JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
this could also be a point of interest concerning Safety Issues for the Public. Could use as concern if 114 were to pass putting the public at even more risk!

Its gonna get scary out there.. Setting criminals free so more can be rotated thru the revolving door of our legal and mental system!

But make sure we house the homeless first, and Not Keeping mentally ill criminals off the damn streets!!!
I just dont Understand who or why they thought this was a great idea?

I think a lot of people realize the law can't protect them right now. They have to protect themselves.

So one possible argument is let's say for example a mom or victim of race crime can't even buy a single shot shotgun to protect themselves in their home because of the unfunded clusterfudge from this bill. And if that was done in an interview format with a mother who actually had a crazy break in (or similar), if poeple saw that video then they might have an emotional reaction and at least think twice about this bill.

Similarly one could make a video for each of the biggest problems with this bill and have "round the clock" circulation of video describing the problems and how it will affect real poeple. By around the clock I mean just circulating on its own (virally ideally) via social media.

Has to be a simple message in simple short video with big emotional impact, broad appeal, with real people imo. That's how I would do it anyway. Pointing out one or more big problem(s) that everyone can say "that's just wrong" over and over reaching tons of people is probably most effective I would think. If you can convince someone how bad it is in one elevator ride (I mean verbally - you only have time to explain the one or two huge problems that will get them to say "this is wrong") then you've got it. Lots of ways to skin a cat of course just one option.

1663906957968.png

The Eugene City Club's website now hosts a debate on Measure 114.
The debate will be between one of the sponsors of the measure and... nobody. 🙂

Should be quite a conversation.

1664068727378.png

Friday, September 30th from Noon until 1:15PM at the First United Methodist Church
1376 Olive St.
Eugene, Oregon 97401.

Ask a question of the speakers! Text it to 541-852-0302 during the program.
Watch the program via livestream:

Passing BM114 would shut down sales and transfers for the first weeks or MONTHS of 2023 until Law Enforcement and the State get a Permit to Purchase scheme up and running.

Passing BM114 would shut down sales and transfers for the first weeks or MONTHS of 2023 until Law Enforcement and the State get a Permit to Purchase scheme up and running.
I think we are all aware of this but MY question is where, when and how will this take place?

Who or what will run the 'admin' part? Where will testing take place? Will there be study material produced and locations to take a 'test' ? And where will the 'live fire' demos take place?

Reality is this if this passes it will be a FREEKIN' convoluted mess and will NOT be something that will be resolved in the short term - unless done so by the courts.

Last Edited:
I think we are all aware of this but MY question is where, when and how will this take place?

Who or what will run the 'admin' part? Where will testing take place? Will there be study material produced and locations to take a 'test' ? And where will the 'live fire' demos take place?

Reality is this if this passes it will be a FREEKIN' convoluted mess and will NOT be something that will be resolved in the short term - unless done so by the courts.
I know for a fact, there are several groups who are already drafting their challenges to this for the courts, AND, they are prepared to go the distance if needed!
The state's courts will be forced to stop it, even if only temporarily until it ether gets tossed as unconstitutnal, or bumped to the nutty 9th for a serious arsewhoopin it deserves! If by some miracle it survives the 9th, it will go to SCOTUS who WILL slap the livin sh!t outta it!

I know for a fact, there are several groups who are already drafting their challenges to this for the courts
The sad part is this even needs to happen.

What needs to happen is we somehow need to discredit these incredibly liberal special interest groups like LEVO to the point to where they no longer exist.

We have seen similar groups in the past, who have ultimately come - and gone - but they did not have gun control as their primary endeavor. We are seeing them now unfortunately who do.

Last Edited:

I think a lot of the permit criteria issues are going to be left to the local LE agencies to decide. If you live in a county/city where the LE agencies are 2A friendly it should be relatively easy to get the permit. If you live in Portland fuggedaboutit.

If you live in a county/city where the LE agencies are 2A friendly it should be relatively easy to get the permit.
This may ultimately be the case but only when the program is put into place. The way I interpret it is it is currently a blank slate and if it passes everything will have to designed, drafted, organized and implemented - and on a statewide scale.

This will be no small undertaking and will make CAs ammo BGC sales system look simple by comparison - and that was (and probably still is) a giant clusterfluck.
I think a lot of the permit criteria issues are going to be left to the local LE agencies to decide.
And for them to decide when and where to prioritize it? I doubt many will put this too high on their 'to do' list.....

And - last but not least - it ain't in their 'budget' ....

Last Edited:
I know for a fact, there are several groups who are already drafting their challenges to this for the courts, AND, they are prepared to go the distance if needed!
The state's courts will be forced to stop it, even if only temporarily until it ether gets tossed as unconstitutnal, or bumped to the nutty 9th for a serious arsewhoopin it deserves! If by some miracle it survives the 9th, it will go to SCOTUS who WILL slap the livin sh!t outta it!
They will be told that they don't have standing and therefore the law stays in effect.

Jack

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews