JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
At the craphole l used to work at there were signs that said;
NO:
Guns
Knives
Weapons
Illegal Drugs
Allowed on the property.

I was always like, "Doesn't the third thing kinda cover the first two things?" And aren't illegal drugs pretty much a no-go everywhere else, too?"

This is the unthinking heart of the regulatory state.

I had a CWP/CHL in WA state back in the early 90s. I was working for a biotech co. in Redmond - head of s/w QA. I had a little pocket pistol that I had in my briefcase, even back then there were workplace shootings (several in the post office), so I felt I needed to carry to work. The workplace had no written or verbal policy against guns.

I had one snowflake who worked for me who inadvertently saw the pistol one day and apparently reported it. No one ever said a thing to me, but a week or two later a new employee handbook came out and we were required to read it. It said "no illegal weapons on the premises". Well, my pistol was perfectly legal - but I took the hint and stopped carrying it inside the building. It just amazed me that they were that clueless about what was legal and what wasn't - or maybe they weren't and just did that to please the snowflake?

I had a CWP/CHL in WA state back in the early 90s. I was working for a biotech co. in Redmond - head of s/w QA. I had a little pocket pistol that I had in my briefcase, even back then there were workplace shootings (several in the post office), so I felt I needed to carry to work. The workplace had no written or verbal policy against guns.

I had one snowflake who worked for me who inadvertently saw the pistol one day and apparently reported it. No one ever said a thing to me, but a week or two later a new employee handbook came out and we were required to read it. It said "no illegal weapons on the premises". Well, my pistol was perfectly legal - but I took the hint and stopped carrying it inside the building. It just amazed me that they were that clueless about what was legal and what wasn't - or maybe they weren't and just did that to please the snowflake?
I walk right into those places all the time. Out of sight out of mind, and I'd rather be alive in jail than potentially dead or worse...A VICTIM.

In theory, a serial number after the 2015 law went into effect that was never FFL transferred to you could be implicitly viewed as there being an unlawful transfer taking place.

The only time i could see this coming up is if you were under very close scrutiny AKA under investigation and they're really digging to find something or you used the gun in self defense etc.

In theory, a serial number after the 2015 law went into effect that was never FFL transferred to you could be implicitly viewed as there being an unlawful transfer taking place.

Maybe. If you bought a firearm in a "free" state where you were a resident and you bought it privately, then there could/would be no paper on it, regardless of when you bought it. Bear in mind, that a non-fed agency would have to request a BATF traceback of a gun to prove that you bought it illegally, and my impression of Orygun law is that not doing a BGC for a firearm sale is a crime for the seller, but not necessarily for the buyer - if the buyer is not a prohibited person.

Maybe. If you bought a firearm in a "free" state where you were a resident and you bought it privately, then there could/would be no paper on it, regardless of when you bought it. Bear in mind, that a non-fed agency would have to request a BATF traceback of a gun to prove that you bought it illegally, and my impression of Orygun law is that not doing a BGC for a firearm sale is a crime for the seller, but not necessarily for the buyer - if the buyer is not a prohibited person.
Yeah, basically the only cases where i see this becoming an issue is if you used a bought-in-Oregon-after-2015-non-bgc-gun in a high profile self defense situation where the DA wanted to teach you a lesson (maybe a kyle rittenhouse scenario if he were 21+).

Buuuuut, that would still be less than ideal.

Over heard a manager and coworker talking about not being able to carry at work (I know the manager does anyway) I asked where they'd heard that. They said it was in the paperwork during the hiring process. I knew it wasn't in mine because I would have remembered. Checked that night just to be sure. I told the manager (the one who carries daily) I was right and nothing I signed mentioned agreeing to not carry on company property. The next safety meeting they everyone had to sign. This dude went and reported not everyone had been made to sign this agreement that he breaks everyday! Now I break it every day too.

Over heard a manager and coworker talking about not being able to carry at work (I know the manager does anyway) I asked where they'd heard that. They said it was in the paperwork during the hiring process. I knew it wasn't in mine because I would have remembered. Checked that night just to be sure. I told the manager (the one who carries daily) I was right and nothing I signed mentioned agreeing to not carry on company property. The next safety meeting they everyone had to sign. This dude went and reported not everyone had been made to sign this agreement that he breaks everyday! Now I break it every day too.
There is a difference between "can't" and "not supposed to." You "can't" take a gun past airport security... you're "not supposed to" take a gun into a gun-free zone.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top