JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Edited to include more pics -- I tried to capture the military inspection and proof markings, but they are all over it -- on the flat faces, in the cylinder cut outs, on the barrel, etc. Pretty much everything that looks like an idiot mark in the pics is actually an inspection stamping.

This should really be owned by someone who reloads their own ammunition -- unfortunately that isn't me :( Make me an interesting trade (or cash) offer and she's yours :)

Not sure if I understand your post. . . but, I did find the one in Arkansas -- perhaps the most rust I have ever seen on a revolver -- looks like it was submerged in saltwater for the last hundred years :(

I think yours is a lot prettier. I also think there's a tendency among some folks to value an unrestored specimen higher than a restored one almost reflexively, without considering the piece's intended use. This thing looks like it'd be a hoot to shoot. Good luck with your sale.

I think yours is a lot prettier. I also think there's a tendency among some folks to value an unrestored specimen higher than a restored one almost reflexively, without considering the piece's intended use. This thing looks like it'd be a hoot to shoot. Good luck with your sale.
Thanks! I'm hoping it goes to just the right forum member -- if I still have it after the dumb new law kicks in I'll either keep it for another 10 years or sell it to Cabala's :(

Wish it were me! The only trade item I have available is a Glock 22. Sounds like combat tupperware isn't your thing though. I once had a Webley MKVI, milled for .45acp - "the wobbly." Sure did like that thing, never should have sold it, etc.

Wish it were me! The only trade item I have available is a Glock 22. Sounds like combat tupperware isn't your thing though. I once had a Webley MKVI, milled for .45acp - "the wobbly." Sure did like that thing, never should have sold it, etc.

DirtyBird, If your Glock was in 9mm I might well be sending you a PM as I'd love to find the big old break-top a home before the laws change and Private Party transactions go away, and my general distain for plastic doesn't extend to Glocks. . . But I'm not running anything in .40 S&W at this point not really looking to add yet another caliber to the mix. . . If your has the 9mm conversion however. . .

Fireninja, I wish it were, I sure wish it were. I'm trading it, hoping to get out of .40. No conversion kit, but if I can't swing my own deal by August 8th, I think I'll bite the bullet and get a 9mm barrel and magazines.

I laughed at your remarks about Glocks. They're curently the only firearms I have that aren't blue steel and wood stocks. Used to love the black stuff, but as I've aged I've embraced my inner Fudd.

I wish you'd put a price, I have no idea what its worth.

You and me both Mr. Taylor :)

Seriously though, I have been totally unable to find a real comparable for sale anywhere to try to determine fair price. I see dealers selling beat up specimens for the $800-$1100 range, but this one has been restored (which might have a negative effect on "collector's value"), and IMHO most dealers are living in a fantasy world.

At this point I'm thinking fair cash value is in the $500 range and trade value perhaps a little higher -- mostly it will come down to whether I want the trade -- a trade with a "lesser value" that I find interesting would probably take it. So, feel free to shoot me a cash or trade offer via PM, and the odds are pretty decent it can be yours.

Fireninja, I wish it were, I sure wish it were. I'm trading it, hoping to get out of .40. No conversion kit, but if I can't swing my own deal by August 8th, I think I'll bite the bullet and get a 9mm barrel and magazines.

I laughed at your remarks about Glocks. They're curently the only firearms I have that aren't blue steel and wood stocks. Used to love the black stuff, but as I've aged I've embraced my inner Fudd.
"Inner Fudd" :)

I hear you there. My bedside gun is a true Elmer Fudd gun -- a vintage Springfield Double barrel double trigger 12 GA Coach gun. But, tacti-cool has a place in every well stocked armory, and once you have seen the effectiveness of modern sights, lasers and strobing flashlights only a fool would be a non-believer.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.