JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know the law is the law and none of us really want to break it. But sometimes they're too inclusive while being too vague. Conjecture I've heard is things like the burden is on the seller. Or it's nearly impossible to prove so the law isn't really being enforced. Has anybody seen actual charges brought or a case tried? A sting? A better legal interpretation of who would be charged if a violation occurred?

Scenario one, I receive a firearm from a friend or Co worker to see if I can get it functioning correctly. Things somehow go south, maybe a traffic stop and they see a gun that wasn't legally transferred to me in my car, can I be charged? Can they be charged?

Scenario two, I just don't give a hoot for the law and sell a gun or buy a gun without going through a bcg. Again, it's somehow found out. What if anything is going to happen to the seller? To the buyer?

The burden on Law enforcement is to prove you Own or Transferred something off the books! Who is to say it's not Grand Daddy's old huntin rifle, or, a buddy loaned you his shotgun for a quick tune up? The point is, with out registration, they cant really prove Bubblegum! You have the right to remain silent, and you have the right to not self incriminate, exercise those rights! They can be big dicks and threaten you with all sorts of nasty not nice things, but they cannot prove anything unless you give them evidence otherwise! Keep yer yapper shut, and you shouldn't need to worry!

This just happend in Roseburg, and I don't see anything on illegal transfer of a firearm in a Walmart parking lot.

penalties are in the first paragraph.

no idea if anyones been fined in violation. frankly, what i do with my property is my business. i know shortly after sb941, marion county commissioners issued this resolution:

heres polk county:

Reading the first part of SB941, it sure sounds like if I wanted to transfer a firearm to someone, I'm supposed to be able to just call the state police myself and ask them to check the transferee out. Did I not read far enough? Did this get passed and then written into an ORS that reads different? Anybody ever called and DIY?

Going further down this rabbit hole.

Bryan

I know the law is the law and none of us really want to break it. But sometimes they're too inclusive while being too vague. Conjecture I've heard is things like the burden is on the seller. Or it's nearly impossible to prove so the law isn't really being enforced. Has anybody seen actual charges brought or a case tried? A sting? A better legal interpretation of who would be charged if a violation occurred?

Scenario one, I receive a firearm from a friend or Co worker to see if I can get it functioning correctly. Things somehow go south, maybe a traffic stop and they see a gun that wasn't legally transferred to me in my car, can I be charged? Can they be charged?

Scenario two, I just don't give a hoot for the law and sell a gun or buy a gun without going through a bcg. Again, it's somehow found out. What if anything is going to happen to the seller? To the buyer?
Probably mostly depends on your online presence and political leaning.

Looks like the Easterbrook clown has already been working on his rap sheet. Just another catch and release for him. Maybe if he blows 15 people away in a school yard someone will take notice. Undoubtedly, he is "turning his life around".

This just happend in Roseburg, and I don't see anything on illegal transfer of a firearm in a Walmart parking lot.

"Karcher: Forgery I, Unlawful Purchase of Firearm..."

Or would that have been the initial purchase using the forged $???

Reading the first part of SB941, it sure sounds like if I wanted to transfer a firearm to someone, I'm supposed to be able to just call the state police myself and ask them to check the transferee out. Did I not read far enough? Did this get passed and then written into an ORS that reads different? Anybody ever called and DIY?

Going further down this rabbit hole.

Bryan

At a gun show...

It said one of the men was charged with unlawful purchase of a firearm?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top