Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

WTB OR or Vancouver, WA - Biometric or Electronic Key 2+Rifle Safe

Discussion in 'Non-Firearm Items Wanted' started by Saitac, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Saitac

Saitac United States New Member

Hey guys!

I've got two kids that are getting to be "that age" where I'm concerned my top closet shelf with a trigger lock just won't cut it anymore.

I'm also trying to avoid a "key only" safe because the kids are snoops and will probably find it if it's used frequently. A backup key in the case of a biometric system will be well hidden...

Looking for a safe that will store an 18" barrel shotgun, a 16" barrel AR, a couple pistols, and some ammo. I don't care too much about the details (ie heavy weight, fire proof...) just interested in deterring the kiddos and their friends...

I'd like to spend <$400 and I'll be buying this small Barska Safe if nothing here pans out -> http://www.amazon.com/BARSKA-Quick-...B005FDIUPE/ref=pd_cp_hi_0/179-1170881-8784052

Thanks for looking guys!
    Any help/advice is welcome...

2. Saitac

Buying the safe from Harbor Freight. 59"... Pretty basic but it'll keep the kids out.​

3. Lasers

Lasers Beaverton Member

4. Saitac

Much nicer then the StackOn version. The door is recessed back - tougher to pry. You can also tell the metal is thicker gauge. It weighs about 250 lbs where the same StackOn version felt about 70 lbs.

The digital lock is fine and I've had no issues with it but, as is typical with these cheaper units, the digital components are all plastic. I feel like I could break the plastic toggle lock (beside the digital keypad) if I torqued it. It will definitely keep the kids out though.

For the price, very good deal. Especially if you use the 20% any single item coupon. Got it for a steal.