JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've paid taxes in WA on FFL transfers before of course, but I didn't think about it when I ordered several of these lower plus optic deals from PSA.

<broken link removed>

Do you think the FFL is going to charge me tax on the full price of $159, even though some part of that is the optic? I suspect so, because the invoice just says:

Blemished PSA Bullet Pictogram Lower and Vortex Sparc Optic

$159.99

I guess I learned my lesson! :mad:

Nice

uploadfromtaptalk1397399394937.jpg

So how does the tax thing work for private transfers? If I was to sell somebody a handgun in WA and we went to FFL is there some standard MSRP they have to go by? I'm guessing they won't let you get away with selling a $500 gun for $5, or even $200 for that matter.

So how does the tax thing work for private transfers? If I was to sell somebody a handgun in WA and we went to FFL is there some standard MSRP they have to go by? I'm guessing they won't let you get away with selling a $500 gun for $5, or even $200 for that matter.

They will look up market value somewhere. The lesson here is - don't go to an FFL, sell to someone with a CPL.

Would any of our pro 2A state reps consider a bill to make the Dept of Revenue reverse their ruling on FFLs being responsible for firearm use taxes? They could fix the problem on gift taxes at the same time.

I can dream can't I?

Oh I wouldn't go to FFL if I didn't have to. I'm in Oregon and am just wondering how it works if I ever do want to sell a handgun to somebody in Washington. If I'm selling a rifle it's a no-brainer to have them come to Oregon and use FFL here and avoid all that tax junk. But for handgun the only choice is to go through FFL in Washington.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top