JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just want to get some verification here. I am a WA resident, looking at buying a rifle from an OR resident. Because it is a rifle, and is going through an FFL, can I use an Oregon based FFL? My understanding is yes, but like I say I want some verification.

Thanks all!

'the seller can have the Oregon FFL send it to a WA FFL where you get to pay for the FFL to do the paperwork and pay tthe state thier "use tax" based on the value of the gun.

Your plan will work fine because you're not actually buying it FROM the private party. It's being transferred to the FFL, and sold to you. No silly tax, not waiting period, no shipping.

Rifle yes, pistol no.
This.

If it was a handgun, then the seller would have to bring it to the FFL in WA state.

You can buy a long gun in any state where it is legal for you to do so (per the state laws), as long as it is also legal for you to do so in the state where you are a legal resident - as long as you buy it through an FFL. In your state of residence, you could buy it from directly from a seller who is also a resident there - IF the state laws allow that (WA and OR do not).

Further...If you're headed this way to do the transfer, and I don't know how far you're coming into Oregon...If it's close to PDX, I'd suggest using Tropics Pawn in East Vancouver. They are the cheapest transfer I know of. $21.

If you're a veteran, military, or LEO, Sporting Systems in Vancouver does the transfer for free. At least that's what they told me last time I sold a gun to a WA resident.

Further...If you're headed this way to do the transfer, and I don't know how far you're coming into Oregon...If it's close to PDX, I'd suggest using Tropics Pawn in East Vancouver. They are the cheapest transfer I know of. $21.
Just dealt with them as I had a long gun transferred up from Nevada. The Tropics guys told me that next time have my long guns sent to an Oregon FFL and I would avoid the Taxman. Tis' legal.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top