JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This event has passed and there are no upcoming dates

Upcoming Dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has passed and there are no upcoming dates
i cant understand why a gun show ends at noon, 7am start?????????????
It's always ended at noon, and for good reason. By noon there's far more guys behind the tables than there are in front of the tables. So with the crowds through the door pretty much dying after noon, there's no reason to stick around for one or two stragglers to walk in.

more reasonable hours would encourage more attendance, maybe more out of town attendees. the same thing is going on with car shows in this area. who wants to get up at 5AM on a saturday. i always had to work a half day on saturday anyway. the only time i ever got up early on saturday was to go hunting.

more reasonable hours would encourage more attendance, maybe more out of town attendees. the same thing is going on with car shows in this area. who wants to get up at 5AM on a saturday. i always had to work a half day on saturday anyway. the only time i ever got up early on saturday was to go hunting.
OAC has had the same early Sunday schedule for many more decades than I can even recall? I know I've been attending them since the 1980's and always been this way. I bet they'd lose as many attendees by switching to later time as they'd gain by switching. I doubt they'd see any difference in attendance at the door.

As a hotrodder, and car show attendee, I'm not keen on 5:00 a.m. either. But I only know of one show around Portland that I need to get up that early for, and even then I'm late getting there if I head out at 5:00 a.m.! Portland Tranny's Mother's Day show has always been a dark start, but it gets 700+ cars even with that early start.
All the others are at least 8:00 a.m. or later, so no problem sleeping in until 7:00 or so.

It's always ended at noon, and for good reason. By noon there's far more guys behind the tables than there are in front of the tables. So with the crowds through the door pretty much dying after noon, there's no reason to stick around for one or two stragglers to walk in.
Sounds like a bunch of bored vendors who have to get home for lunch. Why even bother with those limited hours? You take the good with the bad at any gun show and you stick it out all day. Regardless how many people are on any side of the table. Would you operate a burger joint like that? How about a grocery store? IMO......lazy vendors.

Sounds like a bunch of bored vendors who have to get home for lunch. Why even bother with those limited hours? You take the good with the bad at any gun show and you stick it out all day. Regardless how many people are on any side of the table. Would you operate a burger joint like that? How about a grocery store? IMO......lazy vendors.
Sorry you can't get up early, or live too far away.
But your example of restaurants doesn't float any boats either. There are numerous places that only open for breakfast, and do a very brisk business from 6:00-12:00. Or places only open for dinner too.
Just because some people don't get up early doesn't mean others don't, and like getting to the show, and getting through it, so they still have there whole day ahead. Many drive a couple hours just to be there when it opens, and are all done before 9:00 a.m.
As for vendors being bored, I think any table holder who is up at 4:00 a.m., and getting his guns loaded, driving out to be at a show when the doors unlock at 6:00 a.m., just to be ready when the public arrives at 7:00 a.m., is hardly shirking or bored.

Sounds like someone who has never been involved with running a gun show. Having run a small show for the past several years I can assure you that the vendors will stay until the customers dry up. Our show used to be open 8:00-3:00. Most times there wouldn't be five new faces through the door after 2:00 and lots of the vendors would pack up by then. So we started closing at 2:00 and there still aren't more than a few new people in the door the last hour and vendors are packing up by 1:00. 90% of sales are made by 11:00.

Having been a participant in the OAC show for a number of years I've seen the place at all hours of operation and there isn't much going on after 11:00.

We always keep our own tables set up until the end of the show in deference to the few who do come in, but from a sales standpoint there is really no point in it. Most of the late--comers are looky-loo's and tire-kickers. Serious buyers get there while the popular items are still available. If we had more vendors than tables we could lean on them to stay until the end, but we run a small show and can't afford to lose any vendors if we can help it.

yes but the best buys are on sunday close to closing time. i know dealers don't like that but it is reality. as a buyer i am looking for good deals or unpopular items, dealers are looking for profit. the popular items are the best profit margins. so where do we come together on price. i have been on both sides of the table so i have a little experience . the popular items are widely available, so why would i go there?

yes but the best buys are on sunday close to closing time. i know dealers don't like that but it is reality. as a buyer i am looking for good deals or unpopular items, dealers are looking for profit. the popular items are the best profit margins. so where do we come together on price. i have been on both sides of the table so i have a little experience . the popular items are widely available, so why would i go there?
Maybe there are bargains to be had the 2nd day of a two day show, close to closing. But it's also likely anything that was a real buy, or something really cool to buy, went away before noon that first day!
I've attended gun shows for 40 years, and had tables at OAC for 25 years, and any good buys I've ever made were within the first couple hours of our Sunday show opening. And the big two day show I've sold large numbers of guns or accessories Sat. before noon, and occasionally Sunday morning. But otherwise it's pretty rare to sell much late in a show.
And guys who do a number of gun shows wont "give" things away just because it's near the end. They'll take them home, and try again at the next show.

good point. but asking price can be quite different from actual sale price. always room for negotiation. i am afraid gun shows are a thing of the past. went to albany show today, big dissapointment. albany show is usually very good, not this time. the last 5 or 6 shows i have been to were pretty bad.

good point. but asking price can be quite different from actual sale price. always room for negotiation. i am afraid gun shows are a thing of the past. went to albany show today, big dissapointment. albany show is usually very good, not this time. the last 5 or 6 shows i have been to were pretty bad.
Darn, I was planning on driving down for the Albany show, but spaced it out! Sounds like I didn't miss anything then. Stayed home and loaded up BP cartridges for my .45-70 and .44-77 single shot rifles. Probably a better use of my time anyway.

Darn, I was planning on driving down for the Albany show, but spaced it out! Sounds like I didn't miss anything then. Stayed home and loaded up BP cartridges for my .45-70 and .44-77 single shot rifles. Probably a better use of my time anyway.
LOVE those single shots

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads