JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
This is a nice sporterized Remington 03A3 in 30-06 with a 3X9X40 Simmons scope.
This gun was done right several years ago, Timeny trigger and safety, Leupold 1 piece mount and rings, custom floor plate, stock is hand rubbed True Oil finish. $475.00 I live in the gorge, I'll go west as far as Camas. Contact me at [email protected]

IMGP4017.JPG IMGP4018.JPG IMGP4019.JPG IMGP4021.JPG IMGP4023.JPG IMGP4024.JPG IMGP4025.JPG IMGP4027.JPG

a pity it's been drilled, if it hadn't I'd be tempted to buy it to put it back to original condition.

The problem is that if people didn't sporterized them, there'd be millions of them, and they'd have little value. Just like a 57' Chevy. If people hadn't chopped them, hot-rodded them, and wrapped them around trees, they would be common and not worth restoring.

When this gun was sporterized they where worth nothing. You could buy them at the first GI Joes in Portland for $19.95, they had barrels full of them. Many gunsmiths got their start sporterizing military rifles. You have to remember, right after WW2, new civilian firearms where hard to get, took some time for the manufacturers to get up to production again. In 1955 a new model 70 cost $100-$120 new, you could sporertise an 03A3 for a bit less, and if you where handy, you could personalize it to your liking. Weatherby got his start using Mauser military actions.

If people didnt sporterize them they would be worth something.

Not to hijack this thread, but value is based on supply. If you raise the supply of original guns, you decrease their perceived scarcity, and the price would drop.

I love sporterized military bolt guns. I don't ruin original guns, but i love rebuilding previously bubba'ed guns.

Very nicely done indeed. I have a fine sporterized Enfield, done in the early 1960s.
Have you shot this one yourself, or verified the head spacing?

I have something similar. My father's hunting rifle - an 03A3, bought from the NRA (?) for something like $13, along with a number of other surplus WWII firearms. He sporterized it and took some deer and even more elk. Not for sale - ever.

Back then there were probably hundreds of thousands of these, if not millions.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.