JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One really dumb thing that too many hunters do is to use their rifle and scope to observe the area around them. This means that they may be looking at someone through the scope and pointing their rifle at them. To me, this is insanity! Get a pair of binoculars and NEVER point your rifle at another person. They might decide to shoot first and ask questions later. This is just COMMON SENSE, which too many people seem to lack. And, I do think that something orange is good to wear in the woods during hunting season.

I agree. Besides being a lot safer, I think it's easier to spend a day looking through a pair of binos than a scope. Plus, isn't knowing your target one of the basic safety rules? I consider a decent pair of binos to be one of my most important pieces of equipment. You can get by with a relatively cheap rifle scope. As long as it holds zero and you can see through it you're good, but good binos are essential, because it's possible to spend eight hours a day looking through them. A rifle scope you'll look through for five minutes, on a good day. :s0159:

I had a shooting catalog show up at the house the other day. In one photo, a model was sporting orange coat and pants. The print on the orange cloth was what appeared to be large tree branches, but all in black print. As I looked at it, I couldn't help but think of Tony the Tiger. It looked a bit overdone.

well i hate to ware it but better bright than dead . check out odfw site for hunting accident info and you'll find most of the hunters shot were not waring orange so if you know where your going when you die and have good life insurance sure camo out but don't get mad when some weekend warrior has a scope on you checking to see if you have antlers hopefully his safty is on and his finger is not on the trigger

One really dumb thing that too many hunters do is to use their rifle and scope to observe the area around them. This means that they may be looking at someone through the scope and pointing their rifle at them. To me, this is insanity! Get a pair of binoculars and NEVER point your rifle at another person. They might decide to shoot first and ask questions later. This is just COMMON SENSE, which too many people seem to lack. And, I do think that something orange is good to wear in the woods during hunting season.

you got to keep in mind not everyone has gone through a hunters safety course and some people just lack common sence

and face it if your going through the woods and see sudden movement you usually don't have time to use binos and unless you identify it as quickly as a human the rifle goes up and the scope on the object (hopefully with safety on and finger off the trigger. the orange makes it easy to identify a human right away so that does not happen

but there are some real dummies out there my last step mother who was a hottie back in the day had a hunter scope her just checking her out so she aimed her rifle at him took the safety off he quickly stopped and yes she would have shot him.

you got to keep in mind not everyone has gone through a hunters safety course and some people just lack common since

and face it if your going through the woods and see sudden movement you usually don't have time to use binos and unless you identify it as quickly as a human the rifle goes up and the scope on the object (hopefully with safety on and finger off the trigger. the orange makes it easy to identify a human right away so that does not happen

but there are some real dummies out there my last step mother who was a hottie back in the day had a hunter scope her just checking her out so she aimed her rifle at him and took the safety off he quickly stopped and yes she would have shot him.

I wear it deer don't see Orange but people do. Last week we were getting ready to make a push and as we walked up to our spot I make out another guy setting on a stump. That was ok except he was in camo if we had been shooting at a deer we would never have seen him. That is why I wear Orange I want to be visible to other hunters, safety is a two way street its pretty hard to tell the other guy he was wrong when your laying on the ground. Hunt out side of Oregon in most other western states and its required and they seem to kill lots of game.

I wear Orange, use to wear traditional red plaid and a couple of times spotted other hunters scoping me with their rifle scope to see what I was. Really gives you an scary feeling to know you are being scoped with a lethal weapon, and who-knows-what-kind-of-nut behind the trigger. Had a friend a few years ago near Burns have a white and black pinto horse shot and killed while he was riding it, wearing red, and with red ribbons on the horse and saddle. Elk hunter swore that he thought he was shooting an Elk. Go figure! Some hunters can't see; some just get too excited; and, some are just stupid. Anyway, I want all the help I can get, and Blaze Orange has proven effective.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top