JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I especially like the bit about standing up to the Gun Lobby. Just completely bypasses the PEOPLE and makes it seem like a corporate strategy.

Even in Newport. I was stopped at the main traffic signal this week after a lunch trip to Mickey D's. There was a disheveled looking female on the corner with her hand made signs held high. One was pro-abortion and the other was vote yes on 114. I just smiled and drove back to work. We do have a small but engaged group whom I work with that are all anti 114 and they are telling others about it. Good folks these ...
Do you have flyers for them to read and distribute? If not I can send you a PDF with some good stuff. You can also get material from Stop114.com. If you want the PDF drop ma a private message

I don't know about all the Bimart pharmacies but, here in Linn county all the Bimart pharmacies are closed down and all the pharmaceutical employees went to other places and other pharmacies.
Yes, all of them - transferred to Walgreens. Sept of 2021.

The sale was made in order to strengthen Bi-Mart's financial position and expand plans for future growth in the Pacific Northwest, CEO Rich Truett said in the release.
Also, https://www.oregonlive.com/business...land-area-blames-new-oregon-business-tax.html
Oregon retail chain Bi-Mart says it plans to stop filling prescriptions in 13 stores in the Portland area, blaming rising medical costs and a new Oregon business tax that kicks in January 1.

114 slide register.jpg

Let's check in with a state that has something on par with 114:

Yeah...114 will stop that dead in its tracks alright.....
Interesting language from the link concerning the Illinois permit: "However, any law enforcement agency can object to an individual being granted a license "based upon a reasonable suspicion that the applicant is a danger to himself or herself or others, or a threat to public safety".

The wording in 114 is almost exactly the same as in the Illinois law. Now we know what city they're trying to emulate in Oregon. As of Sept 1st, 448 killed on the streets of Chicago, the city in the state with the toughest gun laws, according to this article. For Portland, 70 homicides, 59 from gunfire according to this link. Looks like the Giffords, Kate, and LEVO must be thinking Portland has rookie numbers that need to be pumped up.

Last Edited:
Now we know what state they're trying to emulate in Oregon. As of Sept 1st, 448 killed on the streets of Chicago according to this article. For Portland, 70 homicides, looks like 59 from gunfire. according to
That's what happens when you green light crime and the only threat is a couple hours out of their day before they are free again. IF they even get caught... which is highly unlikely. The more crime there is... the less likely you'll get caught since LEO's will be stretched even thinner.

Go figure!!

Interesting language from the link concerning the Illinois permit: "However, any law enforcement agency can object to an individual being granted a license "based upon a reasonable suspicion that the applicant is a danger to himself or herself or others, or a threat to public safety".

The wording in 114 is almost exactly the same as in the Illinois law. Now we know what city they're trying to emulate in Oregon. As of Sept 1st, 448 killed on the streets of Chicago, the city in the state with the toughest gun laws, according to this article. For Portland, 70 homicides, 59 from gunfire according to this link. Looks like the Giffords, Kate, and LEVO must be thinking Portland has rookie numbers that need to be pumped up.
Of course. Just what we need.

Just for context - Illinois has its FOID - Firearms Owner Identification program - since 1968.

Here's some data on how that works with firearms homicides: with about 3X the population of Oregon, they usually have around 10X the firearms homicides.

'But Librarian, Illinois includes that pit, Chiraq/Chicago! They're different.'

Ah, so we're not talking about purchase permits any more, are we?

114 slide chicago.jpg IL hom rates.jpg

Last Edited:
Concerning the wording in 114. I was told last night that the similarity is just more proof that the measure is not, as claimed by the Oregonian, a grass roots measure. It was crafted by someone out of state and the wording is being fed to the Oregon groups. I don't think that should be a surprise to anyone, but wanted to point out that the final ballot results will have a significant impact on 2A rights throughout the country. It's been pointed out earlier that the Gifford Foundation, along with others, went shopping to find someone to fly their flag. They found them in Portland. A reminder, this is not just an Oregon state measure, it's preparation for a larger attack.

Concerning the wording in 114. I was told last night that the similarity is just more proof that the measure is not, as claimed by the Oregonian, a grass roots measure. It was crafted by someone out of state and the wording is being fed to the Oregon groups. I don't think that should be a surprise to anyone, but wanted to point out that the final ballot results will have a significant impact on 2A rights throughout the country. It's been pointed out earlier that the Gifford Foundation, along with others, went shopping to find someone to fly their flag. They found them in Portland. A reminder, this is not just an Oregon state measure, it's preparation for a larger attack.
Agreed. Anyone who follows their communications can see that they are very well organized and very well funded. Knuteson has embraced it to grow his church and further his political power. As I said before, I wouldn't be surprised in the least bit if he ran for political office after this.

Remember too that LEVO has already vowed to introduce legislation to ban semi auto weapons with detachable magazines after measure 114, so this is just the beginning of the disarmament of Oregon.

And eventually the SCOTUS will rule it unconstitutional and send it back to the local courts for re-evaluation through the lens of Bruen.

But it's going to take money and time to get there unless this is defeated next month. Oregonians have to send a loud and clear message to their elected officials that this nonsense of legislation in violation of the Constitution will be tolerated no longer…

so this is just the beginning of the disarmament of Oregon.
Exactly.

Lets say 114 passes and another shooting happens and a hi cap mag is used. This will give them all reason to run after the guns then, with responses such as, ' Well, the 114 provisions just weren't enough' (or some equal drivel)

Bottom line is it would ultimately be all about guns next.

And eventually the SCOTUS will rule it unconstitutional and send it back to the local courts for re-evaluation through the lens of Bruen.

But it's going to take money and time to get there unless this is defeated next month. Oregonians have to send a loud and clear message to their elected officials that this nonsense of legislation in violation of the Constitution will be tolerated no longer…
What a great idea> It passes and then, an INJUNCTION?

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads