JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My reps dont respond to me. But why should they? If I was a politician and just won a majority, I'd pop into the office for about an hour each day to delete emails and throw away letters and then spend the rest of the day golfing
I think you just described Rep Greenlick. Every town hall I've been to, it's pretty clear he's going off the cuff on how well he is informed about events at the capitol.

I think you just described Rep Greenlick. Every town hall I've been to, it's pretty clear he's going off the cuff on how well he is informed about events at the capitol.
There's a vid on "Laughing at Liberals" that has him saying he gets several E-mails a week or is it a day, on gun restrictions people are worried about.
It floored me! SEVERAL, is that all. I wrote him myself like 4 times last session and I'm from Springfield/Eugene! He could give a rats bubblegum what I think but he might care about Several E-mails or CALLS from his own Voters!
If Everyone from his District that posts on this Forum wrote him today what influence may it have????

I guess we'll never know:(

Mine are Hayward and Helm. I email the others but not a peep. even if they told me to F off I think I'd be at least a little more satisfied.

They almost all come off as pompous and above the "little people" don't they?
The longer in power (and they have a lock on it in OR), the worse they become!

Subject matter of vaccines aside, the man merely calling her out on her hypocrisy gets a telling off for "impugning" her, and a warning from the other witch as well! Too bad Oregon hasn't any re-education camps to send this guy to, what nerve to question her authority.
Don't worry about her gun Legislation/votes though. She has said like many of them that she owns a gun herself.
Only common sense Bills will be passed by her and her Party, rest assured!:mad:

She was not even elected! Hayward was appointed to the senate in 2011 by commissioners from Multnomah and Washington counties following the resignation of her predecessor, Suzanne Bonamici.

I get that the number of deaths may be accurate, but to insinuate that the reason behind the numbers is the lack of a private sale loophole is idiotic and grabbing at low hanging fruit, even for these people.

2/3 rds are suicides. I wonder how many vehicle accident deaths are suicide, but that's definitely a low number. Maybe they should "do the most good for the most people" - a reverse triage principle in crisis - and check on what kills the most people and is preventable. Medical error with some 400K deaths per year comes to mind. Obesity, diabetes, and cardiovascular disease comes to mind.

If you want to address violence, you need to name and categorize it properly, then you need to find the root cause (not the symptoms). Poverty, lack of education, population density and mental health. And of course, recidivism - letting people out of jail early, so they can try again.

Of course, blaming the gun is much easier than addressing any root cause.

BTW, did you notice that politics always revolves around mass shootings? Say 200-400 dead per year. People don't really care about the 10,000 number, as it involves mostly blacks, poor people, under privileged minorities, gangs and drug dealers. They do care to use these obscene numbers to make their point about how bad "guns" are, but not really to ask what could be possibly wrong with education and poverty.

For those in Washington County, Sen. Chuck Riley (i.e. "I took $85,000 from the gun control groups Brady and Everytown/Bloomberg) will be having a coffee on March 28th.

From his facebook page:
"Thank you everyone for helping me find a great spot for my next constituent coffee. I have now scheduled it for March 28th at 10:00 a.m. at "Hits the Spot Cafe" in North Plains, located at 10355 NW Glencoe Rd, North Plains, OR 97133. Please mark your calendars and join me in discussing issues that matter to you."

For those in Washington County, Sen. Chuck Riley (i.e. "I took $85,000 from the gun control groups Brady and Everytown/Bloomberg) will be having a coffee on March 28th.

From his facebook page:
"Thank you everyone for helping me find a great spot for my next constituent coffee. I have now scheduled it for March 28th at 10:00 a.m. at "Hits the Spot Cafe" in North Plains, located at 10355 NW Glencoe Rd, North Plains, OR 97133. Please mark your calendars and join me in discussing issues that matter to you."
Oh, Ill be there.. With a sign calling them bigots.

83% of firearm owners agree with extortion and registratiom..er' I mean background checks?

Dodging bullets in our forests?

Where the bubblegum do they get this crap?!

They get to make stuff up and don't have to provide proof. It then becomes considered "fact" because it's politically useful.

The 83% also came up from one of the Mom's Demand Bloomberg loonies during the Clackamas County Comission meeting with the additional claim that it was 83% of NRA members who wanted the additional background checks. Heavy boos and mocking laughter from the crowd ensued...

They get to make stuff up and don't have to provide proof. It then becomes considered "fact" because it's politically useful.

The 83% also came up from one of the Mom's Demand Bloomberg loonies during the Clackamas County Comission meeting with the additional claim that it was 83% of NRA members who wanted the additional background checks. Heavy boos and mocking laughter from the crowd ensued...
Man, that makes my blood boil.

Please now is the time for all of us to stand together and martial an offense response against these foolish gun bills. Thanks.

Maybe some of us can keep Lars Larsen up to date on these developments. Thanks again. tkdguy

Here's the way I look at gun control;

Once the Govt. takes away OUR right to keep & Bear arms, they have the POWER to TOTALLY control us.

AND THEY WILL.

Other countries will then have the ability to invade the USA, because, unlike before, there will not be "A gun behind every blade of grass".

I'm 66, so whether it happens in my lifetime or not, I'll just wait & see.

But it WILL HAPPEN.

The dumbing down of America, the lack of education, the obliviot young people with headsets on, the fascination with the Kardashians, (And Bruce (or is it Brucette') Jenner, Most Mom & Dads working to afford 2 new SUV's and that 4000 sq. ft. house and sending their kids to Dubai for graduation from HS:confused::confused:, and MUCH More.....

Those are but a few reasons why it will happen.

And, strangely enough, I saw this coming 30 years ago:confused::(:rolleyes:o_O
(Maybe I missed my calling.....I could have been a "visionary"...:rolleyes:)

I'm not a Republican, not a Democrat, not a Liberalterian, not a Peace & Freedom Party....NONE OF THEM.

As long as there are people who batch on line and do nothing about what they are batching about, there really is no hope.

There are 35,000 +/- members here?
About 10-20 are active in doing something...............:D

It will affect my Son, but he's not doing too much to fight for his rights.......

If you are a politician, or involved with politics, you are probably not an honest person...... ...PERIOD.

I despise politicians.

But then again, one should NOT be "Stupidly Honest" either......

I'm going back to my happy place now.....:cool::):rolleyes:o_O:eek::D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads