JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
After contemplation I am thinking I may have this all wrong. Maybe M114 will be good for Oregon businesses. Maybe there are droves of Apple product using, Starbuck sipping, woke shoppers, who are waiting to inundate Bimart, Cabelas, Sportsmans, Fisherman's, etc with purchases when the permit to purchase requirements halt transfers. The retailers must not be stupid and I would trust that they are doing what will benefit their bottom lines most. I will quit harping on them.

Let's go with Aguila mini shells at 1-3/4" each. Ten would be 17.5", so any magazine with a tube greater than 17.5" would be affected. The measure says COULD HOLD, not what you have loaded. Are there any .22s out there with tube magazines that COULD HOLD more than ten 22 shorts? It says that these magazines, therefore guns, cannot be possessed, purchased, imported, or sold.

If you don't have proof that the firearm was obtained before the measure went into effect, your rifle or shotgun would be confiscated and you would be charged with a crime. We all know what happens if you are convicted, or even charged with a gun crime.

It's important that we know what's in the bill and resolve to strike it down before it becomes law. It doesn't matter if we talk about what hoops we can jump through, in fact, I'd bet that's part of their fun, watching us try to jump through hoops like circus monkeys.

Just kill it now.

How many mini shells can I load in detachable 9rnd 12ga mag?

1664270686895.png

Hint: buy your detachable mag shotguns and mags now while you still can.

I may have overlooked it but is there any part of M114 that specifies which cartridge prosecutors would have to use to test legal capacity of a mag?

For example if I had a 10rnd 40 S&W mag that could hold more than 10rnds of a smaller caliber, would that make it prohibited under M114 law?

I may have overlooked it but is there any part of M114 that specifies which cartridge prosecutors would have to use to test legal capacity of a mag?

For example if I had a 10rnd 40 S&W mag that could hold more than 10rnds of a smaller caliber, would that make it prohibited under M114 law?
I don't believe they would be looking at loading the wrong caliber ammunition.

It would be great if those who have time and can afford fuel would load the large signs up on trailers or trucks and drive around busy areas during rush hour periods. Groups of a few people holding up large signs on overpasses could work too. The law prohibits hanging signs on overpass fences but you are permitted to hold the signs on overpasses. I did this by myself for the Defend The 2nd rally a few years ago. People noticed. My sign was a bit small but during rush hour people still could read it.
How can the signs be attached? Or if there are flags that I can purchase I can do this. Please advise. I have a cargo carrier on my roof. Thx

An the evidence that the 114 police has empirical support is where? The Clinton era Crime Bill restricting much of this did not show any significant improvement in violent crime outcomes?
Whoa... wait a minute here buddy. Facts have no place when the left is attacking lawful citizens.

Never let them know you're winning until you cross the finish line. The Leftist literally don't know what they don't know about firearms. They see things in entertainment, from stupid criminals and from afar and like a 7 yo, make up a story to fit the narrative. A mad man with 10 rounds is somehow more desirable than a sane man with 30. Not that a mad man would ever bother to follow any rules.

I talked to a gun grabber who didn't know the difference between a revolver and pistol. It's OK not to know, but it's not ok to try and take gun rights when you don't know.

Never let them know you're winning until you cross the finish line. The Leftist literally don't know what they don't know about firearms. They see things in entertainment, from stupid criminals and from afar and like a 7 yo, make up a story to fit the narrative. A mad man with 10 rounds is somehow more desirable than a sane man with 30. Not that a mad man would ever bother to follow any rules.

I talked to a gun grabber who didn't know the difference between a revolver and pistol. It's OK not to know, but it's not ok to try and take gun rights when you don't know.
I am more worried about how the prosecutors and authorities would handle an issue like this.

Maybe Dancing Hippos and or Kevin at OFF can be interviewed and explain the research and implications on issues relevant to 114?
OPB had an appointment to interview Kevin and they decided not to go through with it.

Both the recent SJ and OPB articles the last few days were not 100% negative. I would expect some support from Statesman Journal but was surprised that OPB didn't have their fangs out as far as normal

All Oregonians, take notice, Ballot Measure 114 (spawned from the successful initiative petition 17) will be on the ballot this November.

If it passes (YES on 114), Oregon will become one of the most restrictive States in the Union when it comes to our 2nd Amendment rights.

Most notably, expect:

-A ban on the purchasing, selling, and use of "high capacity magazines" (those holding more than 10 rounds). Typical "grandfather" clauses apply.

-Myriad restrictions on where you can use your grandfathered magazines (basically nowhere other than private property or gun clubs/shooting ranges).

-The need to acquire a permit to purchase firearms, with a live-fire demonstration/training being a part of the permitting process.

For further information on what this measure will do, take it straight from the horses mouth (donkey may be more appropriate 😃); Lift Every Voice Oregon, who was responsible for getting this unconstitutional measure on the ballot.

For all members of this forum, it should go without saying that we need to vote NO on this measure! Spread the word to friends, family, coworkers, etc…With word of mouth, I think we can be successful in enlightening the ignorant and potentially winning over fence-sitters.

Likewise, we cannot assume that even the most staunch 2A supporters are aware of this measure; I personally know many die-hard gun owners who were completely unaware of this until I told them about it!

Hopefully we can use this thread to share resources, ideas, and any other pertinent information that will help defeat Measure 114 in November.
I got several signs from last weekend gunshow in Albany. Spread the word indeed as the wording on this measure is misleading and folks will look at it all wrong especially with the tragic events that have happened so will confuse what this is all about. The way I see it is any one that wants to purchase a firearm will not be able to. State and local police have declined this ridiculous idea to do live fire training as they do not have the funds. Neither will they enforce as they would be criminals themselves. Multiple lawsuits are in hand should this violation of our 2nd amendment should pass. I am about done with this State for the most unfortunately but will stand up for our Rights!

As far as live fire requirements, were is the evidence from decades of concealed permits, this has been a problem? I attended a live class before the online classes were available. You can never cover every scenario, but the classes do cover responsibility and liability. You are legally and adult to receive a permit. Would be nice to see how many permit holders in PNW are prosecuted.

Does M114 actually say "live" fire is required? You could demonstrate the ability to fire a firearm without live fire.
For that matter, I don't believe it says you have to use a real firearm either. A finger gun might suffice. The crats would probably go for that since they could be assured it only had 10 fingers or less.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads