Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Oregon arms collectors gun show

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Marlin 1888, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Marlin 1888

Marlin 1888 Tigard Member

I attended the OREGON ARMS COLLECTORS GUN SHOW today. In my opinion it is a much better show than the Expo gun show. No tee shirts or Beany Babies. It is a two day show and if you like guns and want to see some great displays swing by there tomorrow. The address is: 8439 NE. Columbia Blvd. Portland Oregon.

2. rayd8

rayd8 Formerly Portland, now Alabama! Member

What is parking and admission run?

Thanks.

3. Natty Bumpo

Natty Bumpo Clackamas County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I couldn't agree more. It has always (past 20 years) been that way. More focus on guns and less on trash. And, since it is smaller, there is not the parking hassle, the parking fees, the higher admission. Bigger is not better.

4. Grizzly_A

Grizzly_A Portland Metro Area Member

What is the selection like? Are there more collector pieces or general arms and ammo like the expo show?

5. Marlin 1888

Parking is free. I am not sure about admission as I am a member and we get in at no charge. I think the admission is $5.00 to $7.00 and well worth it.

6. Marlin 1888

There is definitely more collector firearms of all vintages. You won't see stacks of new weapons in the box. Some of the things that interested me were: Marlin .22 cal. lever action case color rifles from the 1930,s to 1950's era. and some later blued ones. Military rifles from trap door Springfields to M1 Garrands, There is something there for everyone.

7. nitetime

nitetime Springtucky Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

How often do they have them? It seems like I hear about them to late to attend. Sounds like my kind of show.. Got my fill of the Beany Babys.:laugh:

8. Marlin 1888

We have a two day show ONCE A YEAR, it is in late August.