JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
ila_logo.jpg

Just got this report from the NRA, thought everyone should know!
Remember foolishness and evil from either Oregon or Washington
tends to migrate to the other state. :eek:

Oregon Legislature Adjourns 2016 Session
or-sign-4.jpg
Today, the Oregon Legislature adjourned its 2016 Legislative Session. This year saw the introduction and defeat of two dangerous and misguided anti-gun bills, Senate Bill 1551 and House Bill 4147.

SB 1551 sought to strip away a person's ability to purchase a firearm based solely on an allegation without affording due process of the law. An anonymous phone call or internet submission, alleging that a person is experiencing a "mental health emergency," would place a 30 day hold on all firearm purchases unless the accused petitions the court for relief. The accused would be saddled with the burden of proving their mental competency by "clear and convincing evidence," thereby creating a system of "guilty until proven innocent."

HB 4147 sought to remove the current safeguard that prevents indefinite delays on firearm transfers which allows federal firearms dealers (FFL) to release a firearm after three business days if the Oregon State Police (OSP) are unable to determine whether a recipient is prohibited from possessing a firearm. This deferral from OSP does not necessarily mean the recipient is prohibited, but rather that OSP is not satisfied with the background check inquiry and a determination has not yet been made.

Thank you to all NRA members and Second Amendment supporters for your active involvement throughout the 2016 legislative session. Your NRA will continue to stand and fight for the rights of law-abiding gun owners and sportsmen across Oregon

Last Edited:
If someone repeatedly abuses you and you stand by and let it happen again and again its your fault.

They have shown time and time that they will go for our throats at the first opportunity. Time to end this. This is an election year and WE must restore balance to the Oregon legislature or these and others WILL pass next year. We need to throw off the gloves and go for their throats relentlessly. Not just for guns, but for the rest of the stupidity they force down our throats.

Last Edited:
Ive said it before as unpopular as it is, stop thinking lobbies will save your arse and get off your duffs and get involved locally. I can hear it now lobbies will go about preaching the same words I am . Yet they get cash to say it and they do nothing and will do nothing until next session then they will get all riled up and make it seem how mad they are and are not going to take it.
Next year has many promises of mental illness reports, so called hi caps, And I hear they are looking at conceal carry safety range classes requirements. Lobbies will report this soon too I am sure.

That one member had a point with his post, we need proactive legislation.
Perhaps some that end this harassment, worded perfectly so that these snakes in the grass can't slip in unconstitutional bills.

I do think an anti harassment bill needs to be passed for us firearm owners. Its OUR state, we shouldnt feel like we're being attacked every political session. We need to put an absolute halt to it somehow.

Last Edited:
Next we should be focusing our efforts on the upcoming elections... Supporting those who will stand up for and protect our rights.

We need to support them physically, financially, and morally... We have a fight on our hands folks, we either engage and try to win it for the good guys, or next legislative season we'll surely loose serious ground...

Ive said it before as unpopular as it is, stop thinking lobbies will save your arse and get off your duffs and get involved locally. I can hear it now lobbies will go about preaching the same words I am . Yet they get cash to say it and they do nothing and will do nothing until next session then they will get all riled up and make it seem how mad they are and are not going to take it.
Next year has many promises of mental illness reports, so called hi caps, And I hear they are looking at conceal carry safety range classes requirements. Lobbies will report this soon too I am sure.
And what is the grand plan you have?

Don't fool yourselves. Your "activism" didn't do sheite to stall these bills. The one and ONLY reason they "died" was because it's an election year.... period. :rolleyes:

And when the drones in Multnomah, Washington, and Linn/Benton counties reelect the same ol' anti-2A schmucks along Democrat party lines it'll be right back on the table (and more) until the next election cycle approaches, then they'll make a "show" and not actually pass any more infringements, then get reelected... rinse and repeat. o_O

I seriously want off this hampster wheel. :mad:

And what is the grand plan you have?
There is one in every group:rolleyes:, well deal friend we have started locally here a group of over 3000 members to help support our guns right. We are the only group in Oregon to openly oppose and actively ignore last summers passing. Instead of counting on failed work done by lobbies we are working locally so next year we will represent a large area without needing funds and backing we are working all together as one, no leaders. No special interest, no begging for money.

The mistake that is made in my opinion everyone wants lobbies and others to fix and put a band-aid on it. And there is way to much biased in these local lobbies as well.
So whats the plan to work in our community because thats where it starts.
Prozanski is in our area so we are making sure he knows it. What are we doing thats what we are doing. We are made up of lawyers, professionals , state police, local pd and Sheriffs as well no one is singled out no one has an agenda we are making sure all freemen and women in our area have a voice. You want specifics well we only supply that to those who want to get busy in their communities. There is no rinse and repeat here as Stomper mentioned and I agree. If we do not stand locally then we can not complain. People want to dump money on Oregon Lobbies thats a persons right and it will stop nothing. At least we wont be paying someone to give us the shaft.
So what we are doing is that, what we are not doing is taking money to do it.

I think that explains it enough, not going to be an open book as we are private and don't have to be open. It always amazes me when people get annoyed when I want to hold lobbies accountable.
Do people realize every lobby no matter what the cause is self serving and gets paid to do what they do? The more desperate the cause the more the money flows, to think otherwise is just silly. I wont answer or respond to our group further thats my private life and is a Nunya.

:s0042:

^^^ In other words, you're a lobbyist. It's OK to say so. But I believe that it's wrong to put down every other person that is also lobbying for their 2A rights. Meeting with legislators, writing emails, position papers, and spreading the word are all the actions of responsible citizens.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top