Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Ordering combo deals vs FFL taxes in WA

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by 8ball, Apr 12, 2014.

1. 8ball

8ball WA Quit talkin' and start chalking!

I've paid taxes in WA on FFL transfers before of course, but I didn't think about it when I ordered several of these lower plus optic deals from PSA.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/inde...t-pictogram-lower-and-vortex-sparc-optic.html

Do you think the FFL is going to charge me tax on the full price of $159, even though some part of that is the optic? I suspect so, because the invoice just says:

Blemished PSA Bullet Pictogram Lower and Vortex Sparc Optic

$159.99

I guess I learned my lesson! :mad:

2. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

yes, ffl will not subtract the price of optic.

stmcelroy likes this.
  3. PuddleMonkey

PuddleMonkey Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

prepare your anus!

4. Spray-n-pray

Spray-n-pray Battle Ground Moderator Staff Member

Nice

uploadfromtaptalk1397399394937.jpg

5. SomeDude

SomeDude Portland, OR Reclaimer

So how does the tax thing work for private transfers? If I was to sell somebody a handgun in WA and we went to FFL is there some standard MSRP they have to go by? I'm guessing they won't let you get away with selling a $500 gun for $5, or even $200 for that matter.

6. 8ball

8ball WA Quit talkin' and start chalking!

They will look up market value somewhere. The lesson here is - don't go to an FFL, sell to someone with a CPL.

Would any of our pro 2A state reps consider a bill to make the Dept of Revenue reverse their ruling on FFLs being responsible for firearm use taxes? They could fix the problem on gift taxes at the same time.

I can dream can't I?

FourTeeFive likes this.
  7. SomeDude

SomeDude Portland, OR Reclaimer

Oh I wouldn't go to FFL if I didn't have to. I'm in Oregon and am just wondering how it works if I ever do want to sell a handgun to somebody in Washington. If I'm selling a rifle it's a no-brainer to have them come to Oregon and use FFL here and avoid all that tax junk. But for handgun the only choice is to go through FFL in Washington.