JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Since when does an AG count Recall petition signatures?

They don't. The letter in the OP was by the Attorney General - I thought that's who you were referring to. As for recalls, no one has set one up for the SOS to count yet - probably because they've so long been shot down no one is too excited to start one again, even with an R at SOS. The last recalls we had here were all shot down by the previous SOS - took a lot of wind out of folk's sails.

The letter in the OP was by the Attorney General - I thought that's who you were referring to.

As did I.
Yes, you are correct Diamondback , Dennis Richards {R} is the current Oregon Secretary of State. I guess we are so transfixed on that joke of an AG that we are talking about in this thread, that we involuntarily saw AG.
While Richards is a step in the right direction {no pun intended} he seems to be mainly concerned with performing the duties of which he was elected to do, a rarity in this state. Unlike our {and your} state AG who seem to think that it is within their scope of office to crusade on national issues that are within the purview of Congress and the White House.

Last Edited:
Just saying, if Team Blue wants to weaponize the IRS etc to use against us, why shouldn't we weaponize the Recall process and use it against them?

Perhaps it is unavoidably our fate to burn... if it is, I say we make the arsonists who put us here feel the "flames" first.

Just saying, if Team Blue wants to weaponize the IRS etc to use against us, why shouldn't we weaponize the Recall process and use it against them?

Perhaps it is unavoidably our fate to burn... if it is, I say we make the arsonists who put us here feel the "flames" first.

I'm all for getting behind recalls, if some folks are willing to try it again and take the lead.

When I was a kid, my parents used to tell me "you cant go out and play until you finish your chores". Perhaps we should start a petition to have that included in the job description of all state officials.

I was reading somewhere that reciprocity was originally written in the Oregon CHL bill but dropped over time under the democrats. Yes, its sickening to be labeled a wannabe murderer by people who know better but have to push their illegal agenda. I don't think they know why. They pass a law that does nothing and before it even takes affect want to naje another one.

not that I remember and I was in the hearings when we got Shall Issue passed in 89

not that I remember and I was in the hearings when we got Shall Issue passed in 89

Oregon CHL Reciprocity

Unfortunately, even though the original CHL law required the secretary of state in Oregon to negotiate reciprocity agreements, none ever were, and that part of the law was quietly dropped. There have been several efforts to revise the law in Oregon to provide reciprocity but these have been blocked in one way or another (no prizes for guessing which party is responsible for this).

I know Abe Lincoln said you can't believe everything you read on the internet. I recently renewed my permit. Was checking to see if any more states were added.

As I said I was involved in the discussions of Vera Kats 1989 Firearms bill which gave us Shall Issue and I do not remember anything about Reciprocity. And at the time there were very few states that even had Shall issue Permits.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top