JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Are you up to task of challenging the license to purchase portion of IP17, assuming voters pass it (99.99% sure they will)? My belief is that FFLs and Customers will suffer damages because they won't have the licensing scheme in place by Jan 1st, 2023 which is when the law will take effect. This means FFLs will not be able to release firearms to customers since they won't have their license to purchase. At the very least there should be an injunction halting the license to purchase requirement until the licensing process is created and active? Ideally I would like to see the license to purchase requirement halted until the courts decide whether it's constitutional or not.

Edit: Assuming voters pass it and you think there is a good opportunity to challenge it. What will the ideal plaintiff and circumstances look like?
That's a good question. I do think there's a legitimate US and Oregon Constitutional challenge against those proposed licensing requirements. But I don't think the bill is likely to get through as it's currently stated. We'll see what happens, but I'd certainly be interested in looking into it. Honestly, the ideal plaintiff in most lawsuits where the underlying theme is liberal fear of gun violence, are women. Because they're very unlikely to commit gun violence, statistically.

Keeping the age of majority at 21 helps skew statistics for gun violence. The number of "children killed or injured by guns" is boosted when gang bangers shoot each other, if you keep the age at 21. That's how the mind of gun control freaks works.

Won't age issues largely in part be 'null and void' if SP 114 passes?

I don't foresee a lot of younger people jumping through the hoops of whatever system may eventually be put in place to 'check off' all the requirements to buy a firearm IF SB 114 was to pass - and I am vehemently hoping it does NOT.

I don't foresee a lot of younger people jumping through the hoops of whatever system may eventually be put in place to 'check off' all the requirements to buy a firearm IF SB 114 was to pass - and I am vehemently hoping it does NOT.

I agree, lots of youngsters won't even go through the hoops to obtain a drivers license, LOL

I firmly believe that is the exact intention. it's not about keeping guns away from bad actors... like they are trying to sell it. It IS about making so many hoops that it becomes too bothersome and too expensive for many to follow though with excercising their right.

Last Edited:
I firmly believe that is the exact intention. it's not about keeping guns away from bad actors... like they are trying to sell it. It IS about making so many hoops that it becomes too bothersome and too expensive for many to follow though with excercising their right.

Kinda like hunting! I gave up years back when I realized I was violating rules that I had never heard of and didn't make any sense.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top