JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
My question to LEVO and the the antigunners. If these laws were effective, then what did SB941 do to curb crime in Portland?? All these expanded background checks and we have the highest amount of violent crime in decades in Portland. What will Measure 114 do to stop criminals from getting guns? Criminals don't follow laws. lol The whole thing is asinine. Then the " defund the police" crowd too. They created a vacuum for gangsters to thrive in and then blame it on loose gun laws? what a joke.

I've had these very debates with anti's. The final argument I made to them was, if M114 is passed. What's stopping criminals or gun traffickers from going to Idaho. Mind blown :s0001: They want all of us to "fall in line", but criminals get a free pass in Multnomah County. Strange times..

And eventually the SCOTUS will rule it unconstitutional and send it back to the local courts for re-evaluation through the lens of Bruen.
That is why court packing has been floated as a solution for "progress". When they controlled SCOTUS they just relied on SCOTUS to get their way. Now they don't so trashing SCOTUS is their answer. We need to stop this nonsense now and not wait for Superman's rescue.

Problem is, Betsy and Christina Drazen are splitting the vote that would otherwise oppose Kotek.
I would caution one issue (gun issue) voters to wait to cast their ballots. I think Betsy may be taking more votes from Kotek and Drazan has a real chance at carrying this race. I will vote for whichever of the two has the best chance at beating Kotek. I am voting one issue this year and we can not afford to have Kotek leading the gun ban parade that is going to take place in next couple of sessions. If M 114 passes the legislature will be able to tweak it for the worse and do all sorts of other nasty gun grabbing activities.

Out of all the ballot measures they chose to focus on this year, 114, is the one they are goin all in on.

So that means all gun owners and aspiring gun owners need to get involved and vote no. Tell all your friends and family, use your social medias and online presence if you have it. Spread it like CV19.

Oct 18th is the deadline to be registered to vote and you can do this online which takes less than 5mins total. Ballots go out Oct 19th.

I've gone ahead and taken the initiative to thoroughly stock up on high quality standard capacity magazines across all of my calibers in preparation for 114's passage in November. When the rest of the state wakes up and realizes what has happened there'll be a mad run on magazines along with price gouging and everything else. I suggest the rest of you do the same.

I would caution one issue (gun issue) voters to wait to cast their ballots. I think Betsy may be taking more votes from Kotek and Drazan has a real chance at carrying this race. I will vote for whichever of the two has the best chance at beating Kotek. I am voting one issue this year and we can not afford to have Kotek leading the gun ban parade that is going to take place in next couple of sessions. If M 114 passes the legislature will be able to tweak it for the worse and do all sorts of other nasty gun grabbing activities.
I'm hoping we can have our cake and eat it, too.

I agree that the conditions are favorable, with liberals taking votes from the crats, to finally set our state red again (at least at one level), but owning a MG isn't enough for me. We can't forget that at the core... she is still as blue as blue. Sneak in on a single issue then stick it to us through the back door.

I say go for broke and back red full force. No risk, no reward. Dividing our votes trying to play the odds can backfire.

The final argument I made to them was, if M114 is passed. What's stopping criminals or gun traffickers from going to Idaho. Mind blown :s0001: They want all of us to "fall in line", but criminals get a free pass in Multnomah County. Strange times..
Yes. It's the free pass to criminals allowing all that crime. Same as Chicago and all the adjacent places their gangs get guns. The anti2a people will acknowledge that and use it to justify calls for national bans. What they won't acknowledge and should be made to discuss is why all those places the guns are easy to buy are relatively low crime compared to places like Chicago and DC.

I'm hoping we can have our cake and eat it, too.

I agree that the conditions are favorable, with liberals taking votes from the crats, to finally set our state red again (at least at one level), but owning a MG isn't enough for me. We can't forget that at the core... she is still as blue as blue. Sneak in on a single issue then stick it to us through the back door.

I say go for broke and back red full force. No risk, no reward.
My main goal is to see Kotek defeated. I will vote whichever way will make that happen. Thus far it looks like voting for Drazan will do it but I will wait for last minute polling to see how the race is shaking out closer to deadline.

We are looking at, if 114 passes, being slapped with a misdemeanor for violating carrying over 10rnds in a mag in public.
A misdemeanor would take your CHL away and deny you from applying for one, you can appeal but don't expect a smooth sailing journey: https://oregon.public.law/statutes/ors_166.293#:~:text=A sheriff may revoke a,the file of the licensee.

If your self-defense use gets convicted of a felony, then its game over entirely for you and guns both state and federally.

What is the misdemeanor meaning?

A misdemeanor is typically a crime punishable by less than 12 months in jail. Community service, probation, fines, and imprisonment for less than a year are commonly issued punishments for misdemeanors. More grievous crimes, felonies, carry stiffer penalties, including jail time of more than 12 months.
Remember the fine is $6,250 or jail time OR both.

Most common carry guns (outside 1911/single stacks) come with magazine capacity greater than 10rnds. Normally about 15+.
Just because your mags are grandfathered in now, doesn't apply to the fact you are limited in use to just your personal property and the range.

I am willing to bet that a lot of people's jobs and daily activities are not on their personal property nor at the range. So, this is a trap for a broad majority of people who carry and it kind of defeats concealed carry unless if you only plan on using guns with 10 or less rounds.

Last Edited:
Lift Every Voice Oregon.

114 slide agitators.jpg

We don't have to convince each other. We need to convince others. As of Tuesday measure 114 proponents have contributed $ 451,000. Us to our pac? $65,000. Put your money where your mouth is. I really don't want to get new mags for just about everything I own.

This whole bill is moronic. We all know this is an attempt at back door prohibition. It was also vetted by 8 year olds. Specifically try to follow the circular logic that states you can't purchase a firearm without a permit, but to get a permit you must show proficiency with a firearm you can't purchase without a permit.

These are the points we need to use to start conversations with those sitting on the fence.

I contacted the Run Betsy Run campaign office in late June and asked about her stance on the 2A, this is the response I received:

Thank you so much for reaching out to Betsy's campaign. I know there has been a lot of misinformation out there about where Betsy stands on the issue of gun violence, so I wanted to share with you her most recent statement:

"Our campaign is about rejecting the ideological extremes and leading with the best ideas from both parties to move Oregon forward. I am a lifelong gun owner and supporter of the Second Amendment. That will never change. What has changed is not where I stand – but where I sit. As governor, my job is to represent the majority of Oregonians. I must practice what I preach in moving beyond partisan divides to find common ground for the common good.

As governor, I will support and enforce stronger background checks for gun purchases and raising the age to purchase certain firearms from eighteen to twenty-one. These are both practical ideas to help keep guns away from people who could be a danger to themselves or others. But new gun laws alone are not enough. Oregon's mental health system is the worst in the nation – I will lead to change that. We need more trained counselors in our schools and empower them to intervene when there are warning signs of trouble. I will support local school districts that want safer school buildings to prevent unauthorized access. We need to support – not demonize or defund – our police. I will put an immediate end to Governor Brown's early release of dangerous criminals onto our streets. We're not going to get anywhere until we stop coddling criminals and lock up the bad guys."

Thanks again for your interest in Betsy's campaign.

Jennifer

Team Betsy

I contacted the Run Betsy Run campaign office in late June and asked about her stance on the 2A, this is the response I received:

Thank you so much for reaching out to Betsy's campaign. I know there has been a lot of misinformation out there about where Betsy stands on the issue of gun violence, so I wanted to share with you her most recent statement:

"Our campaign is about rejecting the ideological extremes and leading with the best ideas from both parties to move Oregon forward. I am a lifelong gun owner and supporter of the Second Amendment. That will never change. What has changed is not where I stand – but where I sit. As governor, my job is to represent the majority of Oregonians. I must practice what I preach in moving beyond partisan divides to find common ground for the common good.

As governor, I will support and enforce stronger background checks for gun purchases and raising the age to purchase certain firearms from eighteen to twenty-one. These are both practical ideas to help keep guns away from people who could be a danger to themselves or others. But new gun laws alone are not enough. Oregon's mental health system is the worst in the nation – I will lead to change that. We need more trained counselors in our schools and empower them to intervene when there are warning signs of trouble. I will support local school districts that want safer school buildings to prevent unauthorized access. We need to support – not demonize or defund – our police. I will put an immediate end to Governor Brown's early release of dangerous criminals onto our streets. We're not going to get anywhere until we stop coddling criminals and lock up the bad guys."

Thanks again for your interest in Betsy's campaign.

Jennifer

Team Betsy

Thats about the same response I got awhile back, she is (or her interns are) more involved than Drazan's that just sent me back a bland email requiring donations to win.

Told them to come and get active here on the forum but I don't think that has panned out, linked them to this very thread while also telling them to do more to raise awareness about 114 and voting NO on it of course.

Drazan's team still hasn't gotten back to me in well over a month...

This whole bill is moronic. We all know this is an attempt at back door prohibition. It was also vetted by 8 year olds. Specifically try to follow the circular logic that states you can't purchase a firearm without a permit, but to get a permit you must show proficiency with a firearm you can't purchase without a permit.

These are the points we need to use to start conversations with those sitting on the fence.
Well,

Sowell.jpg

Thats about the same response I got awhile back, she is (or her interns are) more involved than Drazan's that just sent me back a bland email requiring donations to win.

Told them to come and get active here on the forum but I don't think that has panned out, linked them to this very thread while also telling them to do more to raise awareness about 114 and voting NO on it of course.

Drazan's team still hasn't gotten back to me in well over a month...
same response i got a month ago if she would oppose 114 publicly and help us 2a. almost verbatim

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads