JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Not to beat a dead horse, but with confidence so low in our leaders it's astounding that people are still buying their rhetoric and continuing down the same path that got us to where we are today. At what point do people take a breath and realize, "Wait a sec.... this isn't working at ALL."(?)
This new bubblegum is being pushed by NGOs. Local Gov just sits on their thumbs.

California's magazine ban is being kicked down to a pro-2A judge, so that will likely be resolved by the end of 2022. I do not know about Mass, but it could be a year before that ruling is redone.
To be fair, that would be a small token win for KA, but only the first step in a long process. It won't make a lot of difference until the full 9th district rules on it... giving more momentum to other states like.... those poor souls further north up I-5 (well, and us if 114 passes), but even then, I can't see KA not appealling it all the way back to the SC.

WA got the ball rolling for them, and I'm pretty sure OR is already primed and ready to file a challenge for us too.

Last Edited:
FBCBBB25-FD11-468C-99F8-B35C783C1F17.jpeg

To be fair, that would be a small token win for KA, but only the first step in a long process. It won't make a lot of difference until the full 9th district rules on it... giving more momentum to other states like.... those poor souls further north up I-5 (well, and us if 114 passes), but even then, I can't see KA not appealling it all the way back to the SC.

WA got the ball rolling for them, and I'm pretty sure OR is already primed and ready to file a challenge for us too.
Judge Benitez, Patron Saint of Standard Capacity Magazines, already did all of the work on this one.

1664907102332.png

The full Ninth Circuit really do not have anything to argue about once it hits their docket.

They will not stop marching at 114. This is just another stepping stone. The people who support 114 would vote for the abolition of all privately owned firearms if given the chance.

When 114 very quickly fails to curb violence in Portland, the Legislature will step in with an AWB.

We already have background checks, red flag laws, and safe storage laws. 114 is a magazine ban on thousands of commonly owned firearms. 114 places a heavy burden on law abiding citizens. That needs to be the message.

Last Edited:
They will not stop marching at 114. This is just another stepping stone. The people who support 114 would vote for the abolition of all privately owned firearms if given the chance.

When 114 very quickly fails to curb violence in Portland, the Legislature will step in with an AWB.

We already have background checks, red flag laws, and safe storage laws. 114 is a magazine ban on thousands of commonly owned firearms. 114 is a places a heavy burden on law abiding citizens. That needs to be the message.
If only we had stop criminal laws and common sense crime reform laws and banning criminal activity laws...

The polls do not look good

Education rather than income is more predictive of a yes vote. Among voters with a college degree or higher, pollsters found 63% of respondents planned to vote yes compared with 40% of respondents with a high school diploma or less.

I'd have thought if education mattered, facts would be more influential. Then I remembered, 'education' now means 'indoctrination' - no icky facts allowed.

We already have background checks, red flag laws, and safe storage laws. 114 is a magazine ban on thousands of commonly owned firearms. 114 places a heavy burden on law abiding citizens. That needs to be the message.
Yep. They want to get rid of all guns, of any kind, but starting with ones they can get the most support for (magazines and "assault weapons").

Talked to a liberal person the other day who was knowledgeable in the common language and themes used in those circles. He said it all comes down to how many guns are out there. No matter what measures are used even if they get some guns it's a good thing from their mindset. Unfortunately that is what most of the OR metro voters think too I would imagine. I just never imagined they would be so focused on numbers of guns out there and their task is to reduce the number by any means they can. There are over 400 million guns in the us. Just crazy (edited to clarify) that they think they can get all those or make a difference in criminal's behavior by grabbing a tiny fraction of the guns out there.

Last Edited:
New Supreme Court ruling for permit in Mass. (info posted on bottom) raises some Q's re 114:

1) permit in mass?/DC? says you have lifetime ban from buying guns if u are convicted of a misdemeanor involving guns. Does proposed OR permit have any specifics yet on what the permit "rules" are? This same thing could be included in Oregon? Fe you are caught carrying over 10 round mag.

2) Does the proposed OR permit require mental health evaluation like in Hawaii?

- In short, are there any specifics on what the permit will be based on or will they "just make up the rules later on"? That could be damn scary if they do that.

3) does this ruling (and Bruen) mean that OR cannot legally have a permit system to purchase?

Re the case, basically a guy in Mass. asked a cop where to check his gun in a museum where guns weren't allowed. His carry permit was for dc not mass so he was arrested. He plead guilty to a misdemeanor. Now he can't buy a gun anymore. Scotus nullified his conviction and sent it back down to court for reinterpretation in light of Bruen.

I'm not aware of a text version of the result so sorry you have to suffer weird hair and whinny voice guy to get the info:

114's permit language is
SECTION 4.
(1)(a) A person may apply for a permit-to-purchase a firearm or firearms under this section to the police chief or county sheriff with jurisdiction over the residence of the person making the application, or their designees, hereinafter referred to as "permit agent".

(b) A person is qualified to be issued a permit-to-purchase under this section if the person:
(A) Is not prohibited from purchasing or acquiring a firearm under state or federal law, including but not limited to successfully completing a criminal background check as described under paragraph (e) of this subsection;

(B) Is not the subject of an order described in ORS 166.525 to 166.543;

(C) Does not present reasonable grounds for a permit agent to conclude that the applicant has been or is reasonably likely to be a danger to self or others, or to the community at large, as a result of the applicant's mental or psychological state or as demonstrated by the applicant's past pattern of behavior involving unlawful violence or threats of unlawful violence;

(D) Provides proof of completion of a firearm safety course as defined in subsection (8) of this section; and

(E) Pays the fee described in paragraph (b) of subsection (3) of this section.
(e) The applicant must submit to fingerprinting and photographing by the permit agent. The permit agent shall fingerprint and photograph the applicant and shall conduct any investigation necessary to determine whether the applicant meets the qualifications described in paragraph (b) of this section. The permit agent shall request the department to conduct a criminal background check, including but not limited to a fingerprint identification, through the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The Federal Bureau of Investigation shall return the fingerprint cards used to conduct the criminal background check and may not keep any record of the fingerprints. Upon completion of the criminal background check and determination of whether the permit applicant is qualified or disqualified from purchasing or otherwise acquiring a firearm the department shall report the results, including the outcome of the fingerprint-based criminal background check, to the permit agent.
I admire the modernity of the process, not mentioning Live Scan.

There are over 400 million guns in the us. Just crazy.
What's not crazy... if there is ever mass confiscation or if our nation every comes under threat from a foreign government, we''ll be glad there are so many! Simply to ensure that'll they'll never get them all which will always guarantee citizens ability to resist.

I also hate to piss in their cheerios, but let's get real. That's only 400mil they know about it. :s0140:

Where ever I travel I am leaving 5-10 flyers on neighboring "trucks" in parking lots. If I am in a firearms store lot I do post on cars and trucks. Lots of people are not aware of this 114 problem.

114's permit language is

I admire the modernity of the process, not mentioning Live Scan.
The whole section mimics Austrian " Waffenpass" it's essentially the same model. I came back from Austria a month ago had a chat in a gun store there. It seems like Everytown USA and Bloomberg and all these anti-gun NGO's use the same language and modeling.

What's not crazy... if there is ever mass confiscation or if our nation every comes under threat from a foreign government, we''ll be glad there are so many! Simply to ensure that'll they'll never get them all which will always guarantee citizens ability to resist.

I also hate to piss in their cheerios, but let's get real. That's only 400mil they know about it. :s0140:
You misnunderstood. I meant it's crazy to think they can get rid of 400 million guns. And going to extreme lengths (such as violating our rights to get a tiny fraction of guns), and that it will make any difference in criminals use of guns being there are so many out there already they can steal. All of that is crazy, idealistic nonsense.

You misnunderstood. I meant it's crazy to think they can get rid of 400 million guns. And going to extreme lengths (such as violating our rights to get a tiny fraction of guns), and that it will make any difference in criminals use of guns being there are so many out there already they can steal. All of that is crazy, idealistic nonsense.
Gotcha! 👍

Sometimes your accent makes it difficult for me to understand what you're saying.

The whole section mimics Austrian " Waffenpass" it's essentially the same model. I came back from Austria a month ago had a chat in a gun store there. It seems like Everytown USA and Bloomberg and all these anti-gun NGO's use the same language and modeling.

Seems to suggest all of these movements share a common headwaters.

They are experts in manipulating people through language. Observe how "gun control" became (reducing) "gun violence".

Seems to suggest all of these movements share a common headwaters.

They are experts in manipulating people through language. Observe how "gun control" became (reducing) "gun violence".

According to this article EU sued the Czech Republic in a case to uphold their rights to own semi automatics. If you go deep into the woods it was the United Nations and EU comissions who are pushing these controls. Then of course it flows over to the US. Same tactics

the other thing I notice is the poll I posted the other day from the Oregonian and the one shared here today on people likely to support the measure is a sample size of 600.

Oregon has 36 counties sample size is 600 so that is 16.66 per county
Oregon total population (2020) is 4.176mil so about 0.014% of Oregon population would vote yes on 114

Same goes for the prior reports these are really really small sample sizes and its midterms.

That's incredibly misleading too. By saying "law enforcement" it will appear to the layman that they are talking about LEO's and their offices (which are firmly against 114) instead of just the woke bureaucratic talking whistle heads. Purely intentional saying "law enforcement" instead of their actual titles or office they represent.
Too true this.

I recall playing love note tennis with a State Rep ( still in office ) during the 2015 gun bill campaign that Kate signed. A favorite strategy of theirs is to quote unnamed "Law Enforcement".
I fired off a response to him saying "Who do you think you are kidding" The anonymous "LE" sources you mention are obviously your own Chief / administration level wonks, who will say whatever you want them to. They have future advancement and budget carrots to keep in mind. Name REAL LE personell doing the real job, not your trained parrots.
No more responses.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews