JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Don't forget that if you have an open ad in the classifieds you can easily edit in to VOTE NO ON M114 to help circulate awareness here.

Lots more people lurk that then the forums. Link this thread or one of the others threads or those useful links to the ballotpedia site or to how to help out.

I see nobody else doing this but me currently.
BTW, about your screen name:

CaptainAmerica1_zps8c295f96-426148.JPG

E4 mafia is best mafia. :D

Thank you ... I'm an OFF member, and I've spoken with freedom-minded native Oregonians who have NO IDEA it is out there! ... so, literally one person does make a difference, let's keep waking 'em up!
yeah its pretty insane how many gun owners still have no idea about this measure. Or how many say bubblegum like "well its just gonna be rigged" ..... THIS IS WHAT THEY WANT !!! THEY WANT PEOPLE to give up all hope and not vote. They are counting on people not voting. Don't forget this state has people on both sides of politics with guns. They want people to not vote and not even know... that way they get what they want.

yeah its pretty insane how many gun owners still have no idea about this measure.
In some respects, rational gun owners are their own worst enemies here.

TV/radio/newspapers and their associated websites are almost uniformly anti-gun, so why would a normal person subject him/herself to that abuse?

Combine that with a common attitude "I don't want to be political, I want to be left alone!" and there really are no good information channels.

Anyone know some of the outstate (out of the cities, that is) Oregon representatives? A printed newsletter from many of those, to all their registered voters, just saying something like "There are four measures on the ballot in 2022, and you should go read them before the election" might help.

See https://www.zipdatamaps.com/politic...regon-state-house-of-representative-districts

ETA, taking my own advice, I just sent this to Rep Hayden:
Representative Hayden,

The 2022 ballot has four measures to vote on. It happens I oppose all of them, but there is a larger concern.

It seems that these ballot measures are nearly invisible, and that's a real problem.

Might your office send a brief, PAPER communication to all the District 7 voters? Many people are not connected to Facebook or internet things, and there is a healthy suspicion of television and radio and newspapers.

The ballot pamphlets will cover that, but very late in the process - sooner is likely to be very important.

Such a thing, perhaps not taking a position on any of the measures, seems like it could be a reasonable expenditure from a legislative office. And if you think that might be so, perhaps you might encourage your colleagues to do a similar service.

Thank you for your consideration.

Last Edited:
In some respects, rational gun owners are their own worst enemies here.

TV/radio/newspapers and their associated websites are almost uniformly anti-gun, so why would a normal person subject him/herself to that abuse?

Combine that with a common attitude "I don't want to be political, I want to be left alone!" and there really are no good information channels.

Anyone know some of the outstate (out of the cities, that is) Oregon representatives? A printed newsletter from many of those, to all their registered voters, just saying something like "There are four measures on the ballot in 2022, and you should go read them before the election" might help.

See https://www.zipdatamaps.com/politic...regon-state-house-of-representative-districts

ETA, taking my own advice, I just sent this to Rep Hayden:
The party has a small flyer with their positions on all four measures. Can't seem to find it this morning but will post it when I get a copy. I believe it's in the small bag they leave when doing polling. Any of the precincts should be able to provide one.

cabelas should allow a manned table at their store
The party has a small flyer with their positions on all four measures. Can't seem to find it this morning but will post it when I get a copy. I believe it's in the small bag they leave when doing polling. Any of the precincts should be able to provide one.
I sent Sen. Linthicum an email asking him to write a letter to his supporters on why they should vote no on Measure 114. He is a fantastic writet.

cabelas should allow a manned table at their store

I sent Sen. Linthicum an email asking him to write a letter to his supporters on why they should vote no on Measure 114. He is a fantastic writet.
Big box stores aren't going to publicly comment since they carry so many product lines that are politically neutral. If they lose gun sales in one state, they can ship that merchandise to other states. Local gun shops don't have that luxury.

Big box stores aren't going to publicly comment since they carry so many product lines that are politically neutral. If they lose gun sales in one state, they can ship that merchandise to other states. Local gun shops don't have that luxury.
They could stop and consider that there are many options avilable to their customers. Their wares are not at all unique. A significant portion of their yearly income comes from 2A supporters so chosing to not speak up doesn't win them any brand loyalty with their customers. Some do pay attention and will choose to shop elsewhere.

Remaining neutral is common practice in business though and, over time, typically has the least impact on their revenues. As said, if one market dries up a bit, they have options to refocus revenue streams elsewhere... which makes it pretty difficult to influence them to deviate from the "safety" of their neutrality.

They could stop and consider that there are many options avilable to their customers. Their wares are not at all unique. A significant portion of their yearly income comes from 2A supporters so chosing to not speak up doesn't win them any brand loyalty with their customers. Some do pay attention and will choose to shop elsewhere.

Remaining neutral is common practice in business though and, over time, typically has the least impact on their revenues. As said, if one market dries up a bit, they have options to refocus revenue streams elsewhere... which makes it pretty difficult to influence them to deviate from the "safety" of their neutrality.
When I have seen lines 30 deep before opening at Cabelas the customers didn't rush to the shoe section when the doors opened.

Edit: First they came for the small gun shops.......

Remaining neutral is common practice in business though and, over time, typically has the least impact on their revenues.
And I much prefer 'neutral' to woke nonsense.

It is the duty of a business to make money for its investors - private owners, stockholders and such. Political opinions are for individuals, not corporations.

Small business is always hurt by big gov't. We don't have the lawyers and the administrators to devote to reading all the fine print. We don't have the time to develop the systems or the headspace to be constantly learning new regulations. Only the Cabelas and Amazons of the world can take it in stride.

Edit: First they came for the small gun shops.......
That's what the Marxist utopists want. To assimilate everyone into the Borg. They don't like people going off on their own.

If any of you have any pull with the NRA on a regional or national level, now is the time to put the pressure on. Running out of money at this stage of the game is completely unacceptable for a national organization. We should be outraged that their "all hands on deck" effort is handing out a few hundred signs.

And I much prefer 'neutral' to woke nonsense.

It is the duty of a business to make money for its investors - private owners, stockholders and such. Political opinions are for individuals, not corporations.
A Corporation is just a legal entity that limits exposure to liability.

Last Edited:
A Corporation is just a legal entity that limits exposure to liability.
Sure. But there is a big difference between acting as an individual and acting as a representative of a company. We get that with 'not authorized to speak on behalf of X' statements.

For example, James Quincey, a private individual, can say anything he might like, and still get invited to the 'right' parties in Atlanta.

James Quincey, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the Coca Cola Company, can issue a policy statement from his office and lose money for the company.

Similarly, Lauren Hobart, a private individual, may merrily opine on things. Lauren Hobart, President and CEO of Dick's Sporting Goods, may say she does not like AR-pattern rifles, and direct that the company will no longer sell them. That has induced a partial boycott of her company's stores. (Evidently that has not yet hit their bottom line enough to change that decision.)

Sure. But there is a big difference between acting as an individual and acting as a representative of a company. We get that with 'not authorized to speak on behalf of X' statements.

For example, James Quincey, a private individual, can say anything he might like, and still get invited to the 'right' parties in Atlanta.

James Quincey, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the Coca Cola Company, can issue a policy statement from his office and lose money for the company.

Similarly, Lauren Hobart, a private individual, may merrily opine on things. Lauren Hobart, President and CEO of Dick's Sporting Goods, may say she does not like AR-pattern rifles, and direct that the company will no longer sell them. That has induced a partial boycott of her company's stores. (Evidently that has not yet hit their bottom line enough to change that decision.)
Most corporate leaders are afraid to do anything that brings the Woke Mafia and camera crews to the HQ. So they pay the extortion rather than fight the extortionists

It's depressing.. I really love the PNW climate. Shame about the people.

Most of me just wants to let Portland collapse under it's own deluded, self satisfied fashion politics at this point. Grand theft auto, quarterly vehicle break-ins, slum lords, needles and human wreckage on the streets and bearing witness to a decade of pandering, capitulatory poseur governance has a way of doing that.

Just spoke with an NRA rep. They say they are planning on more action including TV & radio ads. I was reminded that another way to get attention is writing to editorial boards. I don't think I've seen the editorials in newspaper for at least 10 years, maybe 15.

If someone can make flags I would love to purchase. I am printing another 500 pdf's tonight. Will likely distribute to gun shops and pawn shops. I deposited two signs in St. Helens, Ore3gon

Status

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR