Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

OREGON AR15 questions

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by jmac3434, Oct 13, 2010.

1. jmac3434

jmac3434 SE portland Member

I have been searching for a while now i havent come up with anything. What are the laws in Oregon pertaining to barell lengths and magazine capacity or any other regulations when buying a AR15? Thanks for your help in advance.

2. roxzor

roxzor Milwaukie, OR New Member

I believe there are no specific regulations for Oregon. Of course, you still need to be aware of federal regulations on barrel length etc..

3. spengo

spengo GLORIOUS CASCADIA Active Member

There are no Oregon regs. Federal law is all that applies.

That means no magazine limit, you can have 100rd c-mags or infinite ammo belt fed if you want. The shortest barrel you can have without paying a tax is 16" (or 14.5" with a flash hider pinned to make it the legal 16"). If you want a shorter barrel it is an NFA item and that means filling out paperwork, paying the government $200, and waiting 3 months to get approved. If you have a registered SBR you can have a 1" barrel if you want. Federal crap, nothing to do with Oregon specifically though. Same thing if you want a sound suppressor or full auto, and the same thing but only $5 to transfer for AOW.

4. jmac3434

jmac3434 SE portland Member

ok sounds good, thanks for the info.