JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
image.jpeg Chiappa is bringing out it's New Romanian ( Cugir Arsenal) 22lr AK ( RAK 22) in April and I preordered one @ 439.00$ today . These are the newest version of Rimfire Romanian AKM rifles to come out of the Cugir Arsenal factory in Romania , past models being ( AKT-98 / WASR 22 / RPK 22 / M10 22 ) from early 2000 to 2013 . The RAK 22 is vastly improved with far better fit & finish and improved Bolt and extractor / ejector ...

Pic of Lady with the Rifle is from 2014 , other pic is their Centerfire AK (Notice muzzle nut) , I'm hoping this little beast is set for release soon and not just a phantom of a past shot show with Smoke & mirrors delays for years and it never surfaces as a real import like the Saiga 22 AK variants from 6 years ago . If any of you guys can link any Info on the RAK 22 and pics or Release Date or presser info I'd appreciate it ...:oops::(

Atlantic Firearms will have a Romanian AK in 22lr soon, looks like late May/ early June. MSRP below $499. Not sure if they'll be imported by Chiappa like the PAK-9 is? Check out this thread, there's a pic towards the bottom of the page: New .22 AK - The AK Files Forums

(Sorry if it's bad form to link to another gun forum, if it is mods please delete this post.)

Atlantic Firearms will have a Romanian AK in 22lr soon, looks like late May/ early June. MSRP below $499. Not sure if they'll be imported by Chiappa like the PAK-9 is? Check out this thread, there's a pic towards the bottom of the page: New .22 AK - The AK Files Forums

(Sorry if it's bad form to link to another gun forum, if it is mods please delete this post.)
Love the enthusiasm of the other Rimfire AK fans over there , it has the muzzle nut, dimple receiver and laminate furniture which is great (Like the Mag too) hope it makes it over either as an Atlantic Import or Chiappa item I'll buy both ...

rak-22.jpg

Love the enthusiasm of the other Rimfire AK fans over there , it has the muzzle nut, dimple receiver and laminate furniture which is great (Like the Mag too) hope it makes it over either as an Atlantic Import or Chiappa item I'll buy both ...

Couple things that I don't like:

- Walnut colored furniture, would prefer reddish shellac as used on older MD63's. Easy fix. Needs bake PG, I'm guessing that's a 922 PG on there? I actually like the furniture set in the OP better from what I can see, I'd like to see a closeup.

- 10 rd mags, hope they figure out a 30 or at least a 20. Also what's with the 2 screws at the bottom of the mag? If those 2 screws weren't there the mag would look nicer than the AKT-98 mags.

- Only 1 rib on the dust cover?

I guess I'm just nitpicking. Most importantly is that it functions properly, I had an AKT-98 that had multiple FTF/FTE issues. It looked nice, it was the RPK model with the club stock. Sold it after owning it for a couple months, just couldn't get it to work right.

I'm sure these will hit the shore, Atlantic is my favorite online dealer. I've paid a little more sometimes for firearms from them rather than from another retailer just because of their customer service.

BDM makes the High Caps , (And AKT 98 mags will work too ) , if you see the differences between the Chiappa lady and Atlantic pics you will see the different PG ,Furniture, Muzzle Nut , Mag , and perhaps the topcover which is Proprietary (But any AK/AKM topcover will work ) , I love my WASR 22 & AKT-98s (My Ruger 10/22 International sits in the Safe and my Rimfire Romanians are always a hit with the Kids & Folks at the range ...

BDM makes the High Caps , (And AKT 98 mags will work too ) , if you see the differences between the Chiappa lady and Atlantic pics you will see the different PG ,Furniture, Muzzle Nut , Mag , and perhaps the topcover which is Proprietary (But any AK/AKM topcover will work ) , I love my WASR 22 & AKT-98s (My Ruger 10/22 International sits in the Safe and my Rimfire Romanians are always a hit with the Kids & Folks at the range ...

Yeah but the BDM smoke poly mags just dont look right.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top