JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
IF you believe that gun safety and storage is a matter of personal responsibility and opposed to the legislation proposed below, you might want to take action.

From the article:

Senate Bill 1026, a bill which would create the crime of endangering a minor by allowing access to a firearm, was introduced last week by state Senator Chuck Riley (D-15), state Representative Barbara Smith Warner (D-45) and state Representative Alissa Keny-Guyer (D-46). This bill would essentially take away one's inherent right to self-defense by requiring individuals to lock-up their firearms, or render them inoperable. Failure to do so would be punishable by up to five years imprisonment, a fine of up to $125,000, or both.

Gun safety and storage is a matter of personal responsibility and every person's situation is different. It is unreasonable for the law to impose a one-size-fits-all solution. Gun owners who live in high crime areas, or those who live in rural areas, oftentimes have different requirements than others.

Senator Riley, one of the bill sponsors, won his election in 2014 after former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg and his anti-gun organization, Everytown for Gun Safety, contributed $75,000 to his campaign. Senator Riley, along with Governor Kate Brown and other anti-gun legislators, continue to push Bloomberg's anti-gun agenda in Oregon.

Please contact your state Senator in opposition to SB 1026! Politely ask your Senator to urge leadership not to consider SB 1026. Also, please contact Senate President Peter Courtney in opposition to SB 1026.

NRA-ILA | Oregon: Another Bill Introduced to Infringe on Right to Self-Defense

The same type of bill was introduced in Wa. last month & it did not make it out of committee, thank God. Good news? On a side note yes but the bad news is that the anti-gun anti-constitution Bloombots will get the same crap bills (AWB, mag capacity ban and the like) on initiatives and they will pass!!!!! We have got to give it a good fight or just roll over and become felons over night.

Guys, I got a warning from the NRA-ILA about Oregon SB 719-5, and similar warnings from other pro bill of rights sources about it. But when I wrote letters to Oregon representatives one, Debora Boone, a democrat, said I was wrong and there wasn't anything in it that addressed gun rights. Why the disconnect?
Thanks,
Glen Linscheid

Guys, I got a warning from the NRA-ILA about Oregon SB 719-5, and similar warnings from other pro bill of rights sources about it. But when I wrote letters to Oregon representatives one, Debora Boone, a democrat, said I was wrong and there wasn't anything in it that addressed gun rights. Why the disconnect?
Thanks,
Glen Linscheid

Send Boone this link, and ask her why the rush to gut-n-stuff yet another bill for gun control. She probably only read the brief description of the original intent of SB719.

Amendment -5 is listed for her reading pleasure.
Oregon Legislative Information System

Obvious long term solution with the added satisfaction of sticking it to the gun grabbers would be to abstain from having children.
Safety issue eventually resolved, they can no longer promote theft via taxes citing "for the children" and you can daily watch them sweat and fret as their precious tax base dwindles when the population declines( but rent will become affordable). Besides, with all the falderal some place on their pets, children will hardly be missed.
Ok, I know at least one of you reading this that needs the disclaimer: "I'm kidding":D
Or am I?;)

Obvious long term solution with the added satisfaction of sticking it to the gun grabbers would be to abstain from having children. Safety issue eventually resolved, they can no longer promote theft via taxes citing "for the children"

Indeed, always for the children. So they can grow up and leave because there are no jobs here.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top