.

There is no 'precedent' for this so I assume it will all start from 'scratch'.

And the implementation, administration, designing the training programs, etc et al.

That's their plan. And will be their excuse.

Plus, in many jurisdictions the interest in getting it done will be a low priority. Heck, folks already have to fill out their own property crime reports and send them in because of the lack of interest.

Unless they're charging high enough fees to turn a healthy profit. :mad:

Thanks for the confirmation. I'm not dyslexic but reading that bill certainly provided a sampling of the general experience.

I find it infinitely aggrivating to read, especially in the face very recent and very clear supreme court opinions which have specifically declared some provisions of the bill unconstitutional. With such little ambiguity, enforcement of a law such as this ought to be considered deprivation of rights.

I've never been particularly disposed towards firearms one way or the other. But the text of this bill has done much to stoke an appetite.

Thanks for the confirmation. I'm not dyslexic but reading that bill certainly provided a sampling of the general experience.

I find it infinitely aggrivating to read, especially in the face very recent and very clear supreme court opinions which have specifically declared some provisions of the bill unconstitutional. With such little ambiguity, enforcement of a law such as this ought to be considered deprivation of rights.

I've never been particularly disposed towards firearms one way or the other. But the text of this bill has done much to stoke an appetite.
Referenced above : I find it....

Maybe a manifestation of how callous and potentially cruel these proponents are.

Oops!

Support for red flag laws turns to opposition when voters told about how they work: study
I saw something similar last week.. basically demonstrating how polls can easily be flipped on it's arse... if people are actually told what they do vs. the propaganda.

An easy thing you can do to combat the silly law is print off some flyers and put them out there. Windshields at the mall and big box parking lots. And at community colleges where "everybody knows" guns cause crime until they start thinking for themselves. PM me and I will send you a PDF of a two-sided sheet of talking points. It will help.

Seen this today from Washington Examiner..

especially this in the Article:
"A Department of Justice report from 2019 found that 91% of gun criminals got their firearms from the black market or another person, find them at the crime scene, or steal them. Only about 7.5% purchased their guns legally."

Seen this today from Washington Examiner..

especially this in the Article:
"A Department of Justice report from 2019 found that 91% of gun criminals got their firearms from the black market or another person, find them at the crime scene, or steal them. Only about 7.5% purchased their guns legally."
I wish these stats mattered and would mean things to the antis, unfortunately what they are really trying to do with all that corpo funding is set a modern-day tradition for a historic case to stand up to the SCOTUS ruling post bruen. I believe this is why they all take the angle of % reductions in their slide shows and how they all mirror CA/NY/IL in their attempts to skirt obvious losing rulings.

It has become much more difficult for them to try and attempt legal scrutiny with more people aware thanks to social media, also goes hand in hand with the direct censorships. Fortunately, we are seeing good wins lately with rulings forcing them to run out of options beyond stalling and trying to pass the buck, they have no legal recourse.

It has become much more difficult for them to try and attempt legal scrutiny with more people aware thanks to social media, also goes hand in hand with the direct censorships. Fortunately, we are seeing good wins lately with rulings forcing them to run out of options beyond stalling and trying to pass the buck, they have no legal recourse.
It was expected though that there would be a post bruen period of hissy fits and toddler-like... throw themselves on the ground screaming... tantrum responses. "Woke is as woke does". Hopefully after a few more spankings and they tire themselves out a bit they will simmer down.

It really is beyond rediculous that grown a** adults act the way they do, but such as it is.

What we really need is to pass sanction laws against state officials that violate U.S. laws and policy... just like we're doing to Russia! That'll shut'em up! ;)

It was expected though that there would be a post bruen period of hissy fits and toddler-like... throw themselves on the ground screaming... tantrum responses. "Woke is as woke does". Hopefully after a few more spankings and they tire themselves out a bit they will simmer down.

It really is beyond rediculous that grown a** adults act the way they do, but such as it is.

What we really need is to pass sanction laws against state officials that violate U.S. laws and policy... just like we're doing to Russia! That'll shut'em up! ;)
It is political suicide for a party to make a serious run at crime. Pseudo-efforts like blaming guns makes them look tough without the risks of being tough.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads