JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone have suggestions on a gunsmith that can chop a Ruger 22/45 barrel to 4" and thread?

Tornado tech doesn't do ruger 22 pistols and has big backlog. Would like to avoid shipping if possible.

Dan

The main problem you're going to have with finding someone is that the barrel on a 22/45 is also the receiver and carries with it some extra paperwork/transfer requirements. You can ship your 10/22 barrel off to Que (who does great work) to get it threaded without a problem because you're not shipping the receiver, but he won't do 22/45 barrels because he's not a licensed FFL. I don't know of anyone who would do it, you may be money-ahead to get a new Tactical Solutions upper or a new factory-threaded gun from Ruger.

You could try Tom Denall, if anyone will do it it would be him. His prices are very reasonable, although there's probably a couple week wait.

You could try Beavercreek Armory in Hillsboro. I was in there yesterday, and they have disply guns that have been threaded, also stating that they do it. Just a thought.

http://www.beavercreekarmory.com/gunsmithing.php

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The world is full of Kings and Queens, who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It's Heaven and Hell..........
Beaver creek will do it, but he wants $350. I might as well buy a new threaded model for that.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Will try to get ahold of Tom in bend and see if the drive over would be worth it.

I wasn't aware of the price. If I had known, I may not have suggested it. That does seem spendy for sure......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The world is full of Kings and Queens, who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It's Heaven and Hell..........

Anyone have suggestions on a gunsmith that can chop a Ruger 22/45 barrel to 4" and thread?

Tornado tech doesn't do ruger 22 pistols and has big backlog. Would like to avoid shipping if possible.

Dan

Tornado Technologies in Hillsboro. Great work. They can do anything. And they are an FFL as I recall.

Reading comprehension not so good today?

Last Edited:
Tom Denall (T.D. Manufacturing, LLC) in Bend has threaded a number of barrels for me. He did a similar operation on a Ruger Mark I bull barrel earlier this year. He does good work and his prices are reasonable.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top