JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Where can these signs be placed?
County roads - says

ORS 368.942
Posting notices, signs or pictures on structures within county road right of way prohibited

Except as provided in ORS 368.950 (Applicability of ORS 368.942 and 368.945), no person may paste, paint, brand or in any manner whatever place or attach to any building, fence, gate, bridge, tree, rock, board, structure or anything whatever within the limits of the right of way of any county road any written, printed or painted advertisement, bill, notice, sign, picture, card or poster, except within the limits of any incorporated city through which the county road runs. [1973 c.462 §2]
Class C misdemeanor, that $6250 fine.

I don't know how to identify the limits of 'right of way' when looking at a road. Might be 'if it is not in the right of way, it's private', which would be
County Roads

ORS 368.955
Posting notices, signs or pictures within view of county road on property of another without consent prohibited

No person may paste, paint, brand or in any manner whatever place or attach to any building, fence, gate, bridge, tree, rock, board, structure or anything whatever on the property of another within view of a county road, without the written consent of the owner or person entitled to possession of such property, any written, printed or painted advertisement, bill, notice, sign, picture, card or poster. [1973 c.462 §5]
ODOT says
"Campaign signs, as well as yard sale signs and other unauthorized notices, are not allowed to be placed on state highway right of way," said Luci Moore, ODOT State Maintenance and Operations engineer. "Our crews will remove the signs and store them for 30 days."

State right of way width varies, stretching from curb-to-curb within some cities, to 200 or more feet beyond the pavement in other locations.

City of Cottage Grove says
9.24.090 Requirements for posted notices.

No person shall affix a placard, bill or poster upon personal or real property, private or public, without first obtaining permission from the owner or from the proper public authority. (Ord. 2410 §123, 1981)
And things like cross street banners are allowed only on Main Street here, and require a permit.

Last Edited:
If they come to my neighborhood and if I were contacted by them I will simply say they will be met with an EXTREMELY rude dissent....
Yeah, it's probably time to put up the no soliciting sign. I don't feel the need to be especially rude - 'true believers' won't get it anyway.

114 slide D M E.jpg

If they come to my neighborhood and if I were contacted by them I will simply say they will be met with an EXTREMELY rude dissent....
You don't have to be rude to them. Just do like my pap used to do. Follow them around the neighborhood and approach the doors with them. Gather their flyers for the no answers and if someone opens the door and they start to talk, loudly speak over them, "blah blah blahblah blah blah" repeatedly. Reciting peter piper picked a peck of pickled peppers or singing row row row your boat works too.

You're just as entitled to approach someones door and speak your peace as they are, but for whatever reason, they seldom stick around for long. ;)

Last Edited:
Where can these signs be placed?
The property owner can place them most anywhere they want. For major highways, thy can't be on the fences. They can be on "t" posts away from the fence, but need to be well supported. Look at signs for the major candidates and you'll see how they have them arranged and supported. If you take it upon yourself to buy posts and set signs yourself, make sure they're secure and you're willing to go back and take them down. For liability reasons, I personally won't do it, I leave that to the property owner.

I've found it takes time to build alliance with groups willing to post the signs, but once the ball is rolling, it gains speed quickly.

Both parties conduct polling. Volunteers from precincts will canvas an area asking some simple questions about if they plan to vote, which party, and their major concerns. Some ask more specific questions. That's one of the ways people make decisions where and how to spend money for their campaigns.

I could pick them up but who and where could place them? I could place them but where?
You need to talk to people to see if they will post the signs on their property. You can help them put them up if you like. Gun shops, pawn shops auto parts stores, and repair shops are good places to talk to people about getting the word out and asking if they will post signs or if you can help them post signs.

Getting the word out takes work. That's why it's important to to talk to everyone you can about the issue and get them involved. None of us can do it by ourselves. You will find some people that use the argument that the need to do "something" about murderers. Read the handout written by Dancinghippos and understand the issue as completely as you can and are ready to offer intelligent points to their arguments. Be aware that some will not change their minds and be prepared to walk away. Don't let them steal your beliefs from you and don't let them slow you down.

Last Edited:
I have delivered to about 55 gun shops around the state and have begun leaving some flyers in parking lots.
Thanks for all your work, Tkdguy. Gun shops are great places to distribute materials. They are highly motivated to help. And windshields at the big chain retailers too. Most of the customers will see things our way. We can't rely on those store managers to allow flyers in the counters because they have to call "corporate" for permission. But they won't be motivated to prevent us from putting flyers on windshields. Some anti would need to file a complaint.

Anyone know if Cabella's or Sportsmans has accepted the flyers or posters for in store distribution. I am casually distributing in parking lots where ever I park my car. Simple to do to hand out 10 or more at stops I make.

I have noticed that some of the big box stores have lawn sprinklers on sale. Gee, with that hot Summer, my lawn near my front porch has turned yellow..I need to pick some up so I don't scare away the California real estate investors.
Oh, sorry. I was just thinking to myself.

Did I get off topic ? 🤔

...are any of the shops taking signs agreed to take extras. It would help to have sign dumps out there where people could pick up extras

Win win for the shops...they would get potential customers in their stores picking up signs.
One last thought, the time to get these things planted is now When we get close to November we have lost exposure time out there.

Don't forget pawn. shops..they all have ban-ables in their counters

Last Edited:
...are any of the shops taking signs agreed to take extras. It would help to have sign dumps out there where people could pick up extras

Win win for the shops...they would get potential customers in their stores picking up signs.
One last thought, the time to get these things planted is now When we get close to November we have lost exposure time out there.

Don't forget pawn. shops..they all have ban-ables in their counters
Yes. Several gun shops have taken extras from me and others working with us

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads