JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And by the way, my considered opinion (that I don't share very often because I just hate squabbling), is that if they pass something like this every one of us should strap on that six gun and open carry safely. Most of the idiots in this state don't even realize that's still our right. Civil disobedience and beef, it's what's for dinner.

I had the exact same thought.

IMG_0727.JPG

IMG_0728.JPG

IMG_0733.JPG
IMG_0734.JPG

IMG_0735.JPG

IMG_0736.jpg

I just got an email from from the NRA-ILA saying SB 868, SB 797, and SB 764 have died and will not come up for a vote.

however, the proposed amendments to Senate Bill 719 would mirror SB 868 in an attempt to create a so-called "Extreme Risk Protection Order" (ERPO) that could be obtained by a law enforcement officer, family member, or household member in an ex parte hearing to deprive someone of their Second Amendment rights without due process of the law. The amendments to SB 719 may be voted on in the Senate Judiciary Committee tomorrow, and it is imperative that you contact the committee members and urge them not to replace SB 719 with an ERPO bill!

I just got an email from from the NRA-ILA saying SB 868, SB 797, and SB 764 have died and will not come up for a vote.

however, the proposed amendments to Senate Bill 719 would mirror SB 868 in an attempt to create a so-called "Extreme Risk Protection Order" (ERPO) that could be obtained by a law enforcement officer, family member, or household member in an ex parte hearing to deprive someone of their Second Amendment rights without due process of the law. The amendments to SB 719 may be voted on in the Senate Judiciary Committee tomorrow, and it is imperative that you contact the committee members and urge them not to replace SB 719 with an ERPO bill!
So the fight continues under SB 719!!!

We need to keep a close eye, lots of bait and switch... This is one I'll drop on Peter Courtney, requesting to keep it from a floor vote...

Looks like they're going to stuff pretty much all of SB 868 into SB 719, which will conveniently be heard tomorrow morning at 8:00 AM... These guys just won't stop...

I would expect the room to be filled with all of Bloombergs paid flunkies again... We need to keep the pressure up, we need to force either technical errors or dropping of these bills altogether...

And we've got another 90 days of this... Stay focused, stay strong and be prepared to fight to the end of the session...

Looks like they're going to stuff pretty much all of SB 868 into SB 719, which will conveniently be heard tomorrow morning at 8:00 AM... These guys just won't stop...

I would expect the room to be filled with all of Bloombergs paid flunkies again... We need to keep the pressure up, we need to force either technical errors or dropping of these bills altogether...

And we've got another 90 days of this... Stay focused, stay strong and be prepared to fight to the end of the session...
What about the bill to make it harder to get a CHL, is that at gone for now?

Preparing my updated letter for SB 719 to go out this morning.

Looking at the legislative website last night, I am seeing a LOT of written testimony in support of these foolish laws, and not nearly enough written testimony against. Come on Oregon gun owners, take 5 minutes to write a letter and submit your testimony, those that will fight for our rights need to know a lot of Oregonians are on their side!

Preparing my updated letter for SB 719 to go out this morning.

Looking at the legislative website last night, I am seeing a LOT of written testimony in support of these foolish laws, and not nearly enough written testimony against. Come on Oregon gun owners, take 5 minutes to write a letter and submit your testimony, those that will fight for our rights need to know a lot of Oregonians are on their side!
This is the problem, complacent gun owners... Then when a new, more restrictive law gets passed, they're surprised...

Listen, Bloomberg flies in professional protesters, with really sad stories... Sure I feel bad that tragedy has impacted their lives, that still doesn't give them the authority to trample on my Constitutional and Civil Rights...

And the Second Amendment is indeed a Civil Right, wish the ACLU would join forces with the NRA and truly put an end to this nonsense.

Anyway, my testimony has been submitted. I guess we see what happens next. Don't be shocked to see further restrictions of our Civil Rights...

This is the problem, complacent gun owners... Then when a new, more restrictive law gets passed, they're surprised...

Listen, Bloomberg flies in professional protesters, with really sad stories... Sure I feel bad that tragedy has impacted their lives, that still doesn't give them the authority to trample on my Constitutional and Civil Rights...

And the Second Amendment is indeed a Civil Right, wish the ACLU would join forces with the NRA and truly put an end to this nonsense.

Anyway, my testimony has been submitted. I guess we see what happens next. Don't be shocked to see further restrictions of our Civil Rights...

I agree but I think we as gun owners, or I should say active owners look to Lobbies to educate us and the general public and really in Oregon lobbies do not do that. Unless you are active follower you do not know whats up. I live in super conservative Douglas County and guess what most everyone down here still has no idea about SB941 let alone anything new. I can tell you ceasefire and those lefties sure spend time when they can traveling counties to educate so whats wrong with this picture?
how can we get support if the agencies we trust to educate, that don't.
I guess another way to look at it is Lobbys get paid by members, and schools get paid by taxes, we expect schools to teach the general public that enter them proper education. I find most state and their lobby's work hard to educate the non-firearm owners as much as the firearms owners . With these new laws not a chirp down here from anyone you could hear a pin drop. Gun laws what gun laws and that shows in my opinion a poor system we rely on.

Last Edited:
Maybe that means they shouldn't have done that, and knew they were doing something wrong. Too little, too late, I suppose.

Maybe if they didn't hold these hearings at 8AM on the day after Easter, it would help. Some of us working-class scrubs can't swing that despite our best efforts.

This is how they scheme up things that they know will stifle their opposition. TAKE A SICK DAY ALREADY.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top