JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Info for those who are out there burning shoe leather...

I just got off the phone with Bimart corporate. They are not too froggy about supporting our efforts at their stores. They won't take flyers and do not even support leaving flyers on windshields in their lots. (Even though most of their store lots are not technically their property..ahem)

For those who may have forgotten who Bimart is, they are the Oregon based chain that lots of us give free advertising to here when a sale is going on and the place a lot of us spend money at.. Just thought some of you might be forgetful.

(AH AH..AHBOYCOT) Sorry..

I sneezed.

Can you say Dick's Sporting goods ?

I just got off the phone with Bimart corporate. They are not too froggy about supporting our efforts at their stores. They won't take flyers and do not even support leaving flyers on windshields in their lots. (Even though most of their store lots are not technically their property..ahem)

(AH AH..AHBOYCOT) Sorry..
For an OR based company and exlusively in the PNW... that's quite rotten. Although, not unexpected. It wasn't long ago they were trying to ban firearm and ammo sales to 18-20yr olds and now this?

I realize most of their revenue comes from their pharmacy, but 114 will still impact their bottom line to a degree. If they won't help themselves or support OR sportpersons..... I'm about ready to not only boycott, but cut up and go return my membership card along with a letter explaining why.

They'll support anti, but not pro... and have been getting more and more woke. It's about time people started giving them a slap across the face.

Start a new thread and encourage others to break away from an OR "institution"?

Funny you bring that up,

I think it was Giffords or one of those others not long ago was saying on Twitter they were taking a tour bus thru Florida (of all states) saying they have tons of "pro gun" people supporting control measures but never once showed a photo of anyone anywhere. Just close ups of the tour bus itself with slogans on it.

Here is another claim they had late sept but with 0 photographic evidence:
AH yes...Dear Old Gabby.
The only human in history to have tested higher in her IQ tests after having a severe case of lead poisoning.
I remember her from C-Span coverage of an armed forces budget hearing .
Admiral: Our surface combat fleets consist of guided missle cruisers, nuclear powered submarines and aircraft carriers with an attack range of such and such and so forth...
Giffords: But what have you done to limit their greenhouse gas emissions and clean fuel power ?
Admiral: Blink, Blink, uhh...

For an OR based company and exlusively in the PNW... that's quite rotten. Although, not unexpected. It wasn't long ago they were trying to ban firearm and ammo sales to 18-20yr olds and now this?

I realize most of their revenue comes from their pharmacy, but 114 will still impact their bottom line to a degree. If they won't help themselves or support OR sportpersons..... I'm about ready to not only boycott, but cut up and go return my membership card along with a letter explaining why.

They'll support anti, but not pro... and have been getting more and more woke. It's about time people started giving them a slap across the face.

Start a new thread and encourage others to break away from an OR "institution"?
Not as much Pharmacy revenue as you might think. They chose to close many of their pharmacies, atleast in Portland, a number of years ago to avoid paying higher operating expenses due to a local tax scheme IIRC.
A substantial reaction might ring louder at corporate than you might think.

Last Edited:
@nammac, how did you receive the invitation? Did you need to contact the NRA to get invited? Are these exclusives for lifetime members only?
I emailed Jesse Greening - he replied, including this link, https://www.nraila.org/grassroots/find-an-event/#OR

To be honest, I'm not impressed; some of the events say "We will be filling out postcards to be sent out to voters urging them to vote no on Ballot Measure 114. " Not a good use of my time - I ignore such junk mail, and I'm pretty sure most people do.

Besides, my handwriting is terrible ...

Where ever I travel I am leaving 5-10 flyers on neighboring "trucks" in parking lots
That's funny! When I am covering a parking lot and I start to get down to my last dozen or so flyers, I tell myself: "OK these are going on Trucks!" 🤣

I get the sneaking suspicion that Drazan only has a lead simply because Betsy is pulling disgruntled D voters from Kotek.
Precisely correct. Betsy is splitting the Left Wing vote (thereby hopefully allowing Drazan the win) in exactly the same way that Ross Perot split the Right Wing Vote in 1992, allowing Bill Clinton to move into the White House. The Rest is History.

Hey! Whatever Works!

We are a minority in this country and especially in this State. I believe that even if the people who are certain they would vote for this were fully educated on the details they would still vote for it. IMHO, 2A lovers are a very small minority among the voters.

We are a minority in this country and especially in this State. I believe that even if the people who are certain they would vote for this were fully educated on the details they would still vote for it. IMHO, 2A lovers are a very small minority among the voters.
Until crime becomes a problem for their area

Not as much Pharmacy revenue as you might think. They chose to close many of their pharmacies, atleast in Portland, a number of years ago to avoid paying higher operating expenses due to a local tax scheme IIRC.
A substantial reaction might ring louder at corporate than you might think.
They farmed out all of the Eugene/Springfield pharmacies not quite a year ago. We have to go to Albertson's now to pick up prescriptions.

They won't take flyers and do not even support leaving flyers on windshields in their lots. (Even though most of their store lots are not technically their property..ahem)
Just a note on that.. and being a commerical property owner... If their building is located on a stand alone property lot, they can act as an agent for the private property owner and can ask you to leave (then trespass you if you return). More typically, in a large jointly utilized parking lot, they can not restrict your access.

It is still private property, but only the property owner, appointed agent (typically a property management firm) or law enforcement (if you are breaking a law or city statute) can ask you to leave. Governance of individual businesses is restricted to within their rented walls.

Paper away!

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews