JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Kudos to FullMetalJerk for the video on Jan-2019's newest batch of over-reaching anti-gun legislation by Oregon's newest batch of "Progressive" Liberal$! We all know the real goal is NO guns or ammo in the hands of private Oregon citizens! To that end they continue with new roadblocks, restrictions, mandatory wait periods, much higher permit fees (I mean taxes), new permit/tax requirements layered on top of existing ones, trying to make it so hard and punishing to the average gun owner that they give up! New laws to back up some of the restrictions have expanded mandatory jail sentences and/or outrageous fines, etc, etc, etc!! They have recycled some bills that didn't pass last session along with a plethora of new ones! It is obvious that they were hard at work drafting new gun legislation well before they even took office! Such hard-working and dedicated anti-gun legislators! Perhaps if they put even half that effort towards other needed legislation they would hear the applause from all over Oregon? Nope, it's too late for that!! As planned, they will make criminals out of ALL Oregon gun owners one way or another if left unchecked! Have gun owners freedoms been restricted enough yet? Is the boiled frog dead yet? It's past time for a "call to arms", figuratively speaking. A call for us all to get out of our comfort zones and raise our collective hands, volunteering our time and monies to fight for all we are worth to save the guns rights guaranteed by our nations constitution. You know the one lawmakers, it's the same one you pledge to abide by when sworn in!! Our forefathers knew exactly why we needed to protect our right to bear arms! It was to be used as the last resort option against tyranny be it foreign or domestic! (Domestic, that's YOU liberal Oregon over reaching law makers)! Our forefathers had their fill of it under King George and swore never again! Man! I got a back ache from standing on my soap box too long!

There are other forums on this site identifying all the gun bills put forth this January and detailed info about them:

A couple of those sounded good for us, like reciprocity and allowing an adjoining county to issue CHLs.
Also, I think he totally missed the boat when it comes to fireworks and tracers with regard to fire suppression... that one has nothing to do with gun control except for the inclusion of tracers and exploding targets. I never advocate for restrictions, and I'm not endorsing this one, I just think he was off-point in his rebuke.

Has Salem figured out a way to profit from the black market? They sure seem intent on expanding it... 20 rds/month? GFY.

what they are doing is bringing out these really bad bills for voters to look at on their ballots to condition them so they will pass other garbage laws in the future.
For that reason alone is why I'm in favor of a constitutional amendment that puts a sunset clause on EVERY SINGLE LAW. Yes, that includes rape, murder, property crimes, ALL of them.

Well gosh, Yuma... why would you want rape decriminalized? Or muder?

I DON'T! I want these numbskulls too busy re-ratifying REAL "common sense" laws that they don't have time to listen to bullsnit arguments and debate over new stupid laws and old inconsequential laws could expire... can't park your horse in the city hall lobby? No time for that, let it expire. You want a 5 rd mag limit? No such thing, you're stupid, try again next year cuz we're busy.

It's terribly unfortunate that we need to give our legiscritters busy-work to keep them from f**king with us. I don't care. They asked, Begged for the job and now they've got it. Same reason I'll never give cover to a POTUS who cries about the economy or any other situation that they "inherited" from the previous administration... that includes DJT. It may be true, but I don't care. Do your job.

Last Edited:
A couple of those sounded good for us, like reciprocity and allowing an adjoining county to issue CHLs.
Also, I think he totally missed the boat when it comes to fireworks and tracers with regard to fire suppression... that one has nothing to do with gun control except for the inclusion of tracers and exploding targets. I never advocate for restrictions, and I'm not endorsing this one, I just think he was off-point in his rebuke.

Has Salem figured out a way to profit from the black market? They sure seem intent on expanding it... 20 rds/month? GFY.
Your right johnyuma, I was just so worked up about the bad stuff all I saw was red, Communist red! I totally forgot about several good law proposals in the current batch. Thanks for the clarification.

There's no way the bill for 20 rounds a month will pass I hope anyway. But what they are doing is bringing out these really bad bills for voters to look at on their ballots to condition them so they will pass other garbage laws in the future. I guarantee you this is a move right out of their playbook. Hopefully Oregon firearms federation can stop them from even getting that one on the ballot like they did with other proposals last year. Either way your looking at the goal of these loonies. 10 round mags or less for all Oregonians. Welcome to California I hope all you gun loving dems realize who your voting into office.

Do we even get to vote on any of these or is it a boondoggle decided by the Senate?

Last Edited:
Do we even get to vote on any of these or is it a boondoggle decided by the Senate?
Nope, no vote. Not that a vote would be anything I'd want to face anyways, after what happened in Washington with 1639. Also, our voting got Kate Brown re-elected...so...that's pretty much hopeless for anyone concerned with 2A/gun rights.

So we're screwed
In some way or another yes. I don't think a bill like sb501 could ever pass in its entirety because it's so flagrantly unconstitutional that even the Dems know it. But some of it will stick. That's why they throw 10 to 20 bills out at once, knowing that something will catch... then its up to the courts to overturn it. The Supreme Court is just now handling its first 2A case in about 10 years. New York law. Turning people into felons overnight by not grandfathering firearms is pretty damn unconstitutional no matter how you break it down.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top