JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
As governor, I will support and enforce stronger background checks for gun purchases and raising the age to purchase certain firearms from eighteen to twenty-one. These are both practical ideas to help keep guns away from people who could be a danger to themselves or others. But new gun laws alone are not enough. Oregon's mental health system is the worst in the nation – I will lead to change that. We need more trained counselors in our schools and empower them to intervene when there are warning signs of trouble. I will support local school districts that want safer school buildings to prevent unauthorized access. We need to support – not demonize or defund – our police. I will put an immediate end to Governor Brown's early release of dangerous criminals onto our streets. We're not going to get anywhere until we stop coddling criminals and lock up the bad guys."
Thanks for taking the time to contact them and posting the follow-up for us.

Both good and bad in there. Definately BLUE when it comes to the 2A. We already have a brownstain for that.

Tougher on crime would be a pleasant change, but I have my doubts that a bi-partisan appeal and compromise will get anything meaningful accomplished. The blue simply wont stand for anything less than "their way". What we need is a governor with a set of brass and willingness to do what's required to get things done... despite all the whiners and karens throwing hissy fits.. not trying to appease them.

They've brought it up in debates and I know there has been ads talking about gun control in Oregon so obviously party lines have been drawn.
Now whether or not Oregons politically inactive actually participate and shoot it down is another matter. Obviously the highly populated metro down ballot types will support its passing, with maybe some not supporting.

Believe someone linked awhile back in this thread a reddit discussion on 114 and how they didn't support it either, they just won't help in conjunction with us here for being too "toxic" but as long as they hold their word. The awareness has grown, more signs are out people are being made aware and the ads attacking are helping raise awareness. No doubt anyone supporting guns is now way more aware on here and thru their own subscription channels. Still would be nice if some of them big named guntubers would come out and show support.

100% confident if it does pass all the major retailers will do like they did with WA and put OR on priority orders just before the bans kick in (ya know gotta help the poor folk and turn a profit).

same response i got a month ago if she would oppose 114 publicly and help us 2a. almost verbatim
I expect she's being told that overt opposition to 114 will cost her votes.

114 slide cost benefit.jpg

I watch a lot of Gun Tubers and I think it's funny there is a Kotek ad before every clip. As if someone who watches product reviews of AKs is going to vote for Kotek. But I guess the point is she spending a fortune on ads.

I'm not sure what Drazan can do about 114 except hurt her campaign by speaking out. No sane 2A supporter is voting Kotek anyway. The real issue for a lot of undecided voters is they are tired of the protestors and the homeless. And they don't like the way Covid was handled. We have to let Kate Brown and her people take the fall for that. We will need Drazan to veto an AWB next summer.

Last Edited:
Nother debate tonight if you plan on tuning in to see what they say about 114, starts at 7pm.

Nother debate tonight if you plan on tuning in to see what they say about 114, starts at 7pm.

Thanks for the info.

Ugh. Had to move to Oregon from Vegas in June due to my cancer diagnosis which sucked. While I love it here the politics suck. My son in law and daughter are voting for the first time with a big NO on114. The good news is that Drazen is up in the polls on FiveThirtyEight.com

Saw my first Drazan yard sign in Hillsboro. Already seen several Johnson signs and literally 2 Tina signs.

A house has a no on 114 sign too near downtown.

As governor, I will support and enforce stronger background checks for gun purchases and raising the age to purchase certain firearms from eighteen to twenty-one. These are both practical ideas to help keep guns away from people who could be a danger to themselves or others.
Does it get any more 'cookie cutter' than this?

I mean to mention you support the lamest and weakest (and often repeated) 'gun control' ideas is pretty 'telling" for me .......

I watch a lot of Gun Tubers and I think it's funny there is a Kotek ad before every clip. As if someone who watches product reviews of AKs is going to vote for Kotek. But I guess the point is she spending a fortune on ads.
It's funny that you've brought this up. I've noticed the exact same thing as well as similar ads from the Giffords organization.

I have yet to see any ads from Kotek's opposition.

Hey Multnomah county voters,

This sounds like a problem if 114 passes. Maybe you should vote against it and tell your friends to do the same thing. Thanks!
sept but can get in till March. 6 months plus training.. So if 114 passes and Sheriffs need more officers just police alone is 6 months out? just for police let alone putting a training program and permit scheme. crazy

I agree.

Her weak comments on being 'pro 2a' because she owns this or that are pretty lame

Also those gigantic glasses and her permafrown really bother me
It's not her comments, but her voting history that matters. The fact remains that Betsy has voted down every piece of (anti) firearm legislation that has been proposed during her time in office.

We don't really have much of a voting record with Drazan, only words.

I understand the desire to pick the 'horse' best poised to defeat Kotek. The reality is that Kotek is losing 35% to 55% right now. The other reality is that
Johnson is likely receiving much more support from moderate (D)s than she is moderate (R)s. The concern being that if Betsy continues to poll lower than the other two, those moderate (D)s will jump ship from Betsy and revert back to Kotek; giving Kotek the edge that she needs to secure victory.

It's a tough conundrum. If Betsy had more (R) voters in her camp, and she was polling closer to the other two, the dynamics of the race might be much less dire. Either way, Johnson (at a minimum) needs to maintain her hold on the voters that have stated that they plan on voting for her; if Kotek(as the worst possible outcome for the 2A) is to be defeated.

Why would you watch Youtube these days without an adblocker?
I remember when Youtube had zero video ads and it should have stayed that way.

Since this is a Measure 114 thread, I was going to stay out of the Governor debate.

Betsy represents Columbia County where I live and has been very good for us. She leans more Republican than Democrat even though she was a Democrat. A while back, she made a comment supporting anti-gun legislation. That really surprised me since she has been pro-2nd as a Democrat.

I understand trying to get votes by trying to please as many voters as possible, but unless things change, she lost my vote.

Kotex never was a choice.

Drazen has been a RINO on at least one important gun bill. She seems to flip flop, but when she had a chance to walk out with the rest of the Republicans, she was the only one that stayed allowing a vote on the anti gun bill - a Democratic win and a loss for 2A.

Why can't the Republicans find a decent candidate?

That is the last time that I will comment on the Governors race and is just my opinion. It is something to think about and should not change any-ones voting preference.

Since this is a Measure 114 thread, I was going to stay out of the Governor debate.

Betsy represents Columbia County where I live and has been very good for us. She leans more Republican than Democrat even though she was a Democrat. A while back, she made a comment supporting anti-gun legislation. That really surprised me since she has been pro-2nd as a Democrat.

I understand trying to get votes by trying to please as many voters as possible, but unless things change, she lost my vote.

Kotex never was a choice.

Drazen has been a RINO on at least one important gun bill. She seems to flip flop, but when she had a chance to walk out with the rest of the Republicans, she was the only one that stayed allowing a vote on the anti gun bill - a Democratic win and a loss for 2A.

Why can't the Republicans find a decent candidate?

That is the last time that I will comment on the Governors race and is just my opinion. It is something to think about and should not change any-ones voting preference.
What is SB554 for $500 Alex!. I recall people here at the time weren't very concerned about it at all and seen it as harmless.

So how's it been everytime you buy a gun in Oregon having to make sure it's secured at time of transaction? Ain't it fun having to do a BGC everytime you do a transfer along with requiring a locking mech and safe storage? (Remember that $6250 fine and jail time 114 promises?) Have you had to deal with personal sales and you getting ripped off from someone not bringing a lock for their gun so you eat a $5 fee? I sure have. Also great knowing the fees for renewal were increased and for first time issue for a CHL.

Actions speak louder than words

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews