Simply Triggers
Oregon Rifleworks
Low Price Guns
J&B Firearm Sales
Southwest Firearms
Sporting Systems

GrayGoose

Reactions
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed."

I don't see any definition of "the people" excluding anyone based on age. Just saying... The .Guv wouldn't violate the US Constitution, would they?

3MTA3

Reactions
At 18 you have have exceeded your minority and and no longer a minor but instead are an adult, now working towards your majority at 21. You can be drafted and are held every bit as responsible and accountable as an adult. I see no place in the USSC that states that our unalienable rights are age dependent.

kmk1012

Reactions
Our Rights begin at our birth, there is no language in our Constitution or B.o.R. that places limits on who can or cannot enjoy those rights, or at what age they start to apply!
Very true! My children, all four of them (that I know of, LOL) all got their first firearm at the age of four. That is the age they get to pull the trigger for the first time, with my help of course. Putting age limits on these things discourages use of them and promotes ignorance of said tools. My three oldest kids all have their own membership at our range and do not require supervision. I do supervise them but only because I’m always proud to watch them practice safety at all the times. They even point out other members not doing things correctly. I believe that making someone wait until they are an adult makes for some very dangerous situations unless they have someone to “show them the ropes”

RicInOR

Reactions

JohnnyMac

Reactions
It's a win-win. 18-20 year olds get the right to purchase firearms back and the retailers get to flaunt their Virtue Signaling (Look at us, we tried to make everyone safer) but ultimately will increase profits as they now will have to sell tools of death to those dangerous 18-20 year olds.

A surprising but welcome ruling; I remember reading about the initial dismissal of the case at the lower level and actually thought that that was better in the long run. Getting this reversed by the Appeals court is going to carry a lot more weight!

Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Let Freedom Ring
Cerberus Training Group
Sporting Systems
Copeland Custom Gunworks
Southwest Firearms

Upcoming Events

Jefferson State Shooting Association Gun Show
Klamath Falls, OR
Wes Knodel Gun Shows
Redmond, OR
Rickreall Winter Gun Show